Diablo® III

Sorry, but Blizzard is not Indebted to You

(Locked)

12/05/2012 09:36 AMPosted by KradisZ
Want to know WHY they're very harsh? One they let down a famous series to many or most that were highly expectant of something greater than it's predecessor but missed it by a mile to only regress into old outdated systems.

that's fine but the point is that harshness and name calling isn't going to motivate the devs at blizz to do anything at this point. if we act in a polite and respectful manner to the devs and to one and other than our requests will go a lot farther.
Want to know WHY they're very harsh? One they let down a famous series to many or most that were highly expectant of something greater than it's predecessor but missed it by a mile to only regress into old outdated systems.

that's fine but the point is that harshness and name calling isn't going to motivate the devs at blizz to do anything at this point. if we act in a polite and respectful manner to the devs and to one and other than our requests will go a lot farther.

Sorry tried that for 3 months; found out they didn't care.

"Tried the politeness life didn't care for it, too much ignore."

FYI maybe you should look for a 53 page FEEDBACK& CRITIQUE SUGGESTION it's a massive thread collected by 1 guy who asked for polite responses and it is indeed 53 pages of non-trolling suggestive feedback all collected into one and has been re-made 3x and none of which happened to even be cared upon and same issues are still existing sincie day1 very laughable at asking for politeness at this point and all those involved have left the game already. I'm just a leftover.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 12/5/2012 9:50 AM PST
12/05/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Dirtpoor
And ignoring what people hate about a game simply because someone doesnt put it into "Formal Polite Standard Format" is just an excuse to ignore whats wrong.

maybe it is an excuse but the point is that ignoring us is an option for them and when we act rude towards them as a company it will encourage them to exercise that option more liberally.
If you think companies don't owe their customers anything you are dead wrong. We give them the funding they need to live their lives, to pay for their next games, etc. They lose us, they go under. Think before you speak next time.

Think before I speak, eh? Again, it's amazing to me the dribble that comes from the fingers of those in this community. Shall I reply in kind with some sort of harsh toned self-indulgent dribble?

Blizzard does not owe you anything. Would it hurt them to not respond to the community's backlash? Of course. Would they suffer losses if they didn't? Maybe. Will many of the same people that complain about Diablo III not meeting their criteria still buy future Blizzard games? Probably.

The forums run rampant with self-entitled people who believe that just because you buy a game, and it doesn't measure up to your specific idea of what it should be, you're owed something. It reminds me of all the people that are pouting and throwing temper tantrums on the GameFly advertisements.

Cheers, TwoCoins.

-Straag-

Sorry tried that for 3 months; found out they didn't care.

"Tried the politeness life didn't care for it, too much ignore."

ok well, i've been on these forums since the beginning and I have seen very few suggestion threads on here that I would consider to be polite and respectful. not calling you out as an individual but we have definitely failed as a community in this regard.
12/05/2012 09:51 AMPosted by padako
ok well, i've been on these forums since the beginning and I have seen very few suggestion threads on here that I would consider to be polite and respectful.

So very true, padako. Sadly the popular topics are almost always filled with some sort of hate thread. Thanks for attempting to keep politeness and respect at the forefront. It is rare, for sure.

Cheers.

-Straag-
85 Orc Warlock
You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it. You are not owed your money back. You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

Yet Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel are all still working to make this game more fun, with more content, and more awesome loot. They've already made many good changes to the game, and more continues to come - all for the original price.

"Well, how are they able to keep putting through updates?" Because of the RMAH. You may hate it. That's okay. Don't use it. But many people do. Some people have more time than money, others have more money than time. It bridges the gap between the hardcore player and the family / career person. And it doesn't matter if you like it or not since it's here to stay.

With all that said, I'd like to thank Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel for making a wonderfully addictive game. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to all the changes in the future.

Cheers.

-Straag-

This is the worst generation of Americans in the history of North America. Entitled beyond reason, rude, unrealistic expectations from people, game companies, you name it. This is why nothing surprises me anymore when reading these forums. People played this game for 100+hrs right out of the box and submitted refund requests(lol) 1 month into the games life.
Edited by Bolo#1141 on 12/5/2012 9:56 AM PST
@OP:

No, you are wrong. We are owed everything that Blizzard promised with the release of the game.

