Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

Lets better make RD hit for TWICE the actual damage.

That way we will get rid of the under-teenage player population, probably the 90%.

But then I assure you that with the challenge, you will get an adult player base that will probably be a better busyness on the long run.

OR, you can just let this game keep this road, and turn the franchise into something very memorable, of the sort of pokemon or QWOP. Mindless people will play the game till they rot, while normal people will play it eventually just to laugh at it.
Better gear doesn't solve the problem and here is proof:

Here is my optimal combination of equipment:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/EfficientUbers.png

63k hit points (most demon hunters have less)
4,200 armor (most demon hunters have less)
682 resistance (most demon hunters have less)
649 life regen
2.8 life steal (steals over 5,000hp per hit, so getting life on hit is not practical with high dps)

Since reflects damage currently has the ability to deal millions of EHP within a couple seconds, it is undeniably the strongest source of damage in the game on any monster power. Telling players to get millions of EHP to survive killing themselves when they are already over-geared for the monster power they are playing on is unreasonable. One of these can easily bring balance to reflects damage (Only need one):

1.) Allow dexterity a chance to dodge ticks of reflect damage.
2.) Give all classes the "30% damage reduction" that melee's have to use against reflects damage
3.) Allow life steal to roll on something other than weapons.
4.) Cap reflects damage to do as much as standing in an arcane beam (Do you think it should hit harder than arcane beams?)
5.) Cap reflects damage to only come from 1 source or allow it to only be on 1 mob in the group at a time and not every mob in the group.
6.) Make reflects damage toggle on after a couple seconds of engaging a player.
7.) Cap the range of reflects damage so It won't hit you if you're 30 yards away.
8.) Cap reflects damage to do no more than XX% of the players health per second.
9.) Make reflects damage unable to hurt when the player is below 10% health and unable to do lethal damage.
10.) Make critical hits reflect the same amount of damage as a normal hit.
11.) Turn the damage reflected into a ball of energy that appears over the mobs head for 1 second (spirit bomb?!) then fires at the player allowing the player a chance to react and skill dodge

I thought of the last one while making the post and fell in love with it. I enjoy mechanics that promote skill vs inevitability.

So basically yet another "suggestion" which in reality is another player crying that the game is too hard? Yeah, l'll pass on this one.

Two quick things:

I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone.

Please don't. There's no reason to make the game even easier than it should be. lf players are incapable of handling specific things, perhaps they're playing on the wrong monster power or need to work on gearing themselves to counter what counters them.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/12/2012 4:16 AM PST

That way we will get rid of the under-teenage player population, probably the 90%.

So you're saying that If i hit an elite group of 5 with reflects damage for 1 million damage each off-screen I should receive 10million damage? How can I take your "adult suggestion" seriously?

So basically yet another "suggestion" which in reality is another player crying that the game is too hard? Yeah, l'll pass on this one.

Explain to me how human skill mitigates reflect damage? Reflects damage has nothing to do with challenge. Do you find it challenging to stack defenses to the point where nothing stands a chance of hurting you? What If i don't want to have 800+ resistance, 5k+ armor, and 60k+ hit points? What If I don't like playing RPG's in super tank gear where its boring?

Putting death beams on the ground, poison pools, molten explosions and trails, frozen crystals, etc that kill you if you don't move would create challange. Unfortunately with the gear to beat reflects damage, I no longer need to avoid any hazzards in the game anymore. This is all reflects damage's fault for making me gear like this.

If I wanted a greater challange, I'd play on a higher monster power.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/12/2012 4:34 AM PST

So you're saying that If i hit an elite group of 5 with reflects damage for 1 million damage each off-screen I should receive 10million damage? How can I take your "adult suggestion" seriously?

Explain to me how human skill mitigates reflect damage? Reflects damage has nothing to do with challenge. Do you find it challenging to stack defenses to the point where nothing stands a chance of hurting you? What If i don't want to have 800+ resistance, 5k+ armor, and 60k+ hit points? What If I don't like playing RPG's in super tank gear where its boring?

