Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

12/17/2012 10:12 AMPosted by MOMOZ
Ahahahahahah and the whiny little f.aggots that are incapable of handling the game win again. Way to go, Blizzard. Lets make the game glass cannon friendly so everyone can just stack pure DPS and faceroll MP10.

ENOUGH!
Ahahahahahah and the whiny little f.aggots that are incapable of handling the game win again. Way to go, Blizzard. Lets make the game glass cannon friendly so everyone can just stack pure DPS and faceroll MP10.

ENOUGH!

lt's true isn't it?

"Omg, reflect kills me. l better beat reflect by doubling my DPS, that'll fix it!"

~ Chillaxin

#1 go to man for logic that makes perfect sense.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/17/2012 10:40 AM PST
Going back to the original post, the whole problem with RD is the lack of skill required to counter it... There is no skill based counter.

You either have the items to counter it or you don't.

With all other affixes you can make a plan on how to deal with it, then attempt to execute that plan with your given level of skill at the game. This option does not exist for reflect damage.

The affix is simply boring.
12/17/2012 05:30 AMPosted by Vresiberba
The entire point of playing ranged is having the ability to avoid getting hit. If ranged characters are forced to take mandatory damage that hits harder than anything else in the game, there is absolutely no point in playing ranged. Instead just play melee and do the same DPS AND be tankier.

Exactly. Ranged classes are by nature 'glass cannons', it's the whole point of the class, hell one of the ranged classes in this game even has a skill called Glass Cannon. It would make precisely zero sense for a game developer to promote glass cannon builds only to make them suffer the most from the hardest hitting thing in the game.

This arguement is not fair to any classes.
If your arguement should be the fact, why would anyone roll melee?
RD is not hitting you any harder than it should.
It's doing it's job as it is.
Barbs, monks and melee wizards are not designed to be tanks.
They can't hold aggro.
If ranged is not expected to take damage, then go play WoW where there are proper tanks and healers.
THIS GAME IS NOT WoW!!!
Oh! I forgot! Even in WoW, ranged still take damage!!!
This game, in a sense, has been designed for you to die one way or the other.
Our purpose is to find a way to survive it.
Chillaxin, after reviewing your DH, it gave me a feeling that your character is fragile.
You've designed your character around dps and speed.

Your stats look impressive on paper...
292k dps (58% crit chance and 344% crit damage), 58k HP and 408 resist all, but you don't have other survival stats to support your high dps.
I see you have 2.8% LS but that's all you have!
No wonder you have big problem with RD...
In my opinion, your dps is way too high.

Also, looking at your other characters, looks like you've only focused on your DH and no other classes.
This is where you cannot win.
You don't know and understand how other classes work.

I'm not here to bash you for trying to get your point across.
Most of us here know and understand what you're going through.
But understand this, nerfing the game any further will not make this game any more enjoyable.
Ok I am convinced! Remove the damn RD....and oh yeh, don't forget to 'fix' the Succubus debuff that turns melees into paper...and Molten+Plague = pwnd. Somebody was complaining about the spiders in act3..might as well remove them from the game. Everybody's happy...

Jesus dude. Way to break down and look like a fool.

Reflects damage didn't affect you, remember? The players won't have to grab as much tank gear to play lower monster powers but will definitely still need it for higher monster powers.

Why does it bother you that players in gear like mine will have more fun? I worked hard for my gear and put a lot of time into the game. These minor changes won't magically allow me to do MP10 solo. Calm down.

Welcome to balancing online games. Expect the final game to always have improvements from release date. Its a great thing.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/17/2012 7:22 PM PST
geeze. and people don't buy shields these days... found a 30% block stormshield with high stats + crit yesterday .. sigh. in 1.02 it would have sold for millions, now its just salvage
12/08/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Telliks
Or... you know... you could just give up the woefully unbalance Glass Cannon build....

Did you even read his post? 63k hp, 4k armor, and 680 ar is not a glass cannon build...
Or... you know... you could just give up the woefully unbalance Glass Cannon build....

Did you even read his post? 63k hp, 4k armor, and 680 ar is not a glass cannon build...

He'll probably argue that I'm a glass cannon because I don't have Life on hit.

I already heal 5-7k life per hit from my life steal. But the trolls insist that healing 2k more and getting 3% more mitigation will magically make my character balanced because it pisses them off that someone with more dps than them with the same defense as them is allowed to play.

They feel that in order to have dps like mine, I should be required to have an insanely high defense as well. Which is absurd.

"What? Someone emerged with 200k unbuffed dps and only 700k EHP?? Someone call the gear police!"

Ever heard of an action RPG where some classes with little defense can survive by being skillfull and avoiding attacks? naaaw.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/17/2012 9:44 PM PST
12/17/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Chillaxin

He'll probably argue that I'm a glass cannon because I don't have Life on hit.

