Diablo® III

Night stalker rocks

I'm now using Night stalker with cinder arrows, cause they proc a lot, and night stalker is really helping. I rarely use preparation now, as in the 5 sec of Gloom, I can almost refill the discipline used. I was surprised to see how well it works, but you do have to use a high proc skill.

And I have above 50 crit chance I think.

Edit: Is it just my crit chance, or do I really need a skill that procs a lot?
Edited by bearr#2157 on 12/5/2012 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I believe its just crit chance :) Unless someone has tested this before. I seem to regen enough with whatever skill i use.
Reply Quote
oh interesting... well it works great with high crit chance

Nice DH by the way
Edited by bearr#2157 on 12/5/2012 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
nightstalker would favor Rapid fire and strafe greatly if proc coef are not used, I doubt coef's are ignored
Reply Quote
Try Night Stalker with BL.. you will love it even more
Reply Quote
With bola and spike traps I can refill my disc for gloom at a pretty fast rate. Which is why I am probably not going to get and max disc gear as I lose dps/ehp if I do.
Reply Quote
It depends on both your crit chance and proc coeff.

I can permanent Gloom with 73.5 crit and 2.xx APS with Cinder Arrow, other skills won't cut it since Cinder has a proc coeff of 100%.

But Cinder sucks against AOE so I really only use it against ubers, which is the only case I need night stalker anyways.
Reply Quote
Just tried, even Bola - Thunder Ball doesn't keep me permanent Gloom with the same exact gear with night stalker.

Proc coeff of Cinder is key.
Reply Quote
try cinder / shock collar with chemical burn? should be fun.....lol
Reply Quote
Last I checked ball lightning had the highest night stalker proc rate, not sure anymore. Night stalker is fairly helpful with high crit chance but ultimately I prefer using multi arrow - suppression fire as my disc replenisher. I never run out of disc with my build. Sometimes I don't have to use multi arrow between 50 disc and preparation, but when/if I do a single shot into a group of enemies and my disc jumps a good 15-20% because each enemy hit is +1 disc and I'd rager make better use out of a passive.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 11:30 PMPosted by OpiumMuffin
Last I checked ball lightning had the highest night stalker proc rate

If you are fighting a hoard of mob. BL cant be match. for single target, DOT skill (that crit) with high proc rate would be a better option. ^^
Reply Quote
thanks for your posts guys, that helps a lot
Reply Quote
Cinder Arrow has a 100% proc rate thats why :)
Reply Quote
Ball of lightning is 25% per hit

Cinder is 130% per hit.

Spike traps is 25% per hit for all runes I think.

Entangling shot. Shock collar is 160% per target and hits 2 targets.

Spray of teeth is 45% per target (includes AOE)

Devouring is 65%.

And yesh Night stalker is based of CC and proc rate of skills. I dont use prep at all. I have 47 disp though I think.

Well I should say i use prep if im gonna use vault for speed runs otherwise I only run gloom so no prep needed just NS.
Reply Quote
I will switch out SOT for cinder arrows and see how it goes :) I will let u guys know.
Reply Quote
I'm actually using prep to restore Hatred right now.... pretty much Perma-strafe.... could use about 6 or more +disc though.

Night stalker is the shiz that's for sure.
Reply Quote
Get more attack speed and it gets even better :)
Reply Quote
I disagree you need high proc coefficients.

What you need is high crit chance and high dps uptime.

In other words if you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off and only firing on occasion you won't get good disc regen. That is what I found the real difference to be between using legacy nats and nighsttalker. With nightstallker you need to have a more "tanky" build and stand your ground when you can do so and trust gloom to keep refilling your life. If you aren't firing and critting constantly you won't fill up your disc.

I use spike traps echoing and bola thunderball and quite honestly I have BETTER than 100% uptime on gloom because I stand my ground with gloom active and guardian sentry up. In fact I started using caltrops bait the trap because I have extra disc and it gets my crit up to 75% (with scoundrel).
Edited by Merlin#1312 on 12/6/2012 10:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
I disagree you need high proc coefficients.

What you need is high crit chance and high dps uptime.

In other words if you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off and only firing on occasion you won't get good disc regen. That is what I found the real difference to be between using legacy nats and nighsttalker. With nightstallker you need to have a more "tanky" build and stand your ground when you can do so and trust gloom to keep refilling your life. If you aren't firing and critting constantly you won't fill up your disc.

I use spike traps echoing and bola thunderball and quite honestly I have BETTER than 100% uptime on gloom because I stand my ground with gloom active and guardian sentry up. In fact I started using caltrops bait the trap because I have extra disc and it gets my crit up to 75% (with scoundrel).

Yeah you are right. One of the reasons why ball lightning is so essential for me. Procs nightstalker like crazy and i can keep firing and popping gloom.

Anyway, tested with cinder arrow. I didnt notice any difference. I think its like what Merlin said. Nothing to do with proc coefficients just crit chance. On a side note, when i switched to cinder arrows, then i realized how OP sot is with high crit chance lmao
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]