Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I play with my brother (David#12199) and he purchased the game in full 3 months ago and suddenly today his account is downgraded to Starter Edition status? This was not in any way associated with the WoW annual pass asit was purchased as a Digital Download and he has no WoW account whatsoever - this purchase shows up in the account history on his battle.net for $59.99.
What is the deal here? We only get to play together for a few hours a week and he logged in to find his account status downgraded and all his characters are unavailable to play.
What you describe usually happens when either the AP fails, which is not the case here, or when the transaction fails. A failed transaction would have shown up in the first 72 hours though, not three months later. I would recommend he give Billing and Account services a call when they open today. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
Some tips for calling:
1. The phone lines are always full these days (They support all of D3, WoW, and Starcraft). Spam re-dial immediately when you hear the queue full message until you get in queue and then stay there!
2. Cell phones hate being on hold and can disconnect. Use a land line (free in the US) or Skype (free to download and call them with anywhere in the world).
3. Be prepared for a 45 min + wait on hold
4. Be prepared to prove your identity by answering questions or giving Battle.net game keys
5. If you get it resolved on the phone, remember to cancel any tickets you have in the system to reduce the backlog there.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.