I already heal 5-7k life per hit from my life steal. But the trolls insist that healing 2k more and getting 3% more mitigation will magically make my character balanced because it pisses them off that someone with more dps than them with the same defense as them is allowed to play.

They feel that in order to have dps like mine, I should be required to have an insanely high defense as well. Which is absurd.

"What? Someone emerged with 200k unbuffed dps and only 700k EHP?? Someone call the gear police!"

Ever heard of an action RPG where some classes with little defense can survive by being skillfull and avoiding attacks? naaaw.

All l've gotten from you is whining for an excuse to not take Gloom.

This contradicts your whole argument. Maybe not blasting away at every elite pack or uber boss full tilt and try panning out the damage a little bit. Sounds like you just gib yourself while farming and want to complain. Sometimes you know on my melee characters I cant mindlessly follow around some afixes around or I could possibly die on high mp. Hopefully you will fall off your high horse like old Christopher.
This contradicts your whole argument.

Actually it fits perfectly in the argument.

To explain, reflects damage is the highest damage affix in the game and no amount of player skill can prevent any of it. This defeats the purpose of having a ranged class. This concept doesn't happen in any other action RPG.

I'm sorry that some classes being able to avoid getting damaged by using skill instead of "outgearing it" upsets you. This is normal in all action RPG's.

You can play your way and stack tank gear on your ranged character and kill slower and never be in danger again. We want to play our way too -- Where skill determines a larger portion of our survivability.
12/18/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Sweko
I'm sorry that some classes being able to avoid getting damaged by using skill instead of "outgearing it" upsets you.
When you get 78/84 mobs that ALL have reflect it kind of gets REALLLLLY annoying having to restart so many times just to kill them. It is realllllly starting to break this game more than it is. They should limit it's use on mobs to the harder higher levels. I am sick and tired of being hammered/flooded with !@#$ weapons and I am lvl 60(P5) and am still getting 280dps weapons for my Demon Hunter and way to many barbarian weapons for this game. I have to buy weapons and armour from the AH to get anywhere in game. There are some real issues that need to be addressed here. This is meant to be an enjoyable but challenging at times game and not a constant fight to do anything that can be called fun after running through the game for the 3rd time on the hardest difficulty lvl. I tried to play on monster lvl 2 to see what a difference it would make and didn't even finish the first area as it was that hard. There are balance issues in game and one of the more immediate is the Reflect Damage mobs that ARE TOO FREQUENT. They need to change the random lvl stats on the mobs to be better balanced than this currently !!!
12/18/2012 01:30 AMPosted by RAV3NMAD
When you get 78/84 mobs that ALL have reflect it kind of gets REALLLLLY annoying having to restart so many times just to kill them. It is realllllly starting to break this game more than it is. They should limit it's use on mobs to the harder higher levels. I am sick and tired of being hammered/flooded with !@#$ weapons and I am lvl 60(P5) and am still getting 280dps weapons for my Demon Hunter and way to many barbarian weapons for this game. I have to buy weapons and armour from the AH to get anywhere in game. There are some real issues that need to be addressed here. This is meant to be an enjoyable but challenging at times game and not a constant fight to do anything that can be called fun after running through the game for the 3rd time on the hardest difficulty lvl. I tried to play on monster lvl 2 to see what a difference it would make and didn't even finish the first area as it was that hard. There are balance issues in game and one of the more immediate is the Reflect Damage mobs that ARE TOO FREQUENT. They need to change the random lvl stats on the mobs to be better balanced than this currently !!!

RAV3NMAD

"MAD"

l see what you did there. Learn to choose your battles, and in this case, difficulty. Can't handle MP 2? Drop it down to 1 or 0.
We definitely need more options for getting life steal, it's ridiculous that it only comes as an affix on mighty belts and weapons. There is a level 52 set that gives 3% life steal with 3 pieces (Asheara's I believe), so why on Earth is there not a level 60 2 or 3-piece set that gives LS?

Why aren't there any level 60 legendary armor pieces with life steal? Where's that iconic green Vampire Gaze helm that we all know and love from D2?
Edited by SolarFlare22#1915 on 12/18/2012 3:43 AM PST
The funny thing is that demon hunters have no problem with RD because of gloom, so wth.
12/18/2012 03:52 AMPosted by JoeMaorian
The funny thing is that demon hunters have no problem with RD because of gloom, so wth.

OP is too cool for gloom and therefore wants RD nerfed.
12/18/2012 03:59 AMPosted by MOMOZ
OP is too cool for gloom and therefore wants RD nerfed.

I've had gloom on my skill-bar since launch date.

RD is getting fixed and i might actually be able to play without gloom for the first time.

Diversity wins the war. U mad?

Hot damn, MOMO, you stark mad. Your jelly will go good on my toast in the morning of patch day. ;)
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/18/2012 4:24 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]