Diablo® III

Best way to farm paragon exp

If I can't play a strafe spec? I don't know why, I just cannot do it. I die literally all the time, cannot live for more than 10 second against !@#$ing phase beasts. If anyone can let me know, that'd be appreciated.
Reply Quote
well cant really say anything on your gear would have to see how you play. need to adjust your strategy maybe ?
Reply Quote
Perhaps, I've been thinking about that a lot. I was trying out the cinder-strafe spec and what would happen was that I would go to be all aggressive with my vault and vault through a pack of fire chains or a pack of any sort of phase beasts and they would just tele to me and one shot me all quick and !@#$. I am quite unsure of how to deal with this. Even if I hit smoke screen in time it's quite likely that I will not kill all three of them before another one has a chance to get a shot in on me that will hit me for well over 85% of my life.

I know my LoH is very low to be playing this spec the only problem with that is that it's very difficult to find a piece that's an upgrade to me while also having LoH. It kind of feels like I have to give up a lot (5k damage or more) to get a lot of LoH (say 500+ on a neck). I am really unsure if this trade off is worth it. On the one hand I am dying and that is a problem but on the other hand trading my neck out for one of the affordable LoH ones I've found will cost me 100 vitality which seems like kind of a lot to give up.

I watched that video detailing the cinder strafe build that was posted on Reddit a while back and I have to say I do not know how he does so much more damage than I do. I have better / the same gear and we're both using SoJ but he gets elites down like it's nothing where I really struggle. I feel like he just gets really lucky in that when he vaults through mob packs a bunch of them do not have the time to get an auto-attack off where, in my case, I am not so lucky very often. IDK. He also has a lot more LoH than I do and a lot more passive regen but that's not really where I'm having a big issue (although I've yet to live long enough to where I've farmed enough to find a RD pack). So yeah, tempted to run Gloom instead of Smoke Screen but that will end in me running out of Disc a lot since I cannot afford a ring to get nat's 4-piece.
Reply Quote
what lvl runs are you doing i.e mp lvl ? i am a dh tank and rarly die so its hard for me to come up with a reason ?
Reply Quote
try my build for speedfarming mp1

edit: I recommend getting a stone of jordan with at least 27%, then you can get rid of your unity for a nats ring or a better rare

o/
Edited by Veritech#1882 on 12/5/2012 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
From what I can see on first you need more life. I have much less dmg but much more life than you and hardly ever die in MP1, while if I farm with my fav wiz farming partner I can hardly survive MP3. Try EHP calculators to really see how effective your gear is.
About ways to farm - since your DH is not tanky one you need a tank with you - well equiped templar or groups with good tanks to keep them busy. I always farm act 3 sometimes Alkaizer run (again when with my fav wiz) or just join the public game at second quest in Act 3 and make shore there is some diversity in the group and that pace of gaming is OK with mine.
What is also important is to develop your own surviving skills in game, dont change your skills too often as you eventually have to press right buttons without thinking. I love ToC and that is the only skill I never changed since I got it (ahh those times when it was 1500%dmg) but havent play starfe - too costly while not effective enough, for now my gear is working perfectly for tanky DH (aggresive vaulting and pretending to be a barb :P ) on MP1 even with Scoundrel as a follower.
Reply Quote
drop Smoke Screen and use Gloom. It's pretty necessary for the strafe spec, as well as pretty much every other DH spec if you want to survive against reflect damage.

Also, use demolition rune for strafe, it does about twice as much damage as the other runes if you use it properly. The grenades will miss moving targets if they're chasing you, so you kinda have to do two things: 1) hit strafe slightly before the mobs "agro" you that way the grenades are already exploding and killing them by the time they notice you, and 2) strafe on top or in circles around fast moving mobs like a WW barb kinda, that way all the grenades hit and with gloom up you don't die.

Trail of Cinders is not necessary at all because.with decent gear a grenade crit will one shot trash mobs on mp0, and strafing on top of a boss pack will kill it faster than using vault on it. Better to use Tumble rune for faster overall movement speed through the runs.
Reply Quote
Follower is useful you have to pick it up and use 1 of them

I see your follower is equip only junk some of them is empty
Reply Quote
at mp0 i have a spec that gets me results better then strafe. (Even tho im using strafe atm for a change of pace lol).

you take TA nightstalker and vengeance passives, ball lightning and hungering arrow as your main attacks

defense skills would be ToC prep backup plan bat and gloom, main idea is to run around vaulting as much as possible and melting entire mobs in seconds, you basically live off globes and gloom should only be used against RD elites and maybe phasebeasts. using this i achieve a 7:40 minute alkaizer which is better then almost all of the strafe times.
Reply Quote
Perhaps, I've been thinking about that a lot. I was trying out the cinder-strafe spec and what would happen was that I would go to be all aggressive with my vault and vault through a pack of fire chains or a pack of any sort of phase beasts and they would just tele to me and one shot me all quick and !@#$. I am quite unsure of how to deal with this. Even if I hit smoke screen in time it's quite likely that I will not kill all three of them before another one has a chance to get a shot in on me that will hit me for well over 85% of my life.

I know my LoH is very low to be playing this spec the only problem with that is that it's very difficult to find a piece that's an upgrade to me while also having LoH. It kind of feels like I have to give up a lot (5k damage or more) to get a lot of LoH (say 500+ on a neck). I am really unsure if this trade off is worth it. On the one hand I am dying and that is a problem but on the other hand trading my neck out for one of the affordable LoH ones I've found will cost me 100 vitality which seems like kind of a lot to give up.

I watched that video detailing the cinder strafe build that was posted on Reddit a while back and I have to say I do not know how he does so much more damage than I do. I have better / the same gear and we're both using SoJ but he gets elites down like it's nothing where I really struggle. I feel like he just gets really lucky in that when he vaults through mob packs a bunch of them do not have the time to get an auto-attack off where, in my case, I am not so lucky very often. IDK. He also has a lot more LoH than I do and a lot more passive regen but that's not really where I'm having a big issue (although I've yet to live long enough to where I've farmed enough to find a RD pack). So yeah, tempted to run Gloom instead of Smoke Screen but that will end in me running out of Disc a lot since I cannot afford a ring to get nat's 4-piece.

Give other Strafe runes a go. I recommend Rocket Storm since the rockets auto target the mobs. Imo the cinder-strafe is the rune to avoid as you need fairly decent ehp cos mobs will be on your tail while u strafe around. While LOH is nice to have, I would say that it is a crutch stat. Use Gloom rather than relying on LOH. U have dps comparable to what I have and there is no reason why you can't make Strafe work. As other posters have said, drop Smoke Screen for Gloom.

I've been using Strafe to paragon level since 1.05 started. Just started using my current build which utilises both BL and Rocket Storm Strafe (credits to Ruroshin in this thread. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200183856?page=2) Add me in-game if you are interested to see the build in action.
Edited by cazwu#6487 on 12/6/2012 4:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Try this build (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ajdgVh!ZXe!cacYcZ).

I've been using this in MP1 and doing Alkaizer runs. I have a Ruby in my helm and a Hellfire ring for bonus exp. You can always add Stone of Jordan for more EXP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]