Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

12/16/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Vresiberba
lrn2gloom. @ both of you

hadn't popped Gloom three seconds earlier and I just sat there, watching my Balls travelling towards my enemy as they were about to kill me. They hit. I died.

Siegebreaker I died, because he has Reflect Damage

????? Was this a hard concept to grasp or something?
12/16/2012 10:56 AMPosted by MOMOZ

hadn't popped Gloom three seconds earlier and I just sat there, watching my Balls travelling towards my enemy as they were about to kill me. They hit. I died.

Siegebreaker I died, because he has Reflect Damage

Huh?

Huh?

Obviously you'd die if you don't have the loh/ls for it.

Huh?

Once again you are giving bad information...if he oneshots himself loh and LS will not help him only mitigation can stop you from being oneshot.
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/16/2012 11:08 AM PST

Huh?

Uh, yeah.

Edit: Oh, and check that attitude, brother, you're very unpleasant to converse with.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 12/16/2012 11:09 AM PST

Once again you are giving bad information...if he oneshots himself loh and LS will not help him only mitigation can stop you from being oneshot.

l 1 shot myself with just 1 hit from cluster bombs if l'm sitting at 5k health. What's your point? l still heal back to full health.

l 1 shot myself with just 1 hit from cluster bombs if l'm sitting at 5k health. What's your point? l still heal back to full health.

If you hit someone and the reflect causes your health to reach 0 you will die...your life steal will not heal you...this should be obvious to you as the thread you linked me the OP went over this in his original post...did you only read the parts you wanted to?

Coming from thread you linked on OP's original post

"Life Steal's mechanics returns life - a split mili-second AFTER you do the damage.
(and that is why you can still die on RD even with LS, because if you hit hard enough, you can ko yourself before it has a chance to heal you.)"
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/16/2012 11:20 AM PST

If you hit someone and the reflect causes your health to reach 0 you will die...your life steal will not heal you...this should be obvious to you as the thread you linked me the OP went over this in his original post...did you only read the parts you wanted to?

No l wanted to verify what you said about loh/ls being calculated in after you take the damage. Does not match up with me not dying when l take shots with a sliver of life though.
Maybe part of the problem is with the proc coefficients. If I'm attacking using a skill that only gives 25% of my LoH/leech returned to me (0.25 proc), yet dealing 100% of the damage, this creates a large disparity between the amount reflected and the amount healed.

Possibly have the amount of reflected damage scale with the proc rate of the attacking skill.

Some people probably notice reflect damage much more than others, sometimes because of glass cannon builds and lacking armor/resists, but sometimes because the method they choose to attack is essentially less effective at recovering life through LoH/leech simply due to low proc rates.
Maybe part of the problem is with the proc coefficients. If I'm attacking using a skill that only gives 25% of my LoH/leech returned to me (0.25 proc), yet dealing 100% of the damage, this creates a large disparity between the amount reflected and the amount healed.

Possibly have the amount of reflected damage scale with the proc rate of the attacking skill.

Some people probably notice reflect damage much more than others, sometimes because of glass cannon builds and lacking armor/resists, but sometimes because the method they choose to attack is essentially less effective at recovering life through LoH/leech simply due to low proc rates.

Good point... also a dh could try using faster weaker skills to get the same dps as this will stop them from being oneshotted.Overall though having enough mitigation to not get oneshot is the best option...If your not being oneshot but are just killing yourself alittle at a time then u have good mitigation you just need LS and LOH.
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/16/2012 11:36 AM PST

Good point... also a dh could try using faster weaker skills to get the same dps as this will stop them from being oneshotted.

Or you can simply not run around with 20k life and 100 all resists. l'm borderline glass and l can still tank 3 Imminent Doom crits before l explode.

Or you can simply not run around with 20k life and 100 all resists. l'm borderline glass and l can still tank 3 Imminent Doom crits before l explode.

This Im not arguing with...I completely agree the ones who have gone all glass canon are whiners and just dont know how to make a proper build...I have a wiz(I quit playing BTW cause the game got too boring) but I can do arcane destruction on reflect mobs and get a full heal from it...but its easier for a wiz since we have naturally higher res all.
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/16/2012 11:44 AM PST
What Stealthe is saying is that reflect damage can be combated with mitigation. However, demon hunters are required to gear more for mitigation vs reflect damage than any other class based on mathematical proof:

Barbarians get 3000% bonus armor from (STR), more life leech, 30% damage reduction.

