Diablo® III

What MP level do you think I can handle?

01/31/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Demiwraith
4% is really close. Any chance that the going with Scoundrel's +3% CC would up your DPS enough to kill him before enrage? If nothing else, you'll have a better shot at getting lucky with crit rolls...

I'm trying that now. In theory, I ought to be able to kill him somewhat easily with this setup.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
4% is really close. Any chance that the going with Scoundrel's +3% CC would up your DPS enough to kill him before enrage? If nothing else, you'll have a better shot at getting lucky with crit rolls...

I'm trying that now. In theory, I ought to be able to kill him somewhat easily with this setup.

Oh, yeah: except for that problem where the Scoundrel is a little bee-yatch who can't stay alive for more than 40% of the fight. I got Belial down under 25% before the enrage timer went off.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Vrkhyz

Oh, yeah: except for that problem where the Scoundrel is a little bee-yatch who can't stay alive for more than 40% of the fight. I got Belial down under 25% before the enrage timer went off.

Can you shapshot the Scoundrel's Hysteria ability?
Reply Quote
I haven't the foggiest. Even if I could, there's no way I'd beat Belial with him. It's night and day.

I still think I might be able to do it with Eirena, but I gave it several runs and seemed to get nailed by bombs every time. Need to take a break for tonight and try again on Saturday.
Reply Quote
meh... Unfortunately Belial is just about the biggest gear check in the game. You must do THIS much dps or you just lose. He just sits there and there's not much manuvering or anything. He also seems to have an awfully short enrage timer.

Anyway good luck. Keep us posted on the progress.
Reply Quote
I'm giving up on Belial on MP6 until the patch goes live, at which point I should be able to switch to a FS/Combi-Strike build and drop him relatively easily.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/02/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
I'm giving up on Belial on MP6 until the patch goes live, at which point I should be able to switch to a FS/Combi-Strike build and drop him relatively easily.

Whats stopping you from doing that now?
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 08:52 AMPosted by gotaplanstan

Whats stopping you from doing that now?

The math doesn't work in my favor. This combo is actually about 1% weaker (for me) in 1.0.6 than my standard FitL/BoY setup, but it will be 7% or 8% stronger once the patch rolls out. For some monks, the bump to SW damage (vortex and tornado) will work better in combination with a series of additive buffs. Because I'm not using those buffs now (aside from FitL), they'll work better for me.
Reply Quote
View profile
Ah yeah, I didn't look at your profile. Makes sense with using BoY+FitL though before snapshotting is removed.
Reply Quote
Just went up against a group of Savage Beasts with Illusionist, Teleporter, Electrified, and Jailer on MP7 and essentially face-tanked the entire group. I never left combat.

Protip: Use Dashing Strike to get behind any beast who is pawing the ground before charging. Also, lots of LMB.
Reply Quote
I've done that fight! It's one of the most fun fights in the game, especially when you're frantically dashing striking back and forth almost constantly to avoid getting tagged by any of the charges. It feels like one of those things that shouldn't work (just frantically push a button as fast a you can!!!), but it does, and it's a riot.
Reply Quote
Fortunately for me, I can eat one charge most of the time. But DS is also the best way to handle Blazing Guardians. I love Blazing Guardians :)
Reply Quote
As I predicted, I took down MP6 Belial on the PTR. I needed two tries because he got lucky and one-shot me with a double-arm strike. Unfortunately for him:

• Sever, FitL, BoY (1.0.6): 298,692.51 EDPS vs. demons
  • Sever, FitL, BoY (PTR): 285,853.61 EDPS vs. demons
  • Sever, Foresight, Combination Strike (1.0.6): 296,831.35 EDPS vs. demons
  • Sever, Foresight, Combination Strike (PTR): 321,351.70 EDPS vs. demons

The contest was never really in doubt, despite the lack of a Foresight icon. I'd normally track it with FitL, but that wasn't an option.
Edited by Vrkhyz#1472 on 2/2/2013 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I decided to try out the uber fights on the PTR. Opened up at MP3 and easily dispatched all three pairs.I'll have to copy my character again and try MP4 or MP5.
Reply Quote
Well, I hit a brick wall fighting the Butcher at the end of Act 1 on MP7. I didn't even get him down to 50% with Sever and one other item when the floor erupted for good, so I didn't even bother trying to mix-and-match my gear again; there's no way I will double my EDPS. And the Halls of Agony were a real grind. Maybe it was the endless stream of Frozen/Illusionist Dark Berserkers (three packs), but I couldn't seem to keep from dying nearly every fight. So I'm going to try ubers on MP4, I think, and then head back to MP6 to look for some drops.
Reply Quote
So I've been doing a full clear of MP5. Know what really suck?

Vortex, illusionist, molten, mortar mallet lords.
Reply Quote
You know what also sucks? Getting both of these at the same time:

• Dune Dervish Elites with Nightmarish, Shielding, Molten, and Electrified (all of 'em)
  • Writhing Deceiver Elites with Arcane Enchanted, Plagued, Reflects Damage, and Jailer (elite had Jailer, the rest had the other three)

I confess that I got killed inside of 15 seconds. After I found the WP, I went back for them. Killed all but one of each blue and the elites themselves before I got killed because I stayed in one place WAY too long. Went back and killed the remaining four :)

But, um, yeah. Mallet Lords :) Good spot for Slipstream!
Reply Quote
Well, MP5 Diablo, along with everything else in the game (except ubers), is dead. Not that it was ever much in doubt, but still, I can say it is done. Butcher and Belial remain the outliers, and really serve as the only "brick walls" in the game. I got by them both but their enrage timers made things pretty difficult (I had to spec into a build I'd normally never play to down Belial).

Oh, and those mallet lords dropped me a decent set of Blackthorne pants. I already had a decent chest and belt in the set, so that's kind of cool. Unfortunately, gearing all three drops some of my resists down to around 500, which is much lower than I prefer to go. But maybe somewhere along the line I'll pick up an upgrade which makes up for that.
Reply Quote
You should download the spreadsheet :)

02/08/2013 09:52 PMPosted by overg
(I had to spec into a build I'd normally never play to down Belial).

Which kind? To date, I've only used builds I would use during play to build my NV stack (i.e., all-takers builds), although I've switched gears and tried a few changes to my follower. I'm not even sure I'd know what I'd do just to take down one of those two, aside from maybe slotting in Overawe. What do you end up doing?
Reply Quote
List of MP5 victims from this morning's run:

• Elite Writhing Deceivers with Molten, Fast, Arcane Enchanted, and Horde
  • Fallen Shamans with Avenger, Fast, Nightmarish, and Mortar
  • Elite Dune Dervishes with Illusionist, Molten, Fast, and Mortar
  • Savage Flyers with Desecrator, Electrified, Knockback, and Health Link
  • Brood Hatchlings with Desecrator, Vampiric, Molten, and Frozen
  • Elite Cave Flyers with Shielding, Molten, Plagued, and Electrified
  • Keywarden
  • Writhing Deceivers with Molten, Arcane Enchanted, Teleporter, and Waller[/i]

I died against the Cave Flyers when I accidentally pressed Z for zoom during combat :)

I also had the please of running into the second back halfway through my fight against the first. Good times ensued! The accidental zoom was the only death of the short run, though. Fought seventeen single packs last night and died once (fought one double-elite pack and died twice), which is why I consider MP5 pretty good for farming. Most of the fights are relatively simple, but the good ones are decent.
Edited by Vrkhyz#1472 on 2/9/2013 8:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]