Diablo® III

Sorry, but Blizzard is not Indebted to You

(Locked)

"Well, how are they able to keep putting through updates?" Because of the RMAH.

Is that how updates are funded? How did every other non-subscription fee game before Diablo 3 manage it!?

And we are owed PvP.
we are blizzard's customers and we are the ones that they want to hear from for suggestions and so on but I think the problem here is the entitled attitude of some ppl. requests often sound more like demands on this site and it seems as though some ppl actually think that this is necessary or perhaps even more effective (which couldn't be further from the truth). the fact is, requests will hold much more weight if they are presented in a respectful and polite manner. if I were a game dev and some player on the forums was trying to talk down to me, I wouldn't even bother reading another word of their post.
92 Troll Shaman
Hi,
I agree with everything you said. But I have one thing to add.

The problem is I don't want to use the ah ( gold ah or money ah). It feels like cheating to me.
I used to play Diablo 2 for 12 hours straight hunting for items. I didn't get the best items in the game but I got items that made my characters very powerful. That made the game fun for me.

But the chance of getting good items in Diablo 3 is very very low due to both action houses.

Why not make the best items in the game very rare like they are now but make items with let's say 80% of their power with decent chance of dropping. By decent I mean a chance that will allow me playing 10 hours a week to get them in 2 years or so.
The numbers are up for discussion.

I hope that Blizzard will implement an option to disable both action houses for characters at the creation screen. For those characters you can't use the action houses ever. Of course the stash will need to be separated from the characters with the ability of using action houses.
And now you can give to the characters without action houses a significant increase in drop chance for good items.
As I said before good items not the best items in the game.
I think the angry "im leaving" people are still going to buy the next game that Blizz makes anyways.
12/05/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Straag
Many people forget Diablo II at release was not the game that they remember.

No they don't. They wonder why Blizzard didn't learn from Diablo 2.
What is your intention mate? That we support bliz or leave it to rot?

A lot of people feel quite entitled these days. My only point is that when you buy a game, you're not owed anything more than that. We get patches on a consistent basis, and they've helped to make the game more enjoyable for a lot of people. Some people will get bored with the game, and that's okay. Many games are the same way; only fun to a point.

Blizzard has my support and I'm sorry if I came across any way other than that. I've attempted to use these forums as ways to communicate relevant changes, as well as point out that Diablo III's Development Team isn't the horrid abomination that many forumgoers seem to view it as.

And as far as me making it seem like Blizzard doesn't care; again, this was not my intention. My entire point is that Blizzard does care - and they've taken many steps in the right direction towards showing it.

Cheers, Sovereign.

-Straag-
We are not owed PvP, it is call hostility!
Is that how updates are funded? How did every other non-subscription fee game before Diablo 3 manage it!?

What games are you referring to exactly? How many updates came through? How often did these updates happen? Were they released for free or via some sort of payment option?

Point being that revenue of some sort helps games to be polished. And revenue from RMAH only affects those that can afford to partake, rather than a flat subscription to every individual.

Cheers, Goodbrew.

-Straag-
Nah. They owe us a better game.
If blizzard had your attitude this game would have no players. They treat the game like its a free2play game yet we all had to buy it. If they are going to treat their players like little cashcow pawns expect the players to treat them like snobbish overlords.
12/05/2012 09:18 AMPosted by padako
the fact is, requests will hold much more weight if they are presented in a respectful and polite manner.

Couldn't agree with you more. So many people are entitled and come across harshly. There are very few constructive, well-worded posts that attempt to help the developers progress the game.

Cheers, padako.

-Straag-
12/05/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Straag
My only point is that when you buy a game, you're not owed anything more than that.

Tell that to the developers behind mass effect.
12/05/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Straag
"Well, how are they able to keep putting through updates?

Say this against free games that do get updates and i'm surprised blizzard is still in business

In today's industry indie's that provide updates to their game over blizzard would be a fking slap to your silly face and a good reality check to your mentality if you think they owe us nothing.
12/05/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Waluli
Why not make the best items in the game very rare like they are now but make items with let's say 80% of their power with decent chance of dropping. By decent I mean a chance that will allow me playing 10 hours a week to get them in 2 years or so.

I agree with this. With no use of the AH whatsoever, players should be able to find relevant, good items more often. I had suggested a Survival mode of some sort, where players would give up AH/RMAH uses for increased drop %s. Would be an "online" offline mode... so to speak. There's been a lot of community suggestions regarding this, and I'm sure it's on their radar. Good call.

Cheers, Waluli.

-Straag-
the fact is, requests will hold much more weight if they are presented in a respectful and polite manner.

Couldn't agree with you more. So many people are entitled and come across harshly. There are very few constructive, well-worded posts that attempt to help the developers progress the game.

Cheers, padako.

-Straag-

Want to know WHY they're very harsh? One they let down a famous series to many or most that were highly expectant of something greater than it's predecessor but missed it by a mile to only regress into old outdated systems. The other is PVP is advertised on the box and it ain't fking there son. That's false advertisement at best.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 12/5/2012 9:36 AM PST
@KradisZ: Thanks for the free bumps... son.

Cheers.

-Straag-
@KradisZ: Thanks for the free bumps... son.

Cheers.

-Straag-

NP glad you have nothing to say so it must be true. They're not indebted because they think we're idiots that'll keep feeding them cash. Yeah NP. So sorry you're aligned with that methodology of greed.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 12/5/2012 9:40 AM PST
12/05/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Straag

Cheers, padako.

-Straag-

And ignoring what people hate about a game simply because someone doesnt put it into "Formal Polite Standard Format" is just an excuse to ignore whats wrong.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]