Diablo® III

[Request] Combined Community Monk Patch Note

To the negative ones, why dont you share why this isnt your opinion? on what it diverges exactly ? what do you suggest to fix this? Is this truly your best attempt to help? I get that you disagree, but everyone that does this just generalize blatantly, thats why I proposed a simple structure to discuss with order and on the best attempt to agree on something.

They just use the cookie-cut spec thats all, they have no real understanding of the jedi order's true methods. Monks have many paths to follow!

On with the thread.
I like the idea of piller stacking / using them in succession could be pretty fun - WOL is awesome!

first strike now generates 1 chain lightning, 2nd strike 2 chain lightnings, 3rd strike has 4.
All chain lightnings deal 77% damage.
Good suggestion, but I fear this will be a bit to good. Maybe in fact 7,7,1 with first 2 strikes 7 chainlightnings with 7% wep damage and last CL (or last 2) 77% ofc.

Or do you mean CL by chaining? first strike no chain, second strike 2 chains and last 4 chains, could be an option too.

2. What I didn't like
Rhaal trying/pretending to speak on the monk community's behalf when in no way did the majority of the community have any input on this

3. What I would add
A disclaimer that this is purely based on Rhaal's and the following players' opinion and does not represent majority of the monk community

Speak on behalf of the suggestions. Rhaal and who he claims to be is NOT important for the way of the Monk.
Edited by Green#2292 on 12/6/2012 9:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
ahh, I see an EU disciple among us!
powerful you must be, the darkside I sense in you... ;D
if you haven't added Master Nocturnal, you should do so.
This is just the beginning of our conquest, the future is bright for the spiritual warriors yet. ;)
Reply Quote
Cheers from EU, I think this sounds good. Would love to have more viable options rather than being stuck in one or two builds and I think this would really improve the situation.
Reply Quote
thank you Metal,
the EU elders and I went through these research to develop this compilation,
with the hope that they will be seen and acknowledged by developers
and further our pursuit of build variety.
Reply Quote
View profile
And also I like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich once in a while! Mmmmm mmmmmm.

You guys have been had. If you follow Raahl's threads you know this is the next incarnation of cookiness. It's quite entertaining and I enjoy it.

You do realize that Blizzard will do whatever they want to do!? 1 post from an individual's opinion is not going to have the game developers scramble around in their office in panic to change the game because a user by the name "LordRaahl" said so. If that would work then lets try this:

"Hello, I'm typing this on the side of the room that is dark. My monk spirit is weak in the dark. Though deep channeling I have communicated with many other dedicated jedi monks and compiled a list of changes that we all agree will balance the monk and bring us to the light:
____Remove Mantra of Retribution and replace with Mantra of Overawe"

See, anyone can do it. We are just sheep. Blizzard has said time and time again that they want us to play the game according to how they feel it should be played. Don't call me out on this, google it. Blizzard has maid their philosophy pretty clear. The game is an endless gear check. Now that folks are conquering MP10 it's fine time tweak the game. Blizzard has also stated the desire for build diversity. We play on THEIR servers people!!!! THEY KNOW exactly what the majority of skills are being used. As Blizzard has made clear they WILL nerf overused and must have skills.

That being said, Raahl I don't agree with your point of view or many of your suggestions, but who cares, your opinion doesn't mean anything. So thanks for sharing and getting some ideas out there. Also, any mention that you speak on the behalf of even the minority of the Monks is an over statement. I would go with a "fraction"...hmm even that may be too big.

Don't forget to edit or OP and remove the following, it's just silly:
12/06/2012 03:51 AMPosted by LordRaahl
holding shift and holding mouse click, now allows you to stand still and attack without teleport.

As far as skills and spirit generators I'm not going to comment on nerfs or buffs. I don't have any philosophical or mathematical interest in the game, simply put I use FoT:TC because of the mobility and proc coefficient. The teleport is two skills in one and I LOVE it. Cyclones are a super fun visual and huge boost/help to DPS. If Blizzard wants me to start using other Primary skills buff the proc coefficient on them! If the FoT starts to proc less cyclones I'll be supper pissed!!!!
Reply Quote
@FuzzyWuzzy

Lets try another format!!