Monks gain 30% damage reduction

Wizards and Witchdoctors gain 300 bonus all resistance from (INT)

Demon hunters get nothing and are required to spend a lot more in order to get to the same mitigation as the other classes.
Chillaxin is still beating the dead horse? How about 0 options, Blizzard doesn't have to do anything... Nice glass cannon build newb :(

"Barabbas" (xxBarabbasxx#1727)

EHP Unbuffed: 584,865
world: 50K+ (barb: 50K+)
Americas: 35197 (barb: 24310)

"Eltine" (Chillaxin#1429)
EHP Unbuffed: 663,359
world: 50K+ (dh: 1497)
Americas: 21839 (dh: 774)

You're the "glass cannon" compared to me.

But i guess you're allowed to stack less mitigation because you're a barbarian. Thats fair right? Its fair that I have to gear for more mitigation than the melee class.

So explain to me why my demonhunter (nimble ranged non-tank class) has to get more tank gear than your barbarian (large melee tank class)??
What Stealthe is saying is that reflect damage can be combated with mitigation. However, demon hunters are required to gear more for mitigation vs reflect damage than any other class based on mathematical proof:

Barbarians get 3000% bonus armor from (STR), more life leech, 30% damage reduction.

Monks gain 30% damage reduction

Wizards and Witchdoctors gain 300 bonus all resistance from (INT)

Demon hunters get nothing and are required to spend a lot more in order to get to the same mitigation as the other classes.

The extra gold on mitigation isn't even necessary. l'd rather waste a skill slot on Gloom than drop a bil to get LOH/LS on every piece that l can. And based on the fact that l heal back to full health from a sliver of life regardless, l'd say dying over and over because you one shot yourself is just retardation on your part.
The extra gold on mitigation isn't even necessary. l'd rather waste a skill slot on Gloom than drop a bil to get LOH/LS on every piece that l can. And based on the fact that l heal back to full health from a sliver of life regardless, l'd say dying over and over because you one shot yourself is just retardation on your part.

Ok. We get it that MOMO Troll loves gloom. What about the players who think requiring gloom to shoot at things is a pretty lame requirement?
12/16/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Chillaxin

Ok. We get it that MOMO Troll loves gloom. What about the players who think requiring gloom to shoot at things is a pretty lame requirement?

Then spend the 1bil to get AR, loh, and LS on every piece possible. Otherwise stop crying that reflect eats you because you refuse to use what's available to you to counter it.
My DH decimates RD elites and I don't have to spam gloom, I can kill most of them without even using gloom. Nothing can 1 shot me, I can hit Seigebreaker with a stack of spiketraps and only lose a little health.

RD + Health Link is another match up that's extremely easy to kill.

When RD starts to hurt your toon a smart player will increase his defense. If you increase your DPS instead of your defense until RD starts to 1 shot you then your a not so smart player. Not so smart players should not be rewarded by nerfing RD as that will only make them overpowered. Not so smart players should be punished not rewarded.
If you die to a RD pack your DPS should be reduced by 5% until you kill the next 5 RD packs. If you die before killing the next 5 RD packs you should lose another 5% of your dps and be required to kill 10 RD packs without dying. If you die to another RD pack before fulfilling the kill requirement your weapon should permanently lose 20% of its DPS.

I also see the crybabies whining about the RD minions doing twice the damage. This may not be the way blizzard wanted it to work, but in reality that's a plus because that's the way it should work. The President of the USA is the most powerful man in the world. But if your in his proximity he's not the one that will physically harm you, it's his minions (aka secret service agents) that are dangerous. The minions are always the damage dealers.

Nerfing RD will be a slap in the face to every player that actually tries to win. A change of color is the only change that won't be a total insult. But even that is a really poor option, it's like telling soldiers that they have to post an Ambush sign before a battle.

I also saw it mentioned that it would cost a billion gold pieces to gear up a toon to handle RD at plus 200K DPS. Guess what? It should cost a billion or more gold pieces to be that powerful. Everyone shouldn't be able to reach that goal easily.

Reflect Damage is not broken and it doesn't need to be fixed or altered.
Then spend the 1bil to get AR, loh, and LS on every piece possible. Otherwise stop crying that reflect eats you because you refuse to use what's available to you to counter it.

I have the life steal. It heals me 5k-7k per hit.

Do you honestly think getting 2k life on hit will do anything? It won't even dent the problem. Life on hit is very useless for high dps demonhunters.

That leaves the last choice. All resistance, which once I get my mempo, i'll have over 500. This is really high for a demon hunter and already quite expensive. I could sacrifice my 10disc in my chest and get 80 more, I have a good resist pants in the stash that will put me over 600 resistance but getting much more than that is pushing it. It doesn't solve the problem. Fixing the bugs with reflect damage will solve the problem and the Admin agree with me. Whats you're reasoning for fighting a positive change that is going to happen?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]