Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

Even i do have problems with RD on mp10.. Very hard to beat plagued + fire walker + RD, its like suicide mission with top gear aswell..
But ppl with incredible gear are not to many, and this ppl afking in menu (on AH sitting) in the game, cos no point in playing diablo 3 when u have everything and cant deal with some elite mobs without dying ha-ha!
But still even instead of fixing RD i would like to see in this game something like wave of mobs like in wow it was with some good equipment at the end for top players, that have nothing to do then sitting on AH and making money, thank you.
Just look at all the people without any sustainable health pool.
all glass cannons complaining.

"ChaiTea" (polyoddity#1878)
EHP Unbuffed: 462,352
world: 50K+ (monk: 50K+)
Americas: 50K+ (monk: 20044)

Look who's talking; You're way more fragile glass.

I must be the tankiest glass cannon in the world.

Get some DPS if you want to understand how reflects damage out-scales EHP.

My DPS is higher than yours, my EHP is lower. l have no problem with reflect being in the game the way it is now. What's your point? That RD "insta gimps you" because one shot flies into a reflect pack off screen? Sorry bud, l hit harder than you and those don't bother me so your example is invalid.
12/18/2012 08:09 PMPosted by MOMOZ
Sorry bud, l hit harder than you and those don't bother me so your example is invalid.

Obviously what I have to say is very valid since:

1.) Many other players agree and are experiencing the same problem.
2.) Blue posts agree there is a problem.

People like you who who defend reflects damage are the minority and typically have a very limited fix and/or extremely rude rage-filled trolls. You shoot gloom before every shot -- Not everyone enjoys being forced to play your way. It will be changed so both our play-styles will be valids ways of enjoying the game. Diversity wins. Have fun in game.
Sorry bud, l hit harder than you and those don't bother me so your example is invalid.

Obviously what I have to say is very valid since:

1.) Many other players agree and are experiencing the same problem.
2.) Blue posts agree there is a problem.

People like you who who defend reflects damage are the minority and typically have a very limited fix and/or extremely rude rage-filled trolls. You shoot gloom before every shot -- Not everyone enjoys being forced to play your way. It will be changed so both our play-styles will be valids ways of enjoying the game. Diversity wins. Have fun in game.

Your only excuse for being against RD now is that you insta gimp yourself which is false. Where's your argument? Besides, blues said there's only a bug with the minions on yellow packs, not reflect in general that you're complaining about.

extremely rude rage-filled trolls

Hahaha, l'm not the one with a thread crying about RD being "op"
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/18/2012 11:03 PM PST
Your valid excuse for being against RD now is that many players get insta-gimped, receive more damage than intended, receive damage from pets, and want a visual indicator.

Fixed.

I'm not sure why these upcoming changes create any problem. Could you explain further?

Posted by MOMOZ
Ahahahahahah and the whiny little f.aggots that are incapable of handling the game win again. Way to go, Blizzard. Lets make the game glass cannon friendly so everyone can just stack pure DPS and faceroll MP10.

Oh...
12/18/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Chillaxin
Your valid excuse for being against RD now is that many players get insta-gimped, receive more damage than intended, receive damage from pets, and want a visual indicator.

Fixed.

I'm not sure why these upcoming changes create any problem. Could you explain further?

Posted by MOMOZ
Ahahahahahah and the whiny little f.aggots that are incapable of handling the game win again. Way to go, Blizzard. Lets make the game glass cannon friendly so everyone can just stack pure DPS and faceroll MP10.

Oh...

Pets yes, l can see it being an issue if you take damage they do. No one gets insta gimped unless you completely burst everything on it and if you do that before noticing it's reflect, you're pretty retarded anyways.
12/08/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Telliks
Or... you know... you could just give up the woefully unbalance Glass Cannon build....
12/18/2012 11:57 PMPosted by MOMOZ
Pets yes, l can see it being an issue if you take damage they do.

So 1 of the 3 changes is ok. Its the other 2 that evolve you into a rage-filled troll?
12/19/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Chillaxin
Pets yes, l can see it being an issue if you take damage they do.

So 1 of the 3 changes is ok. Its the other 2 that evolve you into a rage-filled troll?

Trolling by saying people like you are making the game too easy? Yeah, sure thing.

Trolling by saying people like you are making the game too easy? Yeah, sure thing.

Having a discussion with details is one thing; Totally flipping out like you did is another. Your style of discussion is an embarrassment.

What is so wrong with the other 2 changes? I can't imagine how a bug fix and a visual indicator would cause so much rage for you.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/19/2012 12:38 AM PST
OP -> Why haven't you killed Diablo on inferno?!?!
You're a demon hunter and you're complaining about reflect damage?

Starts with a G ends with an M, no need to make more useless "QQ reflect dmg is op" threads
Oh.... Chillaxin again, isn't he the 1.4 Billion Gold worth demon hunter that dies in 1 second against an RD pack? Hmm.. still crying about the same thing as usual. As expected a failure will always be a failure i'm afraid.

You are STILL a glass-cannon. That is an uncontested fact. It's not a matter of EHP child, it's about sustain and mitigation.