Colt is either :

a) Rhaal's alt account
b) An authentic brown nose
c) Both of the above

As a monk Im dissapointed Fuzzy, I never said or spoke to you like that to deserve that post, Im just triying to give my 2 cents to help monk ideas to be heard, wheter its 1 or 100 depends on us.

You arent helping much with that attitude. I really wanted to be constructive, thats all.

About myself, im a feedback lover, and if I have an opinion I say it on the best intentions possible.
Theres nothing else to it.

To the negative ones, why dont you share why this isnt your opinion? on what it diverges exactly ? what do you suggest to fix this? Is this truly your best attempt to help? I get that you disagree, but everyone that does this just generalize blatantly, thats why I proposed a simple structure to discuss things with order and on the best attempt to agree on something.

If we cant even agree on the simple things that we need, I guess we just dont deserve any buff at all. Or even worse lets just let Blizzard throw darts on what to do with us next.
Because we are too stupid to form a comunity among ourselves.

tl;dr
Reply Quote
When I read all the changes I smiled at the many new posibilities the changes could bring, very fun ideas and interesting effects ( specially team based buffs) , I could totally see me testing/switching different runes all over like the first time I learned the class.

Also I love the mobility buffs of tempest rush and dashing strike, I feel with those changes we could rival without problems any other class in mobility.

Also all of the nerfs suggested are minimal guys to be honest, its not something drastical like reducing xxx thing to 0, and besides we will gain lots of new and potent choices.

I think you only missed Implosion rune for Cyclone Strike.

I support this !

Well said Colt. My thoughts exactly. Now sush before they figure out what's really going on -_-
Reply Quote
View profile
Raahl,

your first post claims that you have interviewed "over 300 research groups."

given minimum amounts: i.e., 301 groups @ 2 x people per group, you are claiming to have interviewed 602 people.

not only this, but all 602 have agreed on your proposed changes.

give us the names of all 602 (minimum!) people. all of them should then join this thread and sign off as having agreed to your proposed changes.

more likely, i believe, is that your research "group" is one person: you. these are your ideas alone.

you claim to work full time, have enough time to be a master monk, plus have enough time to write books and books worth of drivel on the forums. how do you have time for this, plus interview a bare minimum 602 people????

some of your ideas are great! but you've opened it all with blatant lies.
Edited by MrMojoRisin#6850 on 12/7/2012 4:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

======================================================

- this is the professional visionary patch note and balance request,
posted at the request of Community Manager Vaeflare (thank you)
and shall be reviewed and suggested to developers.

- After interviewing over 300 research groups of monks in US and EU regions,
from all gear and skill levels, throughout the course of 1.0.3 to 1.0.5.
those of whom have achieved 700 hours each, and having played both softcore and hardcore.

we have created a compilation list of skills,
that we would like to be adjusted in order to balance the monk class.

We invite you to notice these analyzed suggestions,
for the increase (buff) as well as diminish (nerf) to the listed monk skills,
Which will ultimately balance this class for both pve and pvp,
as well as align with the true lore of a Monk.

To ascertain that all skills are used equally,
and not one rune is more dominant than any other.
To give each monk balance, synergy, and the pursuit of build variety.

=============================================

Holy-gibberish-batman, LordRaita strikes again!

Is there an ignore user function on this forum?
Reply Quote
Pretty crappy...
Reply Quote
whoa man,
do we have another stalker here or what.
I smell Jelly, and its mojo is rising.

wait.. are you saying I have the mind of 600 men?
why thank you. ;D

- to answer your erm.. questions, working full time also include full time privilege on the.. computer, if you will. Surely that would stop me from logging in and talk in the game chat. :>
- I don't propose change in the research, I listened and took notes.
- after years of meditations, I am different and require very little sleep, my day lasts 20 hours. Surely that's not enough time to do anything. :o
- from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 now, is about 4 months. That looks like 120 days. Still not enough time to do Such intense research!
- black magic bars our way, but the Will of a Raahl is stronger!

- but hey, I'm not the bad guy in this episode, I'm simply humbly doing the bidding for the system, if you will. ;)
Reply Quote
If they fix our 2 main spirit spender nukes (kick and bells) and OWE I'd be very happy.
suggested changes:
kick
remove the knockback from the skill. leave it in the sweeping armada only.

bells
fix explosive light. it is bugged and some times dont hit at all.
remove the knock back from empovered wave rune or make pillar of the ancients easier to use (its seems to have a really small AOE and the second hit takes toooooooo long).

