Diablo® III

Blizzard DEFINE RNG

At first i actually BELIEVED in RNG, I mean c'mon everyone has a fair chance of getting the same item (I'm not going into stats) but then as i keep playing the game i noticed my wizzy keeps getting either WD or Monk item, be it rare, legend or set. I never get wizard stuff which is annoying and forces me to head to AH to purchase my upgrades which is still FINE. But the final straw was this week which is exactly 1 week of getting i62 bracers and gloves (Legend), i mean this items suck so badly i wished Blizzard would have just dropped me brimstone to save me the hassle of actually destroying it. What am i suppose to do with crap loots ? seeing that brimstone can't craft anything good at the moment.

As a freaking wizard i have never gotten a source or wand (Legend / Set) for the matter of fact. You say it's random i say your forcing us to head to AH. Shouldn't we be able to fairly get our own items ?

Where are all the Echoing Fury, Chantodo, Tal Rasha drops ?
Reply Quote
Its hard to believe in rng when you are getting the same item dropped multiple times every other day

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.
Original Post for Leveling your Paragon Levels Fast!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179478144?page=5

Keep On Grinding Diablo 3!!!
Reply Quote
Now that you mention it, I found 1 bad chantodos and 2 pieces of tal rasha's pieces (chest + belt) today on my runs.
Reply Quote
Start a BARB.
I get all DEXx and mainly Itel drops for my Barb. I got a Unity last night all intel, I got a uni pant - intel, skorn - 400 intel, and a awesome Ice Shoes for Monk or DH.

I used to give it all to my WD and Monk buddy, but recently started a Wiz. to feed these loots.
My Wiz is only level 20 and I already have both rings, pants and a Mempho intel helm for when it hits 60. Once at 60 I will use the Wiz to find Barb gear since, like you said, system drops opposite.
Edited by Prology#1426 on 12/5/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Its hard to believe in rng when you are getting the same item dropped multiple times every other day

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.
Original Post for Leveling your Paragon Levels Fast!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179478144?page=5

Keep On Grinding Diablo 3!!!

Promise of Glory ? Frostbite Gloves yeap random huh ? i got SEVEN bracer today and each time before i pick it up i was hoping and praying it would be a Lacuni, nevermind the stats at least i stood a chance to roll it !
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Harmless
Now that you mention it, I found 1 bad chantodos and 2 pieces of tal rasha's pieces (chest + belt) today on my runs.

That's because your not a wizard. Blizzard loves giving opposite classes each others parts.
Reply Quote
I found 2 promise in one run. How random.
Last week I found 2 Dawn's.

Notice we never find 2 IK chest arrmors.
Reply Quote
Start a BARB.
I get all DEXx and mainly Itel drops for my Barb. I got a Unity last night all intel, I got a uni pant - intel, skorn - 400 intel, and a awesome Ice Shoes for Monk or DH.

I used to give it all to my WD and Monk buddy, but recently started a Wiz. to feed these loots.
My Wiz is only level 20 and I already have both rings, pants and a Mempho intel helm for when it hits 60. Once at 60 I will use the Wiz to find Barb gear since, like you said, system drops opposite.

I did start a barb but i keep getting DH items which still doesn't really solve the puzzle. Why say RNG when it's rigged to give us other classes item ?
Reply Quote
Why say RNG when it's rigged to give us other classes item ?

IF they coded it that way, then you know the answer as to why.

The more AH transactions, the more 15% transaction fees.

The only way I would ever beleive that RNG = RNG, is if they showed the source code.
Blizz RNG has a ton of other variables and it's obvious to many many players.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Prology
Why say RNG when it's rigged to give us other classes item ?

IF they coded it that way, then you know the answer as to why.

The more AH transactions, the more 15% transaction fees.

The only way I would ever beleive that RNG = RNG, is if they showed the source code.
Blizz RNG has a ton of other variables and it's obvious to many many players.

Then ask their CM to stop using the word RNG is RNG. It's contradicting what it actually is.

Just tell us for example

If you are a barb your chances are as per below

20% - Barb item
30% - DH item
20% - Wizard item
20% - WD item
10% - Monk item

Just come clean I'm sick of seeing the word "RNG IS RNG" it makes me go nuts a wish i was in America so that i can visit Jay Wilson and tell him to RNG THIS !
Reply Quote
Most of the legendary items that drop are bad. That's because bad legendary items have a higher chance of dropping versus good legendary items.

Blizzard keeps increasing the number of rare/legendary drops while decreasing the drop quality, hence why we have inventories full of crap after a run.

Honestly, I'd rather have it the other way, where loot only drops if it's good...
Reply Quote
random number generator
Reply Quote
RNG ≠ Random... Feel free to copy paste my does not equal symbol.
Reply Quote
There is no such thing as random with computers.
Reply Quote
My inventory gets filled with barb belts and most of my good drops (so far) have been barb or wizard as well.

True randomness doesn't seem random. Flip a coin 100 times and let me know what you got ;) Are you going to tell me there is a reason for your statistics?

If this is really the case why don't you make a thread asking for people prone to wizard drops to trade with you. Even if it is perfectly random you would still get applicants.

12/05/2012 01:19 PMPosted by CakeM1x

Dude where did you pull this out of?
Edited by fingrknitter#1794 on 12/5/2012 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:19 PMPosted by CakeM1x

This... SO MUCH! I suppose only programmers realize this.
Reply Quote
Most of the legendary items that drop are bad. That's because bad legendary items have a higher chance of dropping versus good legendary items.

Blizzard keeps increasing the number of rare/legendary drops while decreasing the drop quality, hence why we have inventories full of crap after a run.

Honestly, I'd rather have it the other way, where loot only drops if it's good...

+1

Players might even bother to pick yellows again if they did this.
Reply Quote
My inventory gets filled with barb belts and most of my good drops (so far) have been barb or wizard as well.

True randomness doesn't seem random. Flip a coin 100 times and let me know what you got ;) Are you going to tell me there is a reason for your statistics?

If this is really the case why don't you make a thread asking for people prone to wizard drops to trade with you. Even if it is perfectly random you would still get applicants.

Dude where did you pull this out of?

College professor in a class on data/probabilities. Forget exactly the name of the course. Loved needing to take that to become a system/network admin!
Edited by CakeM1x#1416 on 12/5/2012 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]