Diablo® III

[Request] Combined Community Monk Patch Note

Wow! So many nerfs in this list!

There were so many monks asking to buff our class because they felt like monks are weak. I think that if they actually read the whole thing, they'll feel like we're just weakening the monk!

Just taking my own monk, if we applied your list, I'd have:

- Nerf to Thunderclap's shockwave
- Nerf to Lashing Tail Kick: Sweeping Armada's distance
- Nerf to overawe
- Nerf to combination strike

So that list is not good for me. Maybe my build is unique and I'm the only one penalized by it, but I'm guessing other posters will also object to it.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/06/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Nocturnal
First things first, nerfs where nerfs are called for

Yes, a PVE game needs more nerfs.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 02:07 PMPosted by LegitBeastin
First things first, nerfs where nerfs are called for

Yes, a PVE game needs more nerfs.

Actually worse so a number of the changes are even worse on the PvP aspect in the future, when examining what this does in balancing the class in comparison to others.
Reply Quote
Do you not already realize that thunderclap has too much of everything?

First off, the very baseline teleport ability that makes this potentially overpowered.

Second, it has the best single target damage and very very high multitarget (up to as many targets are you can reliably hit)

Third, it scales extremely well with proc cofficient related functionality such as LoH, Freeze and critical hit effects such as cyclone spawns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The balance we have come to know from blizzard, at least in my humble opinion, has always been that if you must be best at one thing, you cannot be best at the other.

Here we have an ability that is best or next to best in so many fields that it seems out of place while downplaying the importance of other skills.

What is your argument except fear of change?
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 12/6/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thunderclap has too much of everything.

First things first, nerfs where nerfs are called for. Thunderclap is out of line, it must be slapped. I fell in love the first time i saw it, before it knew its mathematical power, yet you see me saying this now. I have all intentions to make a build using this after it's nerfed, but it has too much of everything, it must be nerfed. Stop resisting improvement to your monk class, do you really want to be so singular purpose??

And which part you dont understand? The buff the other skills part to be on par with FOT? Make sense?
Reply Quote
The part that was before the second qoute is the logical progression of that.

I cannot convince you, let it rest in this thread that you do not agree and it will be noted when it is reviewed. Nothing further comes from this because we see things in different ways.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Nocturnal
The part that was before the second qoute is the logical progression of that.

Any form of nerfing is not a progression... Buffing is a progression... I thought its simple logic...
Reply Quote
If you are afraid to give up the power you hold, you will never find your true worth.

If the monks are too scared of losing the power they have, they will never be balanced properly.

It may seem elusive what i say, but there could be nothing more direct even if it makes little sense to most readers. I won't spam this thread so this is my last post for now, i will return when i have time to write my own thoughts on monk balance.
Reply Quote
View profile
OWE is the most common munk passive and it's cookie cutter. It must be OP! Let's nerf it! (See STI nerf) Not nerfing OWE while nerfing all other cookie cutter skills leads me to believe OP has invested in dual resist gear and does not want himself to be nerfed =3

Remember, the nerf train has no breaks.
Edited by LegitBeastin#1971 on 12/6/2012 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ignore nocturnal anything that festers forth from him is just a strawman argument or innane statement. Fact of the matter is this was labeled as:

[Request] Combined Community Monk Patch Note

The community should weigh in on this and absolutely voice its opposition or support if this is to be considered by any blue as the words of the community. To do otherwise would be a detriment, both for and against.
Edited by Enot#1820 on 12/6/2012 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
A couple things i disagree with or would like to see changed.

Your nerfing of the cookie cutter skills hurts - it is turning an expensive class to astronomically expensive - unless you're already built for high dps and fully geared out. mp10 will become out of reach for many unless u want to hold down your left mouse button for 30 minutes on a single elite

do not nerf FoT TC - if u really want a nerf to dmg, introduce TC's teleport ability to be able to teleport through walls, out of jailer, and increased teleport distance by 50% give us something back.

breath of heaven - 9k base heal, still not that helpful. if we're going to nerf the damage of blazing wrath - give me 2% of dmg dealt as life for duration of effect (30seconds).