If I wanted a greater challange, I'd play on a higher monster power.

lt's called strategy, which in the eyes of nearly everyone is the solution to a challenge. Reflect eats you alive? Counter it, don't cry until it's nerfed. Unless of course your strategy is whining like a 5 year old girl until your situation changes in which case, D3 isn't for you because that isn't a legitimate strategy.

You get LOH/LS on your items so you can stay alive while you fight right? Well stop, building against your enemy is wrong and boring.

#logic, you clearly don't have it.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/12/2012 4:38 AM PST
lt's called strategy, which in the eyes of nearly everyone is the solution to a challenge. Reflect eats you alive? Counter it, don't cry until it's nerfed.

Strategy isn't strategy without diversity. Now is it? ;)

If everyone is doing the exact same things, then there is no such thing as strategy.

12/12/2012 04:34 AMPosted by MOMOZ
You get LOH/LS on your items so you can stay alive while you fight right?

I already steal 5k-7k per hit. If you think adding 2k life on hit will make a dent in the problem, you're completely wrong.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/12/2012 4:42 AM PST
12/12/2012 04:36 AMPosted by Chillaxin
lt's called strategy, which in the eyes of nearly everyone is the solution to a challenge. Reflect eats you alive? Counter it, don't cry until it's nerfed.

If everyone is doing the exact same things, then there is no such thing as strategy.

lt isn't a strategy to get around a problem simply because everyone else does it? Once again, your logic is nonexistent. Sure, there's no diversity in solutions to it, but it still works and doesn't change the fact that it is a strategy.

1) A plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.

Please, at least know the definition of it because it is a plan and something was achieved.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/12/2012 4:43 AM PST
12/12/2012 04:39 AMPosted by MOMOZ
Sure, there's no diversity in solutions to it, but it still works and doesn't change the fact that it is a strategy.

It doesn't work, it kills you offscreen and is bugged to do extra damage.

You can't create a plan of action or policy when there is no choices.
Plague stacks, desercate stacks, you can stand on these and they dont do half as much damage as a single molten. Can you guys look into that?
12/12/2012 04:52 AMPosted by Chillaxin
Sure, there's no diversity in solutions to it, but it still works and doesn't change the fact that it is a strategy.

It doesn't work, it kills you offscreen and is bugged to do extra damage.

You can't create a plan of action or policy when there is no choices.

The choice of stacking pure DPS and melting the pack and yourself at the same time, getting enough resists to live through it, and getting enough LOH/LS to counter it completely are all different choices. The plans are already there, pick one. And no, continuing to cry for a RD nerf shouldn't be an option.
drop some of your DPS for some resist all. I still kill stuff pretty quickly (not as fast as you, i'm sure) and have never had a problem with reflect damage. In fact, I think RD isn't strong enough to be a challenge for me.
The game is easy enough already........
12/12/2012 04:36 AMPosted by Chillaxin

12/12/2012 04:34 AMPosted by MOMOZ

I already steal 5k-7k per hit. If you think adding 2k life on hit will make a dent in the problem, you're completely wrong.

Then use something that hits very fast for the damage it does. I use Acid Cloud mixed in with bear spam and I'm fine pulling 1 million effective DPS (super high mana regen build, love it). I farm keys on MP7 and a RD elite takes less than 30 seconds to kill, just like everything else.

There are plenty of ways to deal with it that can make your character overall stronger. I absolutely LOVE having the LOH I do now because it just makes it so easy to heal. Saying that there's no way to deal with it other than to stack defenses just shows you have no idea how the game works. You won this time and got it nerfed, grats. All that's going to happen is the next time there's a challenge you'll cry about that too while others adapt and beat it.

You won this time and got it nerfed, grats. All that's going to happen is the next time there's a challenge you'll cry about that too while others adapt and beat it.

