Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

Basically reflect was where they wanted it until they nurfed dexterity into uselessness...thats why a majority of complainers are monks and DH's.

I personally have no problem with reflect but dex based characters especially after the def. buff nurf have a hard time overcoming it.

And to make it worse reflect processes b4 LS and LOH so a Demon hunter being the highest damage per hit class and lowest defence in the game is going to oneshot themselves very easily an no LS or LOH can help them.

Good post!

lrn2gloom. @ both of you
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/15/2012 3:12 AM PST
12/08/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Anna
RD is just fine, it doesn't need to be fixed. There is nothing wrong with it. Some players just have to have something to cry about. Fix yourself and then play the game.

Agreed

Good post!

lrn2gloom. @ both of you

...which is exactly why reflect damage is toxic to this game. You should not be forced to use specific skills+runes to deal with one mod.
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail here. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

How about a new affix for elite " iron skin " to replace dmg reflect affix...
- still reflect dmg
- adds dmg reduction for the elite/champs
- cut the hp of the mop so players dont need more time to kill them
- cant roll togehter with extra life or shielding

by the way pls read: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416262029
Edited by Azrael#2856 on 12/15/2012 10:49 AM PST
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

Nothing is wrong with RD damage it rubber banding/lag that kills players.

lrn2gloom. @ both of you

...which is exactly why reflect damage is toxic to this game. You should not be forced to use specific skills+runes to deal with one mod.

So you shouldn't be forced to use vault or smokescreen to break roots either? or Vault if you find yourself stuck in a sticky spot? Might as well remove all elite affixes completely since people like you and OP will just !@#$% and whine that they're too hard.
Lifesteal scales with your damage noob
12/15/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Adam
Lifesteal scales with your damage noob

at 100k dps, 3% life steal was healing about 2k life every hit and only taking about 10k damage from reflects damage per hit. People with dps like this will tell you they can't even feel reflects damage.

At my dps, 3% life steal heals about 5-7k life every hit and take about 50k damage from reflects per hit.

Multiply that by groups of minions.
The gap between damage you take and damage you heal will always grow larger.
Reflect damage out-scales life steal.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/16/2012 5:36 AM PST
This thread should be labeled 11 ways to reward crying.

Reflect Damage should be doubled. If you die to a RD pack your DPS should be reduced by 5% until you kill the next 5 RD packs. If you die before killing the next 5 RD packs you should lose another 5% of your dps and be required to kill 10 RD packs without dying. If you die to another RD pack before fulfilling the kill requirement your weapon should permanently lose 20% of its DPS.

This will cause players to play to win instead of crying to win.

So you shouldn't be forced to use vault or smokescreen to break roots either? or Vault if you find yourself stuck in a sticky spot? Might as well remove all elite affixes completely since people like you and OP will just !@#$% and whine that they're too hard.

you can use several different skills to deal with things like jailer and vortex. gloom is really the only answer to RD. I don't need to use vault or smoke screen on my dh, but I definitely need to use gloom. furthermore gloom pretty much trivializes RD. that's not good game design, it's just a stupid mod that makes you take a specific skill at which point it's totally ignorable. I never said reflect damage is too hard. it's really, really easy if you have gloom and virtually impossible without it.
Edited by Jars#1772 on 12/16/2012 9:09 AM PST

you can use several different skills to deal with things like jailer and vortex. gloom is really the only answer to RD. I don't need to use vault or smoke screen on my dh, but I definitely need to use gloom. furthermore gloom pretty much trivializes RD. that's not good game design, it's just a stupid mod that makes you take a specific skill at which point it's totally ignorable. I never said reflect damage is too hard. it's really, really easy if you have gloom and virtually impossible without it.

l actually have more of a problem with stacked desecrator, arcane, and molten hits than RD even while gloom is active. Can l go make a thread to whine about that now?

At my dps, 3% life steal heals about 5-7k life every hit and take about 50k damage from reflects per hit.

50k? Way to exaggerate how much you receive without exaggerating how much you're leeching back. 1.9mil Cluster Arrow crits don't even reflect 50k back onto me. The biased is showing kind sir.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/16/2012 10:09 AM PST
[quote]

lrn2gloom. @ both of you

LOL I dont even play a DH...Learn to look at profiles before posting garbage.