Continuing updates. PvP. A -working- game that is bug and glitch free.

So yes, we are owed things by Blizzard.
View profile
You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it. You are not owed your money back. You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

Yet Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel are all still working to make this game more fun, with more content, and more awesome loot. They've already made many good changes to the game, and more continues to come - all for the original price.

"Well, how are they able to keep putting through updates?" Because of the RMAH. You may hate it. That's okay. Don't use it. But many people do. Some people have more time than money, others have more money than time. It bridges the gap between the hardcore player and the family / career person. And it doesn't matter if you like it or not since it's here to stay.

With all that said, I'd like to thank Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel for making a wonderfully addictive game. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to all the changes in the future.

Cheers.

-Straag-

Yes, yes, and yes!

You tell em OP!
This is the worst generation of Americans in the history of North America. Entitled beyond reason, rude, unrealistic expectations from people, game companies, you name it. This is why nothing surprises me anymore when reading these forums. People played this game for 100+hrs right out of the box and submitted refund requests(lol) 1 month into the games life.

Yeah, for the most part I leave it at that. There are many replies to my posts that go disregarded based specifically on the tone or language of the post. Many games give so much less for the same price, yet so many in this community seem so entitled to more, it just came to a point I wanted to create a thread to express it. Thanks for your post.

Cheers, Splib.

-Straag-
View profile

Cheers.

-Straag-

Oh, so we shouldn't complain about features we don't like so the dev's don't know what to change. Because most of the changes you're praising them for are due to the massive amount of rage on the forums..

YOU FAIL
Paying for a complete product often means you should be given a complete product. I know people are crazy for demanding such a thing!

Perhaps the OP may feel comfortable buying a car and figuring out it didn't have tires. Even if the tires are given a year after, it's still not appropriate for an assembly company to sell their cars without tires, is it? Heck, any company should have a quality inspection department. How the heck does it ever occur to anyone that delivering an incomplete product is acceptable?

Brown nosing won't change this fact. Blizzard still owes it's customers part of the game, namely pvp, among other things. What actually astounds me is how conformist people have become, to even accept that they are being given an incomplete product and somehow they feel it's not the company's responsibility to make up for their monumental mistake.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 12/5/2012 10:07 AM PST
View profile
Oh, so we shouldn't complain about features we don't like so the dev's don't know what to change. Because most of the changes you're praising them for are due to the massive amount of rage on the forums..

YOU FAIL

OP is all kinds of of win, nice try?

"This is not a democracy" OK?
View profile
Yes, yes, and yes!

You tell em OP!
12/05/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
Brown nosing won't change this fact.

Again with the insults. So many people rushed out to buy this game, they never waited for reviews - so yes, you get what you pay for. If I was ignorant enough to buy a car without tires, I'd have no one to blame but myself for my misfortune.

Cheers, Blashyrkh.

-Straag-
@MagusHenosis: Thank you for your support.

Cheers.

-Straag-
12/05/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Straag

Again with the insults. So many people rushed out to buy this game, they never waited for reviews - so yes, you get what you pay for. If I was ignorant enough to buy a car without tires, I'd have no one to blame but myself for my misfortune.

Cheers, Blashyrkh.

-Straag-

Many people pre paid for this game going by the word of Blizzard and their advertising. Your logic is flawed

Cheers,

-Otis-
12/05/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Straag
You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it.

good advice.

Dont be surprised though if youre the only one left at some point then =)

Blizzard does not owe you anything. Would it hurt them to not respond to the community's backlash? Of course. Would they suffer losses if they didn't? Maybe. Will many of the same people that complain about Diablo III not meeting their criteria still buy future Blizzard games? Probably.

next time you run in to some really stupid bug, go to the mirror in your bathroom and repeate those words please.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 12/5/2012 10:19 AM PST

Cheers, Blashyrkh.

-Straag-

Meh, such a company who sells stuff will be fined if not closed by quality control officers. Just because one person is okay with getting a defective product does not mean everyone is or should meet the same fate as that person. :3 (talking about the car w/o wheels).
Edited by Sovereign#6706 on 12/5/2012 10:17 AM PST
@MagusHenosis: Thank you for your support.

Cheers.

-Straag-

Having that dude's support helps to validate your thread. Yeah.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]