Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

pos idea , stop the pets from reflect back eh ...

well then stop them from doing damage ... its like saying free kills if your a WD.

blizzard is down right terrible , im so happy im about to break even on this game.

omg what a waste
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so the game is going to get dumbed down again, are you people serious.
No wonder why this country is going to hell quick, lack of problem solving and entitlement.
I remeber looking at a video and being told, you will die alot in inferno which rang true invthe beginning days of d3, now everyone wants a rainbow that they can slide down on right into the arms of a waiting super legend. You people suck.

Hey honey! We gonna need a lot more cheese.
pos idea , stop the pets from reflect back eh ...

well then stop them from doing damage ... its like saying free kills if your a WD.

blizzard is down right terrible , im so happy im about to break even on this game.

omg what a waste

Reading again, I think she meant pet damage would reflect back to the pet only, not the player
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

Awesome thanks!
Two quick things:

No wonder why this country is going to hell quick, lack of problem solving and entitlement.
I remeber looking at a video and being told, you will die alot in inferno which rang true invthe beginning days of d3, now everyone wants a rainbow that they can slide down on right into the arms of a waiting super legend. You people suck.

I completely agree.
There's a reason why I stopped playing WoW.
It's dumbed down to a point where a 6 year old kid can play the game and now, I gotta deal with 6 year old kids.....
Don't dumb it down please!
The game is already easy enough.

I used to have big issues with reflect damage.
2 shots out of my cluster arrows would kill me or sometimes, instantly all from reflect damage.
I was doing 500k+ crits on reflect damage mobs and that was not fun.
That's because I only concentrated on DPS ONLY!!! and not the other stats.
Sure!!! It made things a lot easier to kill except for 1 particular mob.

Few things I've done since then to survive was to bring up life steal and not life on hit.
Having a high dpser makes the reflect damage hit you harder.
The more dps you output, the more life steal you'll need then your health to cover the incoming reflected damage.
Some may say LoH is great but if your dps surpasses 70k+, LoH becomes meaning less unless you can stack 2000+. I'm not sure 2000 would be enough.... 3000+ maybe.
I've dropped sharpshooter and doing max 140k dps depending on gear.

All I can say to those who are having problem with reflect damage is don't concentrate on DPS only. There's a reason why reflect damage is an affix on elites. Balance out your gear and think about what you are doing and what you should not do.
If Blizzard keeps on nerfing the game, they are going to loose more players.
There's no need to change this game so that it will please EVERYONE who thinks their opinion of the game is better than others.
Two quick things:

Glad to know your life depends on games to function the way you want them to. Or the fact that reflect damage should have worked that way to begin with you're just ignoring that's fine.
12/11/2012 02:32 PMPosted by NeoIIGeo

Can you faceroll MP10? Can anyone here who QQ about this 'nerf' faceroll MP10.

*shudder* what did I just type :/
First of all, you're a liar. You only have 293 RA. Reflect damage sucks, but it's fine.
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail here. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

I do a really fair amount of DPS, and I think that Reflects Damage is the ONLY current challenge to this game. And now you want to nerf that?

Reflects Damage only made me have a better game experience, a less dull or uninteresting one. I had to get more balanced (with some nice protection), but I still do 1.2M crits and can play with no problem at MP8, at quite nice speed, even at the face of the current Reflects Damage.

Nerf that and you will only succeed in making this the lamest game ever.

This game is crying for you to ADD more challenge to it!; and all the opposite you are turning it into a game that has a Pokemon feeling to it, at most. Horrible!.

Do you find fun to just spin around as a barbarian pressing buttons mindlessly all day long?, and beating every "obstacle" in a few seconds with no challenge whatsoever? Do you enjoy repeating the same thing endlessly many times per hour, for the next few years? That sounds to me as sad as playing pokemon blue then red, then yellow then ... etc. Is just....... this game!
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.

I have yet to ever see any barb or monk complain about it, it's always been ranged.

Thats stupid a decent barb or monk has just as much problem's with reflect damage affixes, dont cry because u chose a crappy class.
Use SP Gloom? DH have a built in anti-RD. You get like 9% or whatever it is you get in inferno plus the 35% reduced dmg, you should be getting life back. DH who complain about this blow my mind. The only complaint that could be made is that sometimes you can't see it before you unleash 5 ball lightnings into 6 monsters and one shot yourself, even that is a weak complaint though.

Glad to know your life depends on games to function the way you want them to. Or the fact that reflect damage should have worked that way to begin with you're just ignoring that's fine.

Actually no, my life depends on my job, my wife, my son. I just get the best of all worlds with the hours i work and i get to surf the internet, hence i can post at work. My life depends on the things i just listed. I play the game for fun, happens to be that i get a couple of hours per night to play and on weekends i never play until everyone is asleep. So im glad you like to assume, know what they say about people who assume right?

