Diablo® III

Sorry, but Blizzard is not Indebted to You

(Locked)

You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it. You are not owed your money back. You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

Yet Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel are all still working to make this game more fun, with more content, and more awesome loot. They've already made many good changes to the game, and more continues to come - all for the original price.

"Well, how are they able to keep putting through updates?" Because of the RMAH. You may hate it. That's okay. Don't use it. But many people do. Some people have more time than money, others have more money than time. It bridges the gap between the hardcore player and the family / career person. And it doesn't matter if you like it or not since it's here to stay.

With all that said, I'd like to thank Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel for making a wonderfully addictive game. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to all the changes in the future.

Cheers.

-Straag-
sorry bro we are owed a pvp system, it is on the cover of the game.
Digital copy no cover ;p
Meh, blizzard should be happy that the fans care about their future. :/ This is an opportunity to make money if smartly thought out. :/

Learn from mistakes mind you.

@OP, thanks for pointing that out. But I hope you're not a blizzard personnel. I mean if you were, and that's how blizzard tm thinks; i'd be very disappointed on the lack of professionalism in addressing a simple issue.

how to fix it?

Sorry. We made a mistake. Because we love you fans, we'll make it better. Then the opportunity is there - provide pvp - some will hate some will love it. Then people will come back or not, but hey - better late than never.
these threads occasionally pop up like once a month :D
We may not be owed what some people are asking for, but Blizzard sure as hell better be trying to please people if they ever want them buying another game from them.

You think if they just released this game and never updated it or tried to improve it, they would be able to stay open as a company? They would be shut down, plain and simple. Even with them caving to peoples demands and trying to make the game better, I still won't buy any of their games like I used to. Used to be able to buy one of their games and know you were in for a treat when you got home.
diss the fans, say bye bye to bonus. ^.^ happy fan - more games bought. win win.
Of course they don't owe the community anything but if they want to continue to sell games/add-ons in the future, they'd better damn well feel like they owe us still.
Sorry, OP.

Blizz sold in incomplete game. They are indebted to their paying customers.

I'd bet that even they would agree with that.
If you buy a game at release without knowing anything about it but the hype, then you get what you pay for. You're not owed anymore or less than the original game. People have bought hundreds of thousands of game in the past and been let down. As a gamer, it happens.

Is the game all it could have been? Maybe not. Are they constantly working to improve it, update it, and make it better? Yes, they are.

Many people forget Diablo II at release was not the game that they remember. And I'd imagine that's all Jay Wilson was trying to say, despite it being twisted into more bad PR.

Cheers.

-Straag-

PS: No, I don't work for Blizzard.
You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it. You are not owed your money back. You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

This is true, yes. But a company cannot afford to think like this with regards to their products. There is something called quality assurance, or branding. It's very important to companies. Look it up.
I don't think you can get that 5dollars to be a jerk PR.
I strongly Agree with some of you OP but i still believe that blizzard should listen to the people that are veterans of this franchise for a long time... i started back with warcraft 2 then diablo 1-2-xpac and now diablo 3. So they should listen to some of our ideas to add to the game.

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.
Blizzard takes real life threats very serious, as they should!
Thread for reporting this bad behavior

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911771204

Original Post for Leveling your Paragon Levels Fast!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179478144?page=5

Keep On Grinding Diablo 3!!!
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 12/5/2012 9:03 AM PST
Why do all of you fanboys always fall back on D2 being a mess at release? That's completely irrelevant.

You don't release games in an unfinished state just because previous games have been. That's bizarre logic. lol
12/05/2012 09:02 AMPosted by NeLLy
I strongly Agree with some of you OP but i still believe that blizzard should listen to the people that are veterans of this franchise for a long time... i started back with warcraft 2 then diablo 1-2-xpac and now diablo 3. So they should listen to some of our ideas to add to the game.

They've started to do this with some of their updates. When releasing the game, they likely didn't have any idea the community would respond the way they did, and they've been working constantly to fix the many issues the community raises. Fixes take a lot of time, work, and funding, and I'm sure they're doing their best to respond in as timely of a manner as possible.

Cheers, NeLLy.

-Straag-
12/05/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Straag
If you buy a game at release without knowing anything about it but the hype, then you get what you pay for. You're not owed anymore or less than the original game. People have bought hundreds of thousands of game in the past and been let down. As a gamer, it happens.

Idiocy confirmed.

All of the Diablo 2 players that purchased Diablo 3 are owed more than the original game. Diablo 3 was a downgrade in nearly every aspect. People bought the game because Diablo 2 was, and is regarded as one of the best PC games of all time.

What hype do you speak of? I think I saw like 3 commercials for Diablo 3 before it was released and purchased. The hype for Diablo 3 was created by Blizzard via an outstanding game they created in Diablo 2. Is it wrong to believe in that kind of hype? This isn't some new IP where all of the hype is created by pumping money into advertising.
12/05/2012 09:08 AMPosted by TheoryCraft
Idiocy confirmed.

I'll disregard all the rest of your threads. When discussing something with another individual, perhaps some politeness? Just because I do not agree with you, doesn't make me an idiot.

Cheers, TheoryCraft.

-Straag-

Is the game all it could have been? Maybe not. Are they constantly working to improve it, update it, and make it better? Yes, they are.

Many people forget Diablo II at release was not the game that they remember. And I'd imagine that's all Jay Wilson was trying to say, despite it being twisted into more bad PR.

Cheers.

-Straag-

PS: No, I don't work for Blizzard.

You are making it seem that blizzard does not care, and hence we fans of this franchise should be wary of buying future products of blizzard. :/ What is your intention mate? That we support bliz or leave it to rot?

You make it sound like bliz is a company not worth caring about. :/ Well I care about it. This is one of the makers of my childhood games, and I'd be disappointed if it all went to hell because of this diablo 3 fiasco.

As it is now, it's not a bad game, just incomplete and should be made whole. PVP is necessary.

Meh, I don't care about Jay wilson or whoever that person is. This is a team effort. This game is the baby of everyone who made it so, not just one person.

Why there is bad pr, simply because it did not deliver the diablo theme. - dungeon and pvp. It's the gameplay mate. Gamers get this.
Actually, they promised PvP with the game.
12/05/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Straag
Idiocy confirmed.

I'll disregard all the rest of your threads. When discussing something with another individual, perhaps some politeness? Just because I do not agree with you, doesn't make me an idiot.

Cheers, TheoryCraft.

-Straag-

I don't create threads, I just post in them to try and instill some reality into people.

Do you know how big of a piece of crap this game would be if they released it and never did any updating to it? Do you understand what that would do to Blizzard? Since you love this game so much, this should really make you think. If they didn't update this giant pile of crap, people would not play, and your precious game would eventually be taken offline because they cannot afford to keep the servers running.

You absolutely have no place to be telling people what their expectations should have been for this game. Blizzard 100% knows they are messing this up badly. You think those guys are sitting behind their desks browsing facebook? No, many of their jobs are on the line, along with the reputation of the company.

Companies only exist to please the customer. No company can keep their doors open if they disappoint their customers and continue putting out bad products.

So yes, please do disregard my posts, as I will not lose any sleep over it. If you really think for a second that Blizzard owes their customers nothing, then you sir have some very strange idea of how this world works.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]