Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

Actually it fits perfectly in the argument.

To explain, reflects damage is the highest damage affix in the game and no amount of player skill can prevent any of it. This defeats the purpose of having a ranged class. This concept doesn't happen in any other action RPG.

I'm sorry that some classes being able to avoid getting damaged by using skill instead of "outgearing it" upsets you. This is normal in all action RPG's.

You can play your way and stack tank gear on your ranged character and kill slower and never be in danger again. We want to play our way too -- Where skill determines a larger portion of our survivability.

False, RD requires more skill than any other affix in the game. You can't just randomly shoot at RD. You have to use the appropriate attack, you have to know when to stop attacking to health globe up. You have leave health globes on the map and know where there at. You have to know when to switch from attacking the elite to attacking a regular monster to build your health back up. You have to know how to kite to avoid the regular damage the pack does while also countering the RD at the same time.

Complaining that no skill is involved just proves how woefully unskilled all of you crybabies really are.

It takes a tremendous amount of skill to kill RD packs without using Gloom. Of course none of you crybabies will ever know what skill really is until you learn how to properly gear your character to survive long enough to actually use some skill.

Crying is not a skill.
Edited by Slay#1754 on 12/18/2012 4:12 AM PST
12/18/2012 04:10 AMPosted by Slay
You can't just randomly shoot at RD.

Not much of a choice when playing a demonhunter your skills can fly through a group of enemies then offscreen into a bugged reflect damage group and insta-gimp you.

I'm sorry you're so closed-minded and see the desire for balance as crying. But no worries, after patch it will be working as intended and the game will keep improving after each patch.

Not much of a choice when playing a demonhunter your skills can fly through a group of enemies then offscreen into a bugged reflect damage group and insta-gimp you.

I'm sorry you're so closed-minded and see the desire for balance as crying. But no worries, after patch it will be working as intended and the game will keep improving after each patch.

So what's next? A thread whining that the HP scaling is too high for higher MPs until they lower that too? l'll sign your petition. Besides, you have more AR and life than me so there's no way RD gimps you in 1 shot off of gloom. No need to make what you're against sound worse than it is. What are you, a politician?
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/18/2012 4:26 AM PST
Horde/arcanes will be the next affix nerfed. calling it.
12/18/2012 04:21 AMPosted by Chillaxin

I play a DH and yet I have none of your problems. Balance is not defined as all of one and a little of another. Your single minded approach to the game is why people are slowly leaving D3 for other games.
View profile
someone someone geared up and said no problem

but how about the other not yet geared?! Failure both dev team and players'

game is for everybody not only you....

reflect is overpower for middle range player need adjust and no offence!
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 12/18/2012 5:09 AM PST
12/18/2012 04:46 AMPosted by Slay
Balance is not defined as all of one and a little of another.

NEWS FLASH: MIN/MAXing is a viable legit strategy in action RPGs and it's actually fun.

Wyatt Cheng is known for his approval of min/maxing. I'm very happy he got promoted. Good things are coming to the game because of him.

Not everyone has to play 20% offense, 80% defense like you want.

I understand you want us all to gear exactly like you, but I prefer to sacrifice a little defense for more offence. Hurrah for diversity :)
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/18/2012 5:16 AM PST
1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail here. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

Perfect, need 1 visual indicator. ^^
12/18/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Chillaxin
Balance is not defined as all of one and a little of another.

NEWS FLASH: MIN/MAXing is a viable legit strategy in action RPGs and it's actually fun.

Wyatt Cheng is known for his approval of min/maxing. I'm very happy he got promoted. Good things are coming to the game because of him.

Not everyone has to play 20% offense, 80% defense like you want.

I understand you want us all to gear exactly like you, but I prefer to sacrifice a little defense for more offence. Hurrah for diversity :)

So now no one will need defense, diversity has been eliminated , Diablo 3 is now My Little Pony, a perfect game for crybabies.
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.

I have yet to ever see any barb or monk complain about it, it's always been ranged.

Any monster that kites well like the insect things in A2 or Succubus in A3 and has Molten are a pain for barbs, but you don't hear any barb QQ about it. RD is the only affix that makes the life of a ranged glass cannon toon "hard". If RD were removed, everyone would just reroll DH and win.
12/18/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Slay
So now no one will need defense, diversity has been eliminated , Diablo 3 is now My Little Pony, a perfect game for crybabies.

If you're saying that reflect damage is the only reason anyone has any defense then you have never played an RPG before.

Everyone will still get defense for the many other reasons (like all the monsters out there, and higher monster power levels)

Now the reasons to get defense will be to protect yourself from the damage from the monsters. It would be very stupid to have a game where the strongest threat is you hurting yourself.

lol
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/18/2012 5:41 AM PST
dumb people keep complaining that's nothing is wrong with RD! If u get to make a char with 200k+ dps, u'll see what happens!
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.

I have yet to ever see any barb or monk complain about it, it's always been ranged.

OH ya that won't be totally OP. ROFL.

If you think a ranged character even comes close to taking the amount of damage melee does you are completely wrong.
12/18/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Slay

How come everyone on your side of the fence are using the same tiring rhetoric over and over again. I've been called a !@#$%^, moron, noob, crybaby, idiot, trash and a few other things the filter would catch. What the hell is wrong with you people.
Get some LoH or LS. If you refuse to do this, I doubt the upcoming changes to RD will help you.
It's pretty crazy to not have some sort of health return at endgame.
If you are a pure glass cannon and want to stay that way, expect to get owned.
Just look at all the people without any sustainable health pool.
all glass cannons complaining.
There's nothing wrong with RD, it's fine as it is.

Do you know what a 'glass cannon' is?

"ChaiTea" (polyoddity#1878)
EHP Unbuffed: 462,352
world: 50K+ (monk: 50K+)
Americas: 50K+ (monk: 20044)

Look who's talking; You're way more fragile glass.

I must be the tankiest glass cannon in the world.

Get some DPS if you want to understand how reflects damage out-scales EHP.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/18/2012 6:10 AM PST
You've just gotta take a few more moments on a pack when you see those red numbers popping off your guy disturbingly fast. I think most of the people complaining just shut their brains off while farming and then lose it when an RD pack takes them out before they even know what happened. I don't have the best damage reduction but unless the combination of their other affixes are ridiculous and I get vortexed into an obscure corner with arcane beams or something of the like destroying me, I can usually back off and plan accordingly based on how big the dudes are.

And before someone tells me RD packs can't have vortex or arcane beams or funny purple hats, you know the point I'm making.
Edited by QingdaoKilla#1962 on 12/18/2012 6:32 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]