Diablo® III

Weapon Choices - DPS vs Str (Barb)

Hi folks.

Having, as always, a hard decision for my weapons.

I'm a little confused, because, as a WW barb, for example; I see many using HIGH dps weapons, some without Str on it: example a 1100 dps weapon with no Str. Wouldn't it be wiser to use a weapon with say, 1000 DPS with 150-250 Str or something? Wouldn't all that Str make up for the loss in DPS? Str ups out damage quite a bit.
Reply Quote
High STR, too low DPS on weapon = your damage will suck.
High DPS on weapon, too low STR = your damage will suck.

That being said, you can grab a 1050 dps / 50% cd / OS Axe for 8m. Add 100 STR to that and we're talking about 30m. Even the same weapon with ~950 dps would be ~12-15m, and 100 DPS > 100 STR in most cases. For a WW barb, there are cheaper places to get your STR other than your Main Hand, and you NEED a high DPS main hand because your Sprint's tornados (~60% of your damage) depend on it. That's why many barbs call their offhands "stat sticks". High APS, high STR, CD, LS and OS. OH damage doesn't affect nados. (then again, don't neglect it's damage completely, 'cause it still affects your WW, and since it's last buff, it does decent damage)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]