Exactly my point. He even missed the blatant sarcasm with

that was made to mock him when he decided to flaunt stupidity with

Do you find it challenging to stack defenses to the point where nothing stands a chance of hurting you? What If i don't want to have 800+ resistance, 5k+ armor, and 60k+ hit points? What If I don't like playing RPG's in super tank gear where its boring?

lt's amazing what Blizzard will do to the game just to satisfy the miniscule amount of players that are/have gone full retard. lt just turns what was meant to be a challenge into a joke for the majority of us.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/12/2012 5:51 AM PST

2.) Give all classes the "30% damage reduction" that melee's have to use against reflects

That would be moronic. Why don't we give Barb's and Monk's an extra active and passive skill slot...as well as some DH/WIZ/WD skills to go with it.

Better yet, I'll say what I always said to the WoW QQ'ers every time they thought that another class was OP. "Why don't we just make all classes exactly the same."

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r509/SamChowders/kitty100.jpg
Edited by SamChowders#1471 on 12/12/2012 6:01 AM PST
12/12/2012 04:57 AMPosted by MOMOZ
The choice of stacking pure DPS and melting the pack and yourself at the same time, getting enough resists to live through it, and getting enough LOH/LS to counter it completely are all different choices.

1.) You stacked greater dps than I did.
2.) I have a far greater EHP than you do.
3.) You have 0 Life on hit.
4.) you have 0 Life steal

You're an obvious hypocrite. A character with your stats can kill themselves against a reflect damage group in less than a second unless you pop gloom before every shot. It is a problem and you're just blatantly lying and trolling for a reaction. I recommend giving up since Your side of the argument lost because:

1.) Reflects damage is currently not working as intended. See the blue post for reference ;)
2.) The dangerous forms of reflects damage (the large minion groups) and health-linked are bugged. Everyone knows this; there is zero point in arguing that it doesn't desire fixing.
3.) Something that increases offence without losing any defense is an upgrade in any fun game.

You can argue with them if you like on their design intent but you can't argue that reflects damage is working as intended, because it is clearly not.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/12/2012 6:15 AM PST

1.) Reflects damage is currently not working as intended.

2.) The dangerous forms of reflects damage (the large minion groups) and health-linked are bugged. Everyone knows this; there is zero point in arguing that it doesn't desire fixing.

This is something Blizzard says every time they realize that they made something "overpowered". Well a lot think that its overpowered...but that's only because you Softcore players like to run around with massive damage and nothing else to back it up.

You should be killing yourself on RD in my opinion.

Oh yea, why are you crying anyway? You can die multiple times and only have to pay gold to repair...LOL
Edited by SamChowders#1471 on 12/12/2012 6:23 AM PST

You won this time and got it nerfed, grats. All that's going to happen is the next time there's a challenge you'll cry about that too while others adapt and beat it.

Exactly my point. He even missed the blatant sarcasm with

that was made to mock him when he decided to flaunt stupidity with

Do you find it challenging to stack defenses to the point where nothing stands a chance of hurting you? What If i don't want to have 800+ resistance, 5k+ armor, and 60k+ hit points? What If I don't like playing RPG's in super tank gear where its boring?

lt's amazing what Blizzard will do to the game just to satisfy the miniscule amount of players that are/have gone full retard. lt just turns what was meant to be a challenge into a joke for the majority of us.

I love your new ganging-up strategy. Really mature.
12/12/2012 06:22 AMPosted by SamChowders
This is something Blizzard says every time they realize that they made something "overpowered".

And I suppose this is something you can back up, yes?

I think that's the craziest thing about reflect is that it's affected by the MP level.

With 90% reduction you might be fine getting reflected off of your 1M damage crits at MP0, but when MP10 increases that reflected damage to 370% there's a pretty good chance you're gonna die, even with 6% lifesteal.
Edited by SPLERDU#3201 on 12/12/2012 6:49 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]