Diablo® III

Trouble keeping wotb with 2hander hota build

Hey guys I have been trying to use a life steal skorn for ubers but I can't seem to keep wotb up. Would one better off dropping some dps and using a ls ik belt and getting a ias skorn? Or maybe a soj with -hota? Any suggestions would really help. Thanks! Also any other suggestions for my gear :)
Reply Quote
If you want to have perma wrath you need to go DW.

End of story.
Reply Quote
I don't mean wrath for 2 mins so you can recast, I mean perma wrath.

Skorn users just don't have the attacks/sec to generate the fury. Obviously I've never stacked IAS to the max with a Skorn but even if you did would you be able to hit 2 attacks/sec?
Reply Quote
I can get to 1.6 without a ias skorn so I don't know how much an 11% skorn would help
Reply Quote
High crit chance, high IAS, OP-Killing Spree, and Animosity helps a lot. Choose two for perma-wrath with Ubers. High MP farming, use all four and you will have WotB a lot of the time. (The gear to do this will cost a fortune). It's very hard to spend down your fury with BR, without dropping too much fury. For lower MP farming, use Seismic Slam instead, and forget about perma-WotB.
Reply Quote
Ias ias ias! i saw a thread the other day about perma wotb ias breakpoints for Hota.
Reply Quote
Perma WotB in ubers fight is definitely possible with 2 hander - I did it yesterday without going *too* crazy on the IAS, and my gear is nowhere near best in slot. However, it's very sketchy for Kulle/Siegebreaker and depends on how well you can separate the two. Too many slow bubbles and you will lose the buff.

My stats:
Unbuffed APS of 1.48
Crit chance with passives of 43% (pretty low, definitely a lot of room to improve this to make things easier) -- 66% with WotB, BR, and killing spree.

I am right on the edge of the buff falling off the whole time -- definitely not easy mode like dual wield.

Skills: BR:fray, WotB:ToC, Hammer:Smash, Frenzy:Maniac, OP:KS, Rend:Bloodlust (lets me use killing spree -- 18% lifesteal LOL)

Ghom/Rak -- APS could be 1.0, superstition does the work for you. Just spam battle rage and hammer to spend down the fury. Kill Rak first and make sure you are getting hit by the clouds the whole time.

SK/Magdha -- Use minions that spawn to help recharge fury. Archer arrows also trigger superstition, so don't kill them. Tank butterflies and arcane to get more fury from superstition. I do have to recast WotB on Magdha because of the invulnerability bubble. Kept it up otherwise by using the butterflies and sentries. Sometimes I wait for minions before popping WotB again. She's not a threat otherwise.

Siege/Kulle -- I tanked siege without wrath falling - with my 2 hand gear (I have 2 ias rings for ubers - use a different ring for farming shown in profile). Only had to dodge 2 or 3 bubbles, so that definitely helped. I mostly used hammer to burn fury that built up from frenzy that I couldn't spend down with battle rage. HotA doesn't swing fast enough to regen the fury, but frenzy can keep WotB up. No way to perma wrath on ZK -- would probably need to go throw on that fight to stand a chance with 2-hander. Doesn't really matter though, because rend is so much better with skorn and ZK moves around so much that rend does probably half of my damage to him as HotA spec (rend doesn't gain any bonus damage from WotB - just takes fewer casts to get that critical).

Superstition is really key to making perma wrath work by using elemental damage to your advantage while simultaneously making the fights safer. Really need lifesteal on that 2 hander until you can get premium CC and IAS... high lifesteal lets you soak the elemental damage to in turn get more fury and more wrath time.

Animosity can help, but I feel superstition is a better passive overall. I guess with a CM wizard, animosity would be better.

Edit: Also see my other thread here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199962320
Edited by Jim#1333 on 12/6/2012 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just echoing what Jim said, perma wrath is no prob with SK/maghda and trivial in ghom/raka as long as you use superstition for your passive. I'm too scurd to even drop OP:CA for OP:KS and it's still no issue. Kulle/sb is a crazy fight though, my keeping it up there is hopeless.
Reply Quote
I use that 20% fury regen/+ 20 fury passive. 1.23 APS and I 'permawrath' Siegebreaker in MP8-10 as long as the other party members are on Kule keeping those slow mo bubles from hell away from me.
Reply Quote
"If you want to have perma wrath you need to go DW. End of story."

Umm you lie dude!!
Edited by BuckityBuck#1262 on 12/6/2012 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Any insight from u barbs that use hota skorn builds?
Reply Quote
Superstition is something I didn't consider that I probably should have lol. Tyvm Jim =)
Reply Quote
Fury generation with Skorn isn't an issue as much as making room for incoming fury. I know that I need a fury dump addition to BR, Rend and HoTA but can't seem to justify which skill needs to go...
Edited by Vandergrathe#1858 on 2/6/2013 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

End of story.

Who says only ww can perma wotb? I gain back from the last sec, most of you wasting your time playing for so long just to post a wrong statement here? What a Ignorant.
Reply Quote
im having the same issue...eventually losing wotb on siege/kulle and having to run around a bit b/c without wrath up sitting on them is dangerous with my gear.
Reply Quote

End of story.

Who says only ww can perma wotb? I gain back from the last sec, most of you wasting your time playing for so long just to post a wrong statement here? What a Ignorant.

This is a thread necro btw. The original post was more than 2 months ago.

Maintaining WoTB for 2H is pretty well established now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]