Diablo® III

Why did not Diablo kill Tyrael?

Why did Diablo spare Tyrael's life at the end of Act 3? I don't understand.... R they actually a secret gay couple?
Edited by CrimsonFlowr#1401 on 12/6/2012 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Officially because mortal Tyrael was no threat to Diablo (Tyrael mentions being much weaker than when he was an angel).

In reality it's probably because the plot was badly written.
Reply Quote
Yes. It is really poorly written. Tyrael (Archngel) had millions fights with Diablo brothers, and also Tyrael has always been wanting to use the Soulstone to contain the spirits of the three Prime Evils. Diablo itself surely wants a revenge. I mean, I would be very very angry if somebody wants to kill me all the time, not mention prime evils!

And it is best chance for them to revenge, because Tyrael becomes a mortal! I remember once Tyrael said that as a mortal he had to face death. It means Diablo can take revenge on Tyrael and kill him forever!

Diablo doesn't do that. So , well, the best explanation probably is they actually love each other secretly. Diablo wants to revenge for Tyrael on the High Heaven, because the High Heaven kicks Tyrael out! Diablo wants to destory the High Heaven to bring the Justice!
Edited by CrimsonFlowr#1401 on 12/7/2012 9:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
maybe blizzard should add a new event to explore your idea
Reply Quote
View profile
Why should he care about a puny little paper lion?

His priority is destroying heaven. Then, he can take full revenge against anybody he wishes, for as long as he wants, whenever he wants.

Because the universe would be his. He could do whatever.

He believed this would happen, and as such didnt want to waste his life when he could do so much more later....

of course, it didnt happen that way.
Reply Quote
View profile
Tyreal should have died. I am sure he will die in the beginning of the expansion.
Reply Quote
Because they're secret lovers.
Reply Quote
How do you expect this to happen. Tyreal rejoined the angeris council at the end of d3...
Reply Quote
Diablo's greatest ambition of all time was to conquer Heaven. He cared a lot more about getting through that portal before you arrived than he did about killing an enemy that he now sees as powerless. Besides, if he succeeded, then everyone in the multiverse would either be dead or his slave, including Tyrael.
Reply Quote
Why should he kill him ?

At the end of act III, Diablo is the Prime Evil. He thinks himself invincible. He's a 100% sure he is going to achieve his goal and that nobody would ever be able to stop him.
Therefore, why should he kill Tyrael right away when he can destroy the High Heavens, desecrate everything that Tyrael ever loved, inspire despair and terror in his heart and then, finally, kill him?

Killing an ennemy is good, making him suffer psychologically and physically before killing him is better!
Edited by BlackSheep#2119 on 12/26/2012 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Yes. It is really poorly written. Tyrael (Archngel) had millions fights with Diablo brothers, and also Tyrael has always been wanting to use the Soulstone to contain the spirits of the three Prime Evils. Diablo itself surely wants a revenge. I mean, I would be very very angry if somebody wants to kill me all the time, not mention prime evils!

And it is best chance for them to revenge, because Tyrael becomes a mortal! I remember once Tyrael said that as a mortal he had to face death. It means Diablo can take revenge on Tyrael and kill him forever!

Diablo doesn't do that. So , well, the best explanation probably is they actually love each other secretly. Diablo wants to revenge for Tyrael on the High Heaven, because the High Heaven kicks Tyrael out! Diablo wants to destory the High Heaven to bring the Justice!

It may be a case of Leah, or whats left of her, fighting to either restrain or influence Diablo from within.

Wasn't it said that the only reason Diablo could be defeated the prior times was because his/her mortal hosts kept fighting?
Reply Quote
Also, he may have thought that Tyrael was already dead. Adria knocked him out, so he was just lying there on the ground. From Diablo's perspective, he came out of the stone and took possession of Leah. The first thing that he saw was Adria dutifully standing before him, and out of the corner of his eye he would have seen Tyrael laying on the ground amongst all the corpses.
Reply Quote
Maybe diablo wanted him to look how he slowly corrputed his old home so he will suffer and finaly when it's done he will be tortured or be killed by diablo or by his minions.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 09:43 AMPosted by CrimsonFlowr
WTF? tyrael CHOOSE to be a mortal because the ancient laws forbid the angels from helping the mortal world. not banished from the high heavens.
Reply Quote
Question is, why does Diablo take possession of Leah and not Tyrael. I think the human Tyrael would be the much easier victim and it would be a greater punishment for the angels in heaven if the former angel of jusitice is now Diablo.
Reply Quote
It's probably because Diablo wants nothing more than the complete obliteration of Heaven, than just snuffing out some dude who wouldn't even be able to scratch him. Imperius himself, basically the most powerful of the Angiris, barely held his ground against him - what more Tyrael in mortal form?
Reply Quote
Lord of Terror.

Horror is fear unto despair.

Terror is fear to the point of madness.

If you were the Lord of Terror, would you simply kill your victim, or terrorize him? And which would be more terrific, "O no I'm dying and I can't save heaven," or "I'm alive, I tried with everything I had and I couldn't save heaven.... even without someone stopping me, I couldn't do it."

Then drive Tyrael to complete madness, like he did to Marius.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 01:58 PMPosted by uanime5
Officially because mortal Tyrael was no threat to Diablo (Tyrael mentions being much weaker than when he was an angel).

That, and the fact that Diablo most likely wanted Tyrael to suffer, as many of the other posters in this thread have said. Note some of the stuff he says in Act 4.

01/02/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Bfler
Question is, why does Diablo take possession of Leah and not Tyrael. I think the human Tyrael would be the much easier victim and it would be a greater punishment for the angels in heaven if the former angel of jusitice is now Diablo.

I think you really need to pay attention to the story during your next playthrough. What does Leah have that Tyrael doesn't? What makes Leah unique among all the mortals of Sanctuary, Tyrael included? What does Leah have that all previous hosts of Diablo in the games have had?
Edited by TDW1996#1743 on 1/4/2013 1:02 AM PST
Reply Quote

I think you really need to pay attention to the story during your next playthrough. What does Leah have that Tyrael doesn't? What makes Leah unique among all the mortals of Sanctuary, Tyrael included? What does Leah have that all previous hosts of Diablo in the games have had?

Where is written, that he has to possess the members of a single family? In D2 Tal Rasha, a random mage, is the host of Baal.
In D3 Diablo's intention is to destroy heaven and I think it would be bitter irony if Diablo completes this with the body of Tyrael.
Edited by Bfler#2867 on 1/4/2013 2:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tyrael is still in angel form during the destruction of Diablo in D2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]