Actually if you take a look around the boards plenty of people do not want rd touched, so if you took a second to look around you would see i am not the only one. And question dont you like a challenge? Dumbing this game down anymore is just wrong, did you not watch the video that you would die alot in inferno? I guess your life depends on being able to face roll games with no chance of dying?

See what i did there? I can assume too :) you have a wonderful day.
dont listen to anything a Demon hunter, Barbarian or Monk player has to say because they have it easy. the problem is with wizard and witchdoctors, WTF is this reflect damage anyway standing a mile away out of the monsters range and some how his armor is spiking me when i throw a spell at him??

HERES THE SOLUTION !!! !!!! !!!! !!!!

CHANGE THE MECHANICS OF IT AND CALL IT THORNS AS IT WAS IN DIABLO 2!!!!
!¿!¿! ONLY !¿!¿! a mellee attacker should take damage !!!!!
you could also make it so spells like arcane orb will reflect damage to you (IF ONLY YOU ARE IN THE BLAST RADIUS) bit more realistic dont you think?

please repost this if you agree i want blizzard to see it... and realise WOW hes right...
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.

I have yet to ever see any barb or monk complain about it, it's always been ranged.

i am a barb doing one million damage crits and i will one shot my self everytime if i dont read affixes b4 engaging.

Reflect needs work for everyone
Edited by HiT4SIX#1115 on 12/11/2012 4:27 PM PST
i think it should just cap at a percentage of your total life. you can't take more than 10% of your hp in damage per second.

so at max continuous damage, you kill yourself in 10 seconds, giving you a chance to a) stop and regroup, and b) survive 1-shotting yourself.

or how about take away reflect and replace it with a debuff that deals 10% of your life in damage while you continue to attack your target. so you have the option to stop, or if you continue, you have to use something to mitigate it, like a potion or find a globe or a defensive ability.

this is just me brainstorming, i dont know what actual numbers would work, but players taking themselves out in <1 second is just ridiculous. you dont even have time to react to reflect sometimes..
12/11/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Vresiberba

I don't need to be able to pass through MP10 in order to back up my statement.
Reflect damage returns 20% of the damage that YOU DO.
Does that number change in MP10?
I don't think so.

I agree with pet damage reflecting back to the character.
If pet attacks, it should be the one to die not your character.
BUT, if you build your character solely to kill, kill and kill, then what's the purpose of having all those affixes to begin with?
Why don't you complain about descrator since there is no damage reduction you can build for it?
Oh!! We should nerf that too!!!
Better yet, why tha hell do we not nerf EVERYTHING and make each and every characters be able to plow through MP10?

Most likely, Blizzard will come out with something by the time 1/2 of us are able to plow through MP10.
Until we reach that point, we should play the game as it is.
Too many modifications will only result in players getting bored.
Fix the errors and bugs, yes but nerf and buff.... Oh! I'd love that but in the end, where's the challenge?
This game is rated M.
Let's not make it so that the rating would change to E...
So what you're telling us is that you never even looked into RD?
63k hit points (most demon hunters have less)
4,200 armor (most demon hunters have less)
682 resistance (most demon hunters have less)
649 life regen
2.8 life steal (steals over 5,000hp per hit, so getting life on hit is not practical with high dps)

I have way less all resist(300-400), way less HP(20k-35k) depending on gear and MP, similar armor and DPS, and RD could never kill me, even in MP10, I never die due to RD alone.

I don't know what you're crying about.
I currently have 2 choices:

1.) Get an impossible amount of EHP

2.) Lower my dps on purpose (I already traded 42k dps to get lifesteal on weapon, 5k life every hit doesn't help when you can do 200k to yourself)

Its funny that when I swap to my 900dps weapon, I never die to reflects damage, so yeah:

If I strict downgrade my weapon by 400dps I'm suddenly a balanced character who doesn't die and no longer newb

How the !@#$ does this make any sense to any of you?

It doeesnt. But you are talking to teh wrong people, people which think Blizzard can do no wrong and those are the people which want Inferno so hard, on MP0 that everyone is leaving the game except for 2 or 3 people eventually.

Dont worry. Blizz works on RD, as normal people konw that its to strong compared to the other affixes.

Thing is, the issue only appeared after the MP levels, already on the MP test server people expressed their concerns and issues with RD. But Blizz was bussy with nerfing the Hellfire Ring I suppose.
12/11/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Vresiberba

If anyone and their grandma can 'faceroll' MP10, then it wouldn't be MP10 would it? MP10 is supposed to be hard...just like how inferno was, but look at it now lol.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]