OWE
this one is hard... I'd start by fixing resist at its core. single resists should roll higher than all resist. period.
OWE itself should give resist all from any single resist (something like 40%, after fixing single x all resist disparity).

extra suggestion:

passives
bake sixth sense into guardian's path for equipping a shield. replace sixth sense for a dps passive.

cya!

edit: fixed some labels..
Edited by rigon#1733 on 12/7/2012 5:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Alright, I'm going to give my two cents oh what I feel is the weak points of the Monks and where I feel changes need to happen. Hopefully my 950+ hours (!@#$%^-) playing my Monk will lace my ideas with some level of credibility.

Flat out, brastacks what needs a buffing is our Spirit Regeneration. Monks destroy when they can combine spirit spenders. Nothing annoys me more than seeing "not enough Spirit" flash across my screen.

I think the spirit generators need some beveling out, especially with regards to more equality in proc ratios.

Mobility is another issues but I know Blizz are currentlu
I remember reading a blue post awhile back stating that Blizz were examining the Monk's speed, supposedly their vision for the Monk in the future is something more along the lines of the original class description. I think I remember reading "a blur of fists".

in summery, I would like Blizz to re-examine the way Monks, generate spirit, regenerates spirit and spends spirit. Either by increasing spirit generation (or buffing the skills that do increase it), implementing a spirit regenerations much like every other classes have (non passive skill reliant) or reduce the spirit cost of spirit spenders, do away with the runes that do so and replace with new abilities.

something like that, that's my two cents and where I'd like to see the Monks headed.
Reply Quote

======================================================

- this is the professional visionary patch note and balance request,
posted at the request of Community Manager Vaeflare (thank you)
and shall be reviewed and suggested to developers.

- After interviewing over 300 research groups of monks in US and EU regions,
from all gear and skill levels, throughout the course of 1.0.3 to 1.0.5.
those of whom have achieved 700 hours each, and having played both softcore and hardcore.
=============================================

Well I can safely attest to the fact that I was not one of the ones who was interviewed by the OP, even though he did send me a friend request. I guess it must be because he then realized I don't have 700 logged on my monk =(

I have nothing against the OP, but like other posters here have said: I just want to make it clear that the OP does not speak for me.
Reply Quote
[scattered like ashes in the wind]
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 2/1/2013 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
The biggest problem with this thread is that the suggestions are opinionated and not factually proven.

You really think Blizzard makes balancing changes in games based on mathematics by ignoring this aspect and focusing on how something feels? Its all math. And yes, it IS that simple.

So if you want to make suggestions, you should use math to prove why you are suggesting something and then you should explain it.

That is of course, if you actually want to be taken seriously.
Reply Quote
wb after 100 posts with another fallacy.
Not a single class is balanced atm, Sherlock.
Surely human mathematics can't fail enough.
Reply Quote
View profile
Actually the biggest problem balance wise at this point in the game is that Barbarians don't have to switch between items or skills to change from exp farming to doing keys/ubers.

The problem isn't with Monks, Demon Hunters, Wizards, or Witch Doctors. Its entirely with Barbarians.

Now, theres many ways of solving this problem. My favorite IS buffing the other four classes and leaving the Barbarian class alone. However, you've given just as many nerfing suggestions as buffing ones, so you've hardly chosen this solution.

The other solution is nerfing the Barbarian class. You haven't even mentioned it.

So basically you're not trying to solve the problem at all. Or at least you aren't in this thread.

So then my question becomes:

With the state of the game in mind, why did you even bother making this thread?
--

edit: because atm, you're ideas in this thread aren't helping anyone, they're just creating friction among the Monk community here
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 12/7/2012 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think you might be smart enough to answer your own question, or are you? :)

--------------

btw, it's interesting how ppl stalk me from thread-to-thread,
focusing on meee, instead of whatever happens in the thread, haha.
Surely I don't deserve that much attention, do I.
calm yourselves, I'm not quite celebrity yet.

edit @ your edit :
- Conflict is a natural state of man,
and is the principle of change that lies within the art of war.
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/7/2012 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
i would certainly hate for anything in here to be taken anywhere near as seriously or considered near as much as real proper game developers conducting real proper research.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]