sweeping wind cyclone - if we're going to nerf dmg, bring back proc chance for LOH, each time sweeping wind crits - we gain 3 spirit

blinding flash - faith in the light, if we're going to nerf dmg, give chance to extend the time being under the effect of blinding flash with a crit hit to a maximum of 5 seconds total

leave MoC - overawe - if you nerf the dmg to 32%
then give as a base skill on MoC unruned on crit - 1% crit chance 3% ias 10% crit hit dmg (stacks 3x for a total of 3%, 9% and 30%)

guardian's path - crazy idea for dual wielding, 20% chance to block for the sum of your two weapon's paper dps (ie weapon 1's listed dps is 1050 dps, weapon 2 is 800. 20% chance to block 1850) . on block - a lashing tail kick is evoked to knock back opponents.

transcendence - add to your increase in lpss, for 3 seconds after activation damage taken is reduced by 10% and the ability to fight through pain (ie all cc effects are nullified)

at least some of my crazy ideas

i wholeheartedly agree with STI dex to armor of 75%
Edited by nWc#1366 on 12/6/2012 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just find its ludicrous anyone thinks FOT+TC is op and people asking for a nerf on this skill... This is at a borderline of trolling... lol
Edited by maximus#1400 on 12/6/2012 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
@fitz,
we are beyond on par with other classes,
see Exploding Palm.

@LegitBeastin
say that to the millions of monks who are sworn to One With Everything.
the Faithful have stood by Dual Resist since the beginning of Launch.
I know many have regeared to non-Owe, doesn't mean you can expect others to use the fund to do so, not to mention giving up The Beloved' out of a fear of the future.

@others,
read the OP again, fellas, and read between the lines, perhaps you will imagine how those changes would play out, and what's the true reason for those balances.
Also, it is impossible to ask for honest buffs, without asking for honest nerfs.
If we bring everything else on par with the Cookie Cutter, it would simply be overpower.
The solution is to dethrone the Cookie Cutter, while giving power to the others,
so that they can meet halfway in the realm of synergy.

They want true class balance, the devs don't care about how your perform, or what the cookie cutter is. They have a statistics sheet that they go by, and the cookie cutter show very high player usage, it will be adjusted inevitably.
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/6/2012 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

They want true class balance, the devs don't care about how your perform, or what the cookie cutter is. They have a statistics sheet that they go by, and the cookie cutter show very high player usage, it will be adjusted inevitably.

and.... battle rage - into the fray, Wrath of the berserker - thrive on chaos for barb's is not???

never ask for less, or u will get less
ask for more and get a portion of it
this is how negotiation is done
Edited by nWc#1366 on 12/6/2012 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow, tough thread OP.

Nerfing FoT-TC, among with other "cookie-cutter" skills, is probably not the way to go. The "cookie-cutter" build most of us enjoy is helpful for quite a lot of monks. Your suggestions if they are taken seriously by Blizzard will do little, if anything, for my build/gear, but my gear is not representative of the majority of monks. Not sure your build revisions will be beneficial for them, most likely it will be detrimental for them. I understand your intent, although the application may be a bit harsh.

We seem to get nerfed quite a bit with every patch and additional nerfs seem particularly punishing for those who choose to play a monk. Personally, we have been nerfed enough. The buffs you propose would be helpful, just not nerfs. Leave the nerfs for Blizzard to figure out, they need little assistance from us on nerfs, they do great on their own in that department.
Reply Quote
This thread's troll level is getting pretty redic!

<popcorn>
Reply Quote
I read the forums daily, since Beta—specifically the Monk forum in its entirety—but I never post because honestly it's more fun reading.

Firstly, as Druin stated, the majority of your changes are terrible. You're posting suggestions based on nothing but your own concepts. Clearly, concepts that you didn't flush out, synergize or work on mathematically. No Monk worth their salt would agree with the majority of the nerfs you have listed. (Let's not even start on the super obvious issues you've left out completely!)

Secondly, and more importantly, to sell this post to Blizzard—specifically, Vaeflare—as if you really did research and you're speaking for the entire Monk community is just ridiculous.

I have close to a thousand hours in the Monk (including Beta) and cultivate friendships with many of the "dialed in" Monks who are better than me. I asked them about your supposed "survey" and strangely, none of them were included.

So, of the 300 surveyed, surely you kept a source list of BattleTags and dates, like a proper researcher would, right? Or is this one of those other kind of surveys? You know, the kind where you talk to two or three random friends and then just fill in the blanks with your own weird desires?

Really bad post.
Reply Quote
This thread's troll level is getting pretty redic!

<popcorn>

troll OP calls forth trolls posters.

*sips lemonade*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]