Diablo® III

Sorry, but Blizzard is not Indebted to You

(Locked)

I'd pay them to add dueling. Just my two cents here.
View profile
Sorry, but Blizzard is not Indebted to You
You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

Like several posters have already noted, we did bought and payed for the PvP in advance, it says so on the box. Blizzard are still to deliver PvP and until they do they are indeed indebted to us.
Sorry, but you're wrong.

We are all aware that PVP is coming.

The only hope you might have with this one is trying to claim that they are legally obligated.

I wouldn't think they are, but I am no legal expert so I cant even comment on that part.

If there are any lawyers reading this, I would love to get their honest opinion on it.
You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it. You are not owed your money back. You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

Straag: You're ignoring all the game lacks (or was even promised to have upon launch). You're ignoring the well over 10 years true fans like myself waited for this title to come out. Are you suggesting the money we've already given to Blizzard in the past doesn't show of loyalty as customers and therefore deserve some respect or gratitude in return?

I only agree with you in the sense that we all must follow the "buyer beware" rule in life. But that's a general rule in life. That doesn't alleviate Blizzard of its responsibilities as a software/entertainment company nor should it preemptively have dashed our hopes that they would produce a higher quality and more complete product than they have. I mean, seriously, this isn't Diablo 1. Why does Diablo 3, 3 mind you, not contain certain well-received features of Diablo 1 not to mentioned the improved title Diablo 2?

I know that you're just a troll or an idiot, but Straag, just because some of us complain about how the original development teams were fired or how it seems that Diablo 3 has been taken in the wrong directions, it doesn't mean we're totally ungrateful. I still have some fun playing the game, just not a fraction of the fun I could be having if they had made it correctly or if they would fix what still isn't too late to fix at least.

Because Jay Wilson promised us and he's such a reliable chap. We even just got this nifty blog where he talks about it. Oh wait...

When the game was released it was universally believed that it was impossible that PvP wouldn't be out before years end. That prediction sure worked.
View profile

Because Jay Wilson promised us and he's such a reliable chap. We even just got this nifty blog where he talks about it. Oh wait...

When the game was released it was universally believed that it was impossible that PvP wouldn't be out before years end. That prediction sure worked.

I don't know all the details OK, and do you for that matter?

Believe me I am very anxious for PVP to be added, and I feel you.
What makes me laugh at this troll is that he keeps saying this isn't a democracy, but then ignores that blizzard is a business.

Seriously, ok we don't vote with our money, but the point of a business is to make money right? So why would they want to alienate customers. They don't, which is why they listen and support their product.

If he can't understand this he is ignorant or a troll and there is no reason to take him serious. I know I don't.
View profile
What makes me laugh at this troll is that he keeps saying this isn't a democracy, but then ignores that blizzard is a business.

Seriously, ok we don't vote with our money, but the point of a business is to make money right? So why would they want to alienate customers. They don't, which is why they listen and support their product.

If he can't understand this he is ignorant or a troll and there is no reason to take him serious. I know I don't.

This is just slanderous you hater, and me a troll?

Ya that's it lol, just lie more why don't you......
You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it. You are not owed your money back. You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

Yet Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel are all still working to make this game more fun, with more content, and more awesome loot. They've already made many good changes to the game, and more continues to come - all for the original price.

"Well, how are they able to keep putting through updates?" Because of the RMAH. You may hate it. That's okay. Don't use it. But many people do. Some people have more time than money, others have more money than time. It bridges the gap between the hardcore player and the family / career person. And it doesn't matter if you like it or not since it's here to stay.

With all that said, I'd like to thank Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel for making a wonderfully addictive game. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to all the changes in the future.

Cheers.

Wrong, Blizzard would update the game wether there was a RMAH or not, they have done the same with all of their past games since the very beginning. Check your history before you give all of the credit to the RMAH. That being said, I'm sure it does help but it isn't the sole reason they are updating the game. A great deal of people would have stopped playing long ago if they didn't have any updates since release, and they still have a long way to go also.

Speaking of the RMAH I could care less about it. I don't use nor do I intend to but I understand why Blizzard chose to implement it. You can beat this game and have good gear without using it. With all of the piles of gold you find, you can buy gear off of the GAH without having to spend a penny but hey, whatever makes people happy.
I love ad hominem remarks they just reinforce that you are wrong and know it.
View profile
12/06/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Vexel
Wrong, Blizzard would update the game wether there was a RMAH or not, they have done the same with all of their past games since the very beginning. Check your history before you give all of the credit to the RMAH. That being said, I'm sure it does help but it isn't the sole reason they are updating the game. A great deal of people would have stopped playing long ago if they didn't have any updates since release, and they still have a long way to go also.

OK I am not sure if I even agree with his point about the RMAH, but if you cut that part out he is totally right about the rest at least.
View profile
12/06/2012 02:10 AMPosted by Giggler

You about have to laugh at this part don't you?

Associating democracy with business lol?

I bet this guy thinks the USA is a democracy.

I don't know all the details OK, and do you for that matter?

Believe me I am very anxious for PVP to be added, and I feel you.

Of course I have no details. I don't work for Blizzard and they sure don't provide anything in that department. All we got was an ambiguous tweet about "issues". It's a matter of perception. For every month without a promised feature, general confidence in Blizz's abilities takes a plunge. That confidence might be restored when it comes out IF it's awesome.
blizz pls dont do PVP
Blizz pls do PK
Blizz dont lisining this trols here who want Pvp
Pvp will by sux .. more quest will by fun more item more ppl in party
Damn you are the biggest troll ever.

