Diablo® III

Sorry, but Blizzard is not Indebted to You

(Locked)

Sorry tried that for 3 months; found out they didn't care.

"Tried the politeness life didn't care for it, too much ignore."

ok well, i've been on these forums since the beginning and I have seen very few suggestion threads on here that I would consider to be polite and respectful. not calling you out as an individual but we have definitely failed as a community in this regard.

I have seen many serious suggestion and critique threads get deleted for nothing. (my own and other peoples) So really in the end NONE of all this matters. Blizzard will do whatever it does and making little relay stations of hate throughout the gaming interwebs until it gets to a point of deluge/breakthrough. When Vivindi pull out from you, you know the ship is sinking and you better start pailing that water or jump.

So Blizzard has 3 choices.

A) Stop the car salesman crap and increase player love, see increased revenue + player base over time

B) Full profit/ screw the customer- Go out in a blaze of glory. CEOs and higher ups get fat paid while sacrificing all players and underling workers.

C) Play the line- Mix of A and B, slowly lose players over time as they slowly piss off customers off here and there.

There has been an increase in player love with MF/GF changes, PL and MP. But it still isnt near enough. They need to be 85% player love 15% profit. I doubt they have enough balls to go 95% player love 5% profit. In the end the gamers society alone would promote and increase the worth of the game because simply because the gaming society is interested in it. When "trend words" become viral it advertises itself because its worthy of that. When player grief becomes viral.... Well you just shot yourself in the foot.
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 12/5/2012 10:19 AM PST
Brown nosing won't change this fact.

Again with the insults. So many people rushed out to buy this game, they never waited for reviews - so yes, you get what you pay for. If I was ignorant enough to buy a car without tires, I'd have no one to blame but myself for my misfortune.

Cheers, Blashyrkh.

-Straag-

Of course, you only focus on the insults, while dismissing entirely the valid points to counter your unfunded argument. How exactly do you expect people to not insult you when you adopt such a stance?

Reviews will never beat first hand experience, and many of them are either awfully biased or paid by companies to push their product on launch anyways. In the end, taste isn't something you develop through empty reviews by people who may, or most likely may not share yours.

A lot of the fanbase deposited so much trust on blizzard while buying this game because they built a solid amount of respect with Diablo 2, and many of us came out rather disappointed with the sub-par product we were sold as a finished game, yet here you are, pretending like delivering a broken and incomplete game is an acceptable thing to do from a huge game developer? And what's worse, that people have no right to express how unsatisfying this broken thing is? You simply have no way to defend the negligence Blizzard has showed with this game.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 12/5/2012 10:24 AM PST
12/05/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Straag
This is the worst generation of Americans in the history of North America. Entitled beyond reason, rude, unrealistic expectations from people, game companies, you name it. This is why nothing surprises me anymore when reading these forums. People played this game for 100+hrs right out of the box and submitted refund requests(lol) 1 month into the games life.

Yeah, for the most part I leave it at that. There are many replies to my posts that go disregarded based specifically on the tone or language of the post. Many games give so much less for the same price, yet so many in this community seem so entitled to more, it just came to a point I wanted to create a thread to express it. Thanks for your post.

Cheers, Splib.

-Straag-

Blizzard grinded this game down by treating it like a f2p game when we all had to pay for it. If we gotta pay for the CD AND our daily dues in 15% gold tax + RMAH fees they can at least pat us on the back and give us a lolly every once in a while. Spurning the customer while constantly making money off them isnt smart. They should have lowered the gold tax to 2% this patch seeing as they gave us jack !@#$ for a patch.

I bet Jay + higher ups are getting FAT kickbacks every time they delay and stretch out the pace of the game. As the player and the lower workers grind on.
12/05/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Straag
Brown nosing won't change this fact.

Again with the insults. So many people rushed out to buy this game, they never waited for reviews - so yes, you get what you pay for. If I was ignorant enough to buy a car without tires, I'd have no one to blame but myself for my misfortune.

Cheers, Blashyrkh.

-Straag-

(paraphrasing what you agree with)
"You guys are winey little brats. Little stuck up kids."

"HEY!! YOU'RE MAKING FUN OF ME!"
Blizzard was able to patch starcraft and diablo 2 continuously without an rmah. They were able to patch it despite the fact that it was ridiculously easy to copy either game and just play it on lan or single player, thus not needing a unique cd key.

I'm pretty sure the primary function of the rmah is not to give blizzard the funding that they need to patch the game, but as an additional source of revenue.

As near as I can tell, and anybody who knows the specifics may feel free to correct me, we didn't buy the game.

What we actually bought was a license to play the game, but that license can terminated by blizzard at any point for any reason. Pretty sure the EULA states that as such.

Meaning what we bought could theoretically be nothing. You could have bought diablo3 from best buy, register the cd key, sign the EULA and blizzard could immediately ban/terminate your account. And if you believe in the legality of the EULA there is nothing you can do.