I was simply pointing out that LOH and LS will do nothin to stop you from one shotting yourself and that is a fact...I also pointed out that dexterity was nurfed and no longer defends against reflect which is also a fact...This goes for monks as well...are you sayin they should gloom? lol go away
[quote]

lrn2gloom. @ both of you

LOH and LS will do nothin

That definitely explains all the Barbs, Monks, Wizards, and Witch Doctors that aren't here on the forums crying about getting eaten by reflect. Cause LOH and LS do nothing, right? Learn to find balance, trash.
Once your dps is high enough, reflects damage cannot be outgeared.

Anyone saying reflects damage is fine is just trying to make you mad.

No one believes reflects damage is balanced with the rest of the game.

Hi I have a friend with 306k dps and he handles dps-reflect better then I do almost. Why should Blizzard fix the game you all go for dps and neglect Loh, defense, and resistance.

But know what if they nerf reflect-damage if I can power threw MP10 now easily just think when the nerf happens. They all ready got rid of one of the games biggest problems you guys complained away. Enrage is gone what! More! Do! You! Want!!!
Edited by Avatar#1841 on 12/16/2012 10:32 AM PST

LOH and LS will do nothin

That definitely explains all the Barbs, Monks, Wizards, and Witch Doctors that aren't here on the forums crying about getting eaten by reflect. Cause LOH and LS do nothing, right? Learn to find balance, trash.

LOL im not even complaing that I have issues with reflect...I dont...I dont even have a dh...for the love of god learn to look at profiles before you post garbage... but you are infact a human wasteland if you have played this game for any descent amount of time and not noticed that reflect processes before LS and loh and it WILL NOT stop you from one shotting yourself...As far as barbs,wizards and witch doctors they are not dex based so there main stat helps against reflect and monks and barbs have a 30% dmg reduction...they are also not capable continuously dealing the same amount of dmg on a single hit as a DH...learn to read, trash
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/16/2012 10:39 AM PST

LS and loh processes before reflect and it WILL NOT stop you from one shotting

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934184758

According to this, you're wrong, so sorry bud. LS is the one that procs after you take the damage not before. Once again, people need to learn to gear. There are a lot of 200k+ Monks that laugh at reflect because unlike the RD babies on forums, they aren't full blown retards. So yet again, trash.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/16/2012 10:41 AM PST

LS and loh processes before reflect and it WILL NOT stop you from one shotting

According to this, you're wrong, so sorry bud. LS is the one that procs after you take the damage not before. Once again, people need to learn to gear. There are a lot of 200k+ Monks that laugh at reflect because unlike the RD babies on forums, they aren't full blown retards. So yet again, trash.

I meant after...thats y I edited pot but it actually doesnt matter anyway whether before or after.When you shoot and do enough reflect dmg to yourself you will die before the life steal can process...so sorry bud your information is irrelevant.And your monk arguments are useless because we all know they have 30% dmg reduction and even at the same dps cant deliver the same dmg per hit. So yet again...go away.
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/16/2012 10:51 AM PST

I meant after...thats y I edited pot but it actually doesnt matter anyway whether before or after.When you shoot and do enough reflect dmg to yourself you will die before the life steal can process...

Gloom = LS and mitigation. Cluster Arrow = 35-45k damage reflected per hit.
Me at say, 5k HP casting Gloom and lobbing Cluster Bombs at Siege = me at full health.

Explanation?
12/15/2012 03:12 AMPosted by MOMOZ
lrn2gloom. @ both of you

I was doing Ubers MP10 yesterday and when I came to the Siegebreaker I died, because he has Reflect Damage. I knew this and yet I died, why? Because it's almost impossible to keep up with your life draining and your Discipline draining. I died because I hadn't popped Gloom three seconds earlier and I just sat there, watching my Balls travelling towards my enemy as they were about to kill me. They hit. I died.

I meant after...thats y I edited pot but it actually doesnt matter anyway whether before or after.When you shoot and do enough reflect dmg to yourself you will die before the life steal can process...

Gloom = LS and mitigation. Cluster Arrow = 35-45k damage reflected per hit.
Me at say, 5k HP casting Gloom and lobbing Cluster Bombs at Siege = me at full health.

Explanation?

Its simple and if you would have went back and read my previous posts on this thread you would have known instead your arrogance and ignorance caused you to prematurely start an arguement with me...Reflect can be overcome with dmg mitigation and if you can mitigate the dmg enough to not one shot yourself then reflect and loh are very usefull...however if you do not have enough mitigation which is quite common on dh's since the dex nurf and naturally haven the least defence skills of other classes and are oneshotting yourself reflect and LOH will not help you.
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/16/2012 10:58 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]