Diablo® III

Please help my monk

for now i have around 80kDPS but the problem is
i die quickly when fight with elite/champion in MP3
Please give me some advice on gears upgrade
or some tips will be appreciate ,thanks
Reply Quote
View profile
What are your resists...? Like 235? XD You also should be using STI instead of GP.

Those are your two biggest problems, although you could use some LS too.
Reply Quote
Your resists are critically low. I'm guessing 200-250? Ideally, they would be around 700. Your armor is also lacking, and you're not using STI. Definitely switch out Guardian's Path for STI.

You might consider changing your mantra to a more defensive one. Maybe MoH: time of need for added resistances.

When gearing for more resistance, don't be afraid to sacrifice some of your damage for the sake of survivability, if need be.
Edited by Bane#1244 on 12/6/2012 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
i'll be online around 4pm eastern time..i can help you if you need it
Reply Quote
If you wanna do mp5+ for higher chance of key, I would recommend you come to scarify a bit of dps for sustaining life in the 1st place.

like the previous one suggests, switching Combination Strike for STI is the first thing since it helps your eHP.

here is your profile details, http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/songofpain-6355/Aeris/28691693
Try targeting your eHP to 500k (400k+ at least for a meless class) between your resist, armor and life. I suggest aimming to 650~700 resist, 4000+ armor and 40k life after all buffed.

Besides, sustain your health is next important thing you should focus for doing higher mp lvl.
The more life re-gain you can do, you more comfortable you play.

Loh/LpSS is more effective than 3% LS for a monk less than 100k dps. I would suggest you go get 1000~1500Loh on your weapon and armor. Since Loh works efficient with attack speed, Loh*attack speed = Life/second you return, a DW monk is easily to achieve a higher attack speed to make Loh effective. Says, 1000+ Loh can give you 2000+ life per second with 2.0 attack speed, and it beats 3% LS with 100k dps (100k * 3% * 0.2 = 600 life per second) which is 3 times lesser than Loh my example can do. No mention Loh is cheaper than LS on a weapon.

LpSS is another cheap and effective way for a lower dps monk. I'm doing with 160 LpSS with a passive Transcendence, which gives me 11200 life return each 'Bell' cast, and I can cast it every few primrary hits, since I'm using FoT quickening to get the 75 spirit quick.

With life sustain solution, I can do mp 5. With HoE ( hard target) I can do mp7 the best; however, I also get die when facing an elite with some terrible affixes all together, desecrator, molten and Jailer.

Hope my opinion can help.

p.s. @Songogpain, I see your friend request, thank you for your appreciation, however, I start rarely play D3 unless there are something they are willing to change to get my interests.
Edited by callmeEarly#1980 on 12/10/2012 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 08:58 AMPosted by callmeEarly
Since Loh works efficient with attack speed, Loh*attack speed = Life/second you return, a DW monk is easily to achieve a higher attack speed to make Loh effective. Says, 1000+ Loh can give you 2000+ life per second with 2.0 attack speed, and it beats 3% LS with 100k dps (100k * 3% * 0.2 = 600 life per second) which is 3 times lesser than Loh my example can do

@callmeEarly
Please stop posting this in various threads. It's wrong. You seem to be assuming a basic attack with no skills being used. Given DPS buffing skills, the fact that spirit generators do more than 100% damage, and the fact that most monks are using other skills (some of which do not proc at all or have low proc rate), and especially because almost all builds use Sweeping Winds, 3% LS will out perform any amount of LoH on a single weapon at 100K DPS. It outperforms significantly.

@OP
If you're dying, you need more armor and resistences. Pretty simple.

As for skills, try MoH: Time of need instead of MoE:Backlash, too. Evasion doesn't work on most elemental abilities that elites throw at you, and backlash is really only good if you're able to stand in the middle of the fray. If you're dying, that means you can't do that.

You may want to try DR:Keen Eye instead iof DR: Foresight. It comes at a DPS cost, but it lets you pick up about 2500 armor or so when you really need it.
Reply Quote
@Demiwraith,
"3% LS will out perform any amount of LoH on a single weapon at 100K DPS"
I just believe the fact, show me your number how "3%LS will out perform any amount of Loh on a single weapon at 100k DPS"
ha
Reply Quote
@Demiwraith,
"3% LS will out perform any amount of LoH on a single weapon at 100K DPS"
I just believe the fact, show me your number how "3%LS will out perform any amount of Loh on a single weapon at 100k DPS"
ha

Actual DPS is generally over 7 times what appears as your unbuffed DPS with a "standard" Sweeping Winds build. See this thread, for example:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006895894

Furthermore, this assumes you are attacking a single target. Since Sweeping Winds hits multiple targets, you can assume that you will get an even greater amount of Life Steal. Probably pushes the damage multiplier to the 8-10 range.

Even against a single target, 100K DPS will heal seven times as much life as you say in your example, or 4200 life per second. Given that the maximum amount of life on hit that can roll on a 1 handed weapon is 950, I'm confident in saying that Life Steal blows LoH out of the water in terms of healing for the 100K+ DPS crowd.

I'm sorry that you "just believe the fact" that LoH is better. I don't know which orifice, exactly, you pulled your numbers out of, but please don't go assuming mine come from the same place.
Reply Quote
Very well, if monk dps is able to boost 7 times or more of the unbuffed dps, this is noticeable LS is a better choice for 100k dps unbuffed.

BTW, I didn't say 'Loh is better than LS' that simple mindless conclusion.
My number is simply 100k dps with 3% LS return, 100k dps * 3% * 0.2(inferno nerf) = 600. That's it simple. I don't know where you exactly can pull this number different. If you're able to do 700k dps after buffed, this of course would become 4200 life return.

All I wanna share with OP that Loh definitely is a cheaper and efficiency way for a monk with less than 100k dps to sustain their life and step in a higher mp lvl.

Lastly, I don't really want to urge on 'LS or Loh' that people did urge it for a very long time in many different threads.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848177592
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5723495807
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4735895087

OP, sorry if I can't help. c ya.
Edited by callmeEarly#1980 on 12/10/2012 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]