I like to think of it as a donation to blizzard and the game license as nothing more than a totebag or mousepad they sent you as a form of gratitude but not actually representing a purchase of any sort. So yeah... I kind of feel like I'm owed something by blizzard.
In the OP's world, an insurance company could sell you an insurance policy that covers all damage to you vehicle, but when you make a claim because someone rear ended you, they can just tell you to screw yourself.
You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it. You are not owed your money back. You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

Yet Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel are all still working to make this game more fun, with more content, and more awesome loot. They've already made many good changes to the game, and more continues to come - all for the original price.

"Well, how are they able to keep putting through updates?" Because of the RMAH. You may hate it. That's okay. Don't use it. But many people do. Some people have more time than money, others have more money than time. It bridges the gap between the hardcore player and the family / career person. And it doesn't matter if you like it or not since it's here to stay.

With all that said, I'd like to thank Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel for making a wonderfully addictive game. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to all the changes in the future.

Cheers.

-Straag-

I made a post like this a few weeks after the game released and i stick by it.

You lose the ability to complain about the game when you have 200+ hours played in the first week.

I personally would be overjoyed if i could get 200 hours + out of every game i played. I mean, if you truly did not enjoy the game, why the hell did you play for 200+ hours?
You bought a game. You've played the game. If you don't like it, you uninstall it and/or don't play it. You are not owed your money back. You are not owed any updates. You are not owed anything.

Yet Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel are all still working to make this game more fun, with more content, and more awesome loot. They've already made many good changes to the game, and more continues to come - all for the original price.

"Well, how are they able to keep putting through updates?" Because of the RMAH. You may hate it. That's okay. Don't use it. But many people do. Some people have more time than money, others have more money than time. It bridges the gap between the hardcore player and the family / career person. And it doesn't matter if you like it or not since it's here to stay.

With all that said, I'd like to thank Diablo III's Development Team, Community Managers, and other personnel for making a wonderfully addictive game. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to all the changes in the future.

Cheers.

-Straag-

You lose the ability to complain about the game when you have 200+ hours played in the first week.

I personally would be overjoyed if i could get 200 hours + out of every game i played. I mean, if you truly did not enjoy the game, why the hell did you play for 200+ hours?

It is called, I give you a chance to prove that what I think of this is wrong. K, I give you another chance because I enjoyed your previous games. Hmmm... looks like,meh. Ain't going to change eh? Looks like I wasted time.

That's what it is.
Blizzard sells you a rocket to go to the moon.

They release it early and say "Get it now to familiarize yourself with all the functions, operations, in and outs of it all! We will add the 'going to the moon' function later. We know some of you just wanna play around inside the rocket."

6 months to a year later:

"Sorry still working on that functionality! But we added in some upgraded gauges, bells and whistles."

"You will be able to go to the moon soon."

Does this sound shafty to anyone else when put into a metaphor like this?
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 12/5/2012 10:51 AM PST

They release it early and say "Get it now to familiarize yourself with all the functions, operations, in and outs of it all! We will add the 'going to the moon' function later. We know some of you just wanna play around inside the rocket."

"Sorry still working on that functionality! But we added in some upgraded gauges, bells and whistles."

If there's one thing these forums are good for, it's reading hilariously bad analogies.
the analogy works because he's referring to pvp

or at least thats what I think he's referring to

If there's one thing these forums are good for, it's reading hilariously bad analogies.

Not really... They sold us a rocket without boosters, fuel, and impulse jets. Still waiting on the "to the moon" functionality.

the analogy works because he's referring to pvp

or at least thats what I think he's referring to

of course :)
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 12/5/2012 10:59 AM PST
well they are!!! because they put RMAH think about it
Its like people waving their constitution forms, nope, you're not free.

Wrong.

DID YOU KNOW the game starts at Inferno? Not Normal? You tell anyone they start at normal and then you'll be like "pfft you know nothing" then when you play 200+ hours you're like "pfft you fking played it for xxx hours idiot". good logic; NOT.

Played it for 200+ hours trying to SEE IF THERE WAS ANYTHING WORTH PLAYING at where the GAME STARTS i.e. INFERNO and beyond.

*facepalm* conclusion: NO.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 12/5/2012 11:02 AM PST

Exactly, Nemesis. And it still is an enjoyable game to many of us. I'm sure Blizzard will make more and more enjoyable features as time passes.

Cheers.

-Straag-
Legally are they indebted to us? No. Morally are they indebted to us? Yes.
they started this RMAH thing with diablo 3, because they think its alot safer that way.. oh and yes we take a dollar off the transaction and 15% goes to paypal again paypal says thank you very much!

ITS because they make transaction so easy, that peoplpe are likely to fall for them!!!

And yes the GAME starts at INFERNO and grind for godly gears thats the end game! Because honest the 3 previous difficulty ARE NOTHJING, why make an INFERNO difficulty with no added content??!?!? just so you know you finished it.

normal difficulty if you want to just finish the game thats it. but hey no everyones playing inferno so you gotta be in inferno... sigh
Whats this?

Another thread filled with people posting against their own best interests while defending an enormous multimillion dollar conglomerate?

lol, carry on.
12/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by FSM
Legally are they indebted to us? No. Morally are they indebted to us? Yes.

They are in no way indebted to us. In what way was their release immoral? Just because people had different ideas of what it should be, doesn't make what it was [or is] anything immoral.

Cheers, FSM.

-Straag-
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]