Diablo® III

Windows Error Recovery on clean install.

90 Blood Elf Mage
Hello, earlier my friend and I were building him a new computer. We hooked everything up correctly, and we had just finished installing windows 7. It reboots and then it just hangs at starting windows and the little windows icon is still moving and glowing, but it just sits there doing nothing. We restart, and then we get the Windows Error Recovery menu, then that doesn't even load all the way, it just hangs again. We've tried unplugging everything that wasn't nescessary, we've done another clean install, switched sata ports/wires. It just baffled me that it lets us install but won't let us start the OS.

Is there any solution or quick fix, thanks in advanced!
Reply Quote
Have you tried to change the boot priority setting in the bios after installation?

If you still have it set to DVD drive, you need to change it to boot drive (SSD or HDD, wherever you installed Win 7) after the first reboot when installation is complete. Also, during the 15 seconds to restart phase, remove the installation DVD.

If that doesn't work, it's probable that the boot drive is busted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]