Even after 1.4 Billion in gold expenses on a single character. *laugh* You have no ability to sustain your EHP. The point is, you cannot mitigate your paper DPS. Plain and simple. Weak as far as how far your complaints come about. :)

To those who have no idea who this weak complainer is, here is a link to the thread in where he was bashed by veterans continuously:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7320592230?page=17

Again childish Chillaxin, when will you learn how to play? this is a sample of mine with 350k EHP at inferno MP(10). :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbdUJAwyIQ

Here is also a sample of skilled demon hunter playing at Inferno MP(10) killing an RD elite pack,
(this is not mine by the way) You should learn a thing or two!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUcH1Vlvpg&list=UUje5lpxsC55U1t2eK4ipvxg&index=7

Have a nice day. Learn how to play. :) Chillaxin, your account is best to be deleted for the sake and welfare of this good D3 community.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 1:07 AM PST

Having a discussion with details is one thing; Totally flipping out like you did is another. Your style of discussion is an embarrassment.

What is so wrong with the other 2 changes? I can't imagine how a bug fix and a visual indicator would cause so much rage for you.

Laughing at how pathetic the game is going to become and lashing out are two completely different things. Clearly you didn't notice lulz.
Oh.... Chillaxin again, the 1.4 Billion Gold with RMAH Demon Hunter is still crying about Reflect Damage i see. As expected a failure will always be a failure.

Excellent, ZRaiyne -- My biggest adversary from other topics. You're welcomed to join us since your communication skills puts MOMO to shame.

Your lies are too little too late tho. The decisions have already been made. Better luck next discussion.

I've never spent a dime on the RMAH. Playing the GAH is the best way to get gear.

I kill 76.27 elites per hour on average on my demonhunter if you divide up the time played on it so calling it a failure is quite absurd.

I have a higher EHP than most of the demonhunters out there so calling it a glass-cannon is just flat-out false.

Check my profile and compare to others if you feel I'm a glass cannon.

12/19/2012 12:50 AMPosted by MOMOZ
Have a nice day. Learn how to play. :) Chillaxin, your account is best to be deleted for the sake and welfare of this good D3 community.

"Learn to play"

"Delete your account"

I'm pretty much sure these guys are just ässholes IRL.
12/19/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Chillaxin
Oh.... Chillaxin again, the 1.4 Billion Gold with RMAH Demon Hunter is still crying about Reflect Damage i see. As expected a failure will always be a failure.

Excellent, ZRaiyne -- My biggest adversary from other topics. You're welcomed to join us since your communication skills puts MOMO to shame.

Your lies are too little too late tho. The decisions have already been made. Better luck next discussion.

I've never spent a dime on the RMAH. Playing the GAH is the best way to get gear.

I kill 76.27 elites per hour on average on my demonhunter if you divide up the time played on it so calling it a failure is quite absurd.

I have a higher EHP than most of the demonhunters out there so calling it a glass-cannon is just flat-out false.

Check my profile and compare to others if you feel I'm a glass cannon.

12/19/2012 12:50 AMPosted by MOMOZ

Yep, and as always i challenged you with my so humble characters that are less than 100m :) So, is your 1.4 Billion gold RD weak character still up for the challenge?

You ran away the last time, seeing that you've been hammered in the thread i've posted above. There wasn't much you could do anyway. ;)

All these tests will be recorded as i've posted. Clear as day as all of my videos have been. :) Remember, you still have trouble with RD. Take that into account.

This will be, in all its worth, an efficiency contest between a 1.4 Billion gold character that dies in 1sec against RD against a 50 million worth character that survives a bit better im sure :)

No need to be afraid now, im sure you're wayyyyyy more efficient and survivable than i am. I'll be expecting good results from you especially with the money you spent. ;)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 1:46 AM PST
Oh.... Chillaxin again, isn't he the 1.4 Billion Gold worth demon hunter that dies in 1 second against an RD pack? Hmm.. still crying about the same thing as usual. As expected a failure will always be a failure i'm afraid.

You are STILL a glass-cannon.

12/19/2012 12:50 AMPosted by ZRaiyne

That demon hunter is not even close to glass cannon.

12/19/2012 12:50 AMPosted by ZRaiyne

That demon hunter is not even close to glass cannon.

Prove it then. Seeing that you Sweko, seem to be so knowledgeable about what a glass cannon DH is.

Remember the both of you still ran away in the previous thread after getting bashed by countless individuals. :)

Here is the link again, enjoy.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7320592230?page=17

-So, how much does chill HIT to actually die?
-Show me a screen shot?
-Show me a video?

He dies in 1 second by firing random pot-shots everywhere on the map. A moron to the highest extent.

Just shows that diabloprogress.com will not give you accurate readings of your character in real performance. Tell me how much physical resistance do you actually have?

Another funny thing Sweko, wherever Chillaxin is, your there too. What are you his little brother or something?

I didn't know Mr. 1.4 Billion also bought himself a chaperone from the AH. I wonder where that tab in the AH filter is... :D
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 2:03 AM PST
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

Thank you for noticing the bug regarding white minion RD damage that doesn't scale proportionally to MP. Also, the changes on how to mitigate RD are very much welcomed especially from the WD's perspective and turret-summoner type DH's.

However, please do not have Chillaxin's rant as your sole basis on how reflect damage is. If you notice, this players credibility is already down the drain. RD is the best thing that has happened to this game so far.

All in all, all the other affixes don't matter much anymore especially in the later game. In pure honesty, it's already become a snoozefest without encountering those aggressive RD packs from time to time. :(

Cheers and good luck! Thank you for the constant updates. :) Hoping for more challenging affixes in the future.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 2:20 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]