Maybe if I start a new paragraph after every sentence you will listen.

I doubt it, but nobody is taking you serious anymore.

You do know blizzard is a bussiness?

That they have shareholders, even if they don't answer to us they owe them something.
They're not going to pander to the lowest common denominator; regardless of any legitimate problems, they created an interactive object and it's in their best needs to retain credibility and integrity with it.

However, they did promise us an item grind as "fun" as D2's, and on that level, regardless of your definition of the word "fun," they failed miserably.

Additionally, it's clear from several angles that Blizzard intends to make long term money off of D3. The two biggest examples are:

1. Persistent server usage without fee, and RMAH fees going straight to Blizzard; and
2. pre-release insistence that D3 will support multiple expansions.

I am not a Blizzard fanboy (you can argue that if you like; I don't care.)

But I have been an active player of Warcraft 2, Diablo 1 & 2, and World of Warcraft (for about 3 years.) I am well aware of the mechanisms of WC 3 and SC 2.

I have to say that D3 is the biggest mis-step I've seen from them, EVER. But I can objectively say, given my WoW experience, that they DO listen to player feedback. That's not to say that they'll blindly put in every system change that is suggested, but it IS in their best interest (DUH) to provide an experience that players actually want to play.

Why they've ignored the obvious needs to change the itemization of gear that would basically fix 85% of the issues, is beyond me. Logistics? Or ill-advised belief in a broken system? I certainly can't say. But, it IS in their best interests to make D3 an enjoyable experience, or else they lose out on all their future profits.

As a persistent experience, I'm willing to grind away while I wait to see what the game may offer; but I understand anyone who won't.

The only hope you might have with this one is trying to claim that they are legally obligated.

I wouldn't think they are, but I am no legal expert so I cant even comment on that part.

If there are any lawyers reading this, I would love to get their honest opinion on it.

I wish I were a lawyer or currently knew one so that I could answer you 100% for sure. But as far as I know the situation, Blizzard had violated some laws with Diablo 3 (not having advertised PvP is just one example) and I've even heard that they've lost some cases abroad although I don't know if they regarded Diablo 3 or other Blizzard products.

But, anyway, I'm with you on this one. I would like to hear what both Activision-Blizzard and non-Blizzard lawyers have to say about these issues. I'd love to hear their perspectives and know for sure if we are legally entitled to any recompense. I'm not interested in getting my $100 back at this point. I've played for dozens/hundreds of hours. I just would like to know as a matter of principle.

I'm hoping if Blizzard is found legally in the wrong that this will motivate them to make more improvements and hopefully give us a free (or more affordable) expansion with more game content and a much larger world to play in and hopefully PvP (I personally don't care much for it, but it would please a lot of other players).

I mean, while I hate that they seem to have gone the WoW direction, I figure if they aren't going to do that, they might as well commit. I think a WoW type game only with the style and story of Diablo would be great fun!

Imagine if you play through Diablo 3 and it's future expansion and you think you're all done and then the last clip shows a totally new land with a new set of plot lines for you to deal with ... so it could be like Diablo 3, Diablo 3 expansion, and a title called Sanctuary (which is like a second expansion release right after Diablo 3 expansion). If there are legal issues with the name, maybe something like Diablo: Sanctuary instead.

This would split the game into two modes.. One is story mode which is the main game and its episodic expansions, and then the Sanctuary one could be a 'world' mode or client type experience that is more free roaming and like WoW or other MMORGP's.. this mode/version could be free with advertising or due to the RMAH or would possibly have a monthly charge to maintain the new massive world for us to explore, yay. However, the main titles and expansion episodes (what I called "story mode") would have no monthly charge and would be like things are now. So, you would only need to buy the main game and then up to the expansion you wanted to play if you weren't interested in the MMORPG aspect of Diablo: Sanctuary.

Characters and stash could be shared between modes or they could be kept separate, that's up to Blizzard, but there are benefits to both options. The compromise is to have a transfer operation between the two but that would complicate things and probably should be avoided.

(PvP is fine, although I could do without any non-duel PKing or PKKing... it is fun at first but it gets old quickly and I'd much rather everyone in the game be helping with the quest or item farming rather than just being a nuisance.)

Anyway, just some of my ideas. I know it mostly doesn't relate to your post but I want to thank you MH for your post since it got me thinking!

~Philoi
Edited by Philoi#1655 on 12/6/2012 2:32 AM PST
pvp this pvp thats pff mark my word this system will fail again :)
View profile
Of course I have no details. I don't work for Blizzard and they sure don't provide anything in that department. All we got was an ambiguous tweet about "issues". It's a matter of perception. For every month without a promised feature, general confidence in Blizz's abilities takes a plunge. That confidence might be restored when it comes out IF it's awesome.

You can think whatever you want about Blizzard, Diablo 3, and Jay Wilson if that is any comfort.

We are all entitled to our opinion in life and here as well, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
12/06/2012 02:37 AMPosted by MagusHenosis

You can think whatever you want about Blizzard, Diablo 3, and Jay Wilson if that is any comfort.

We are all entitled to our opinion in life and here as well, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bless your little cotton-softs. Whatever would he do without you to affirm that he's allowed to think whatever he wants? I've already submitted a petition that'll enable you insant MVP status.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]