Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

Better gear doesn't solve the problem and here is proof:

Here is my optimal combination of equipment:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/EfficientUbers.png

63k hit points (most demon hunters have less)
4,200 armor (most demon hunters have less)
682 resistance (most demon hunters have less)
649 life regen
2.8 life steal (steals over 5,000hp per hit, so getting life on hit is not practical with high dps)

Since reflects damage currently has the ability to deal millions of EHP within a couple seconds, it is undeniably the strongest source of damage in the game on any monster power. Telling players to get millions of EHP to survive killing themselves when they are already over-geared for the monster power they are playing on is unreasonable. One of these can easily bring balance to reflects damage (Only need one):

1.) Allow dexterity a chance to dodge ticks of reflect damage.
2.) Give all classes the "30% damage reduction" that melee's have to use against reflects damage
3.) Allow life steal to roll on something other than weapons.
4.) Cap reflects damage to do as much as standing in an arcane beam (Do you think it should hit harder than arcane beams?)
5.) Cap reflects damage to only come from 1 source or allow it to only be on 1 mob in the group at a time and not every mob in the group.
6.) Make reflects damage toggle on after a couple seconds of engaging a player.
7.) Cap the range of reflects damage so It won't hit you if you're 30 yards away.
8.) Cap reflects damage to do no more than XX% of the players health per second.
9.) Make reflects damage unable to hurt when the player is below 10% health and unable to do lethal damage.
10.) Make critical hits reflect the same amount of damage as a normal hit.
11.) Turn the damage reflected into a ball of energy that appears over the mobs head for 1 second (spirit bomb?!) then fires at the player allowing the player a chance to react and skill dodge

I thought of the last one while making the post and fell in love with it. I enjoy mechanics that promote skill vs inevitability.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/8/2012 9:08 PM PST
Or... you know... you could just give up the woefully unbalance Glass Cannon build....
i don't understand why players have such a huge issue with RD
a well balanced toon will take longer to kill stuff yes but they will also be able to handle RD

unlike a glass cannon will simply shoot a laser in the mirror and kills its self
RD is just fine, it doesn't need to be fixed. There is nothing wrong with it. Some players just have to have something to cry about. Fix yourself and then play the game.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 12/8/2012 7:28 PM PST
12/08/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Anna
RD is just fine, it doesn't need to be fixed. There is nothing wrong with it. Some players just have to have something to cry about. Fix yourself and then play the game.

i know right

they expect to win a sword fight with paper armor and shields with 1 op sword
Your points 1, 2, 3 & 7 are so incredibly biased, you should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting them. So only demon hunters deserve to get a break from the damage from RD?

Please, threads like these just make the developers reject feedbacks on the whole. Reflect damage may or may not need adjustments, but what you're saying is like allowing only DHs or ranged classes to be exempt from it.
Nobody , and I mean NOBODY in hardcore has an issue with it. You guys are glass cannons crying about it. Sacrifice a little dps for some defense.
12/08/2012 07:29 PMPosted by erosinnin

i know right

they expect to win a sword fight with paper armor and shields with 1 op sword

The armor they wear is Poultry armor, just a bunch of chicken feathers. DH's that cry and monks, say they can't get much dps if they gear properly. Well that's just a bunch of hogwash. Like I said some players just have to cry about things to get attention.
it doesnt need to be fix your just a big newb...
You can't have the best of both world.
Go farm nightmare
1. Resists
2. Lifesteal

There I shortened your list and made it less QQ
Since reflects damage currently has the ability to deal millions of EHP within a couple seconds, it is undeniably the strongest source of damage in the game on any monster power. Telling players to get millions of EHP to survive killing themselves when they are already over-geared for the monster power they are playing on is unreasonable. One of these can easily bring balance to reflects damage (Only need one):

1.) Allow dexterity a chance to dodge ticks of reflect damage.
2.) Give all classes the "30% damage reduction" that melee's have to use against reflects damage

I stopped reading here.

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
90 Pandaren Monk
i have a suggestion for all you bad kids crying about reflect.... get some defense and leech ffs stop crying
12/08/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Baojia
i have a suggestion for all you bad kids crying about reflect.... get some defense and leech ffs stop crying

Only one bad kid in this thread, dude....
400k EHP isn't glass cannon, If I spent billions of gold to double my EHP It still wouldn't be enough to last more than a second against a misfire against a reflects damage group offscreen.

Reflects damage can do millions of EHP in damage every second. No one can tank millions of EHP every second.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/8/2012 8:20 PM PST
Once your dps is high enough, reflects damage cannot be outgeared.

Anyone saying reflects damage is fine is just trying to make you mad.

No one believes reflects damage is balanced with the rest of the game.
Edited by Sweko#1266 on 12/8/2012 8:24 PM PST
Anyone calling me newb doesn't realize that I would have to spend billions of gold to get to 1milllion EHP just to face the same result -- Die within 1 second to mobs nowhere near me.
12/08/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Telliks
Or... you know... you could just give up the woefully unbalance Glass Cannon build....

to much work obviously easier to complain about none broken things
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]