Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

12/19/2012 02:16 AMPosted by ZRaiyne
RD is the best thing that has happened to this game so far.

With comments like this, where is your credibility?

Your quote perfectly translates to: "players enjoy dealing damage to themselves more than killing monsters" and everyone knows what your're saying isn't true.

Just for people like you, maybe someday, someone will create a different genre of a game where upgrading your weapon without upgrading your armor first isn't allowed. But not a single Action RPG fits that description.

We enjoy upgrading our characters without worrying about "that upgrade might make me do too much damage"

What matters is that the majority and the admin disagree with you. Your efforts to leave reflects damage unfixed have all failed.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/19/2012 2:47 AM PST
RD is the best thing that has happened to this game so far.

With comments like this, where is your credibility?

Just for people like you, maybe someday, someone will create a different genre of a game where upgrading your weapon without upgrading your armor first isn't allowed. But not a single Action RPG fits that description.

We enjoy upgrading our characters without worrying about "that upgrade might make me do too much damage"

What matters is that the majority and the admin disagree with you. Your efforts to leave reflects damage unfixed have all failed.

Oh no, it didn't fail. White mob reflect did have an issue, i personally acknowledged that they need a recalculation. :) However..... NONE of us died the first second like you. *cough* Mr. 1.4 billion gold... glass cannon. ;)

So, reflect will still have the kick, but it will have visual indicators now. You will still die with your random "pot-shot" play style, that is still a fact. *laugh*

My credibility you say? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbdUJAwyIQ

Right here on my channel. And its got your weak name on it for all the world to see. :)

Thanks for running away from the challenge again, as always, Mr. 1.4 Billion gold Chillaxin with his hired "chaperone" Sweko! :D
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 2:58 AM PST
I don't feel there is a problem with reflects damage on my Hardcore Demon Hunter. (The way the game is supposed to be played)

Reflects Damage is fine.
I don't feel there is a problem with reflects damage on my Hardcore Demon Hunter. (The way the game is supposed to be played)

Reflects Damage is fine.

+100 to you sir. :) Btw awesome character! A Paragon 59 hardcore DH. :) I wish i could start playing hardcore soon, it seems that most of the vets are there now.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 2:54 AM PST
Not sure how people are killing themselves so bad.

Reflect only reflects like 1-2% of your damage output with good mitigation.

I can crit uber SB on mp8 for 3.3+ million using Death Blossom without killing myself, and actually heal from the lifesteal.

The problem with RD is that it largely negates the heal from the LS, making you vulnerable to hits when you'd otherwise be facerolling. A ceiling collapse during my channel has a very real risk of killing me. So in that sense, RD is very dangerous and powerful affix, but gosh, it's not THAT bad.

I only kill myself when I do stupid stuff like going all glass cannon and dropping huge arcane-dynamo-buffed molten impact meteors on big RD mobs. Good for the occasional "lol" from teammates, RD kinda punishes stupidity in that way. :D

The only problems with RD now are the 2 bugs that Blizzard have confirmed:
- RD on health link
- RD doing "more damage than intended" on certain packs

Most other RD is fine, imho.
Not sure how people are killing themselves so bad.

Reflect only reflects like 1-2% of your damage output with good mitigation.

I can crit uber SB on mp8 for 3.3+ million using Death Blossom without killing myself, and actually heal from the lifesteal.

The problem with RD is that it largely negates the heal from the LS, making you vulnerable to hits when you'd otherwise be facerolling. A ceiling collapse during my channel has a very real risk of killing me. So in that sense, RD is very dangerous and powerful affix, but gosh, it's not THAT bad.

I only kill myself when I do stupid stuff like going all glass cannon and dropping huge arcane-dynamo-buffed molten impact meteors on big RD mobs. Good for the occasional "lol" from teammates, RD kinda punishes stupidity in that way. :D

The only problems with RD now are the 2 bugs that Blizzard have confirmed:
- RD on health link
- RD doing "more damage than intended" on certain packs

Most other RD is fine, imho.

+1 Agreed.

RD is only bad when stupidity on our part is involved. With the presence of the RD affix, a risky variable in any casual runs indeed, it gives us the need to be more aware of our surroundings and plan immediate ways to counter it through mob isolation, etc.. I think that it is the best measure our skills as players as of the moment.

I think it's those particular skills that separates veterans from the casual children that know nothing but rant. :)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 3:17 AM PST
12/19/2012 02:49 AMPosted by ZRaiyne
Oh no, it didn't fail. White mob reflect did have an issue, i personally acknowledged that they need a recalculation. :)

Since 100% of the time I ever got insta-gimped was because of bugged reflect damage rare pack with the white mobs. The admin's bug fix single-handedly solves the problem.

So we both agree that is the problem... and we both know it is going to be fixed.... so why are you fighting the changes?
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/19/2012 3:16 AM PST
did not read the thread but heres my thoughts

RD is fine as it is

!@#$ off all you cry babies that want the game to get easier and easier and easier and....

just %^-* you noobs
Oh no, it didn't fail. White mob reflect did have an issue, i personally acknowledged that they need a recalculation. :)

Since 100% of the time I ever got insta-gimped was because of bugged reflect damage rare pack with the white mobs. The admin's bug fix single-handedly solves the problem.

So we both agree that is the problem... and we both know it is going to be fixed.... so why are you fighting the changes?

Well, because we don't get "insta-gibbed" like you even with that so called bug. :)

So we're clear, i'm not fighting the changes. I am fighting you, Chillaxin, because you are a glass cannon that needs to learn how to play. :)

Even without the changes, RD is still fine. Most of us learned how to deal with it already. :)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 3:21 AM PST
This entire page by itself shows how much people "maul" Chillaxin for his inability to adapt to change. That's five (5) more people against you Chillaxin in this page alone. :) lol.

Now now, call your chaperone Sweko to help you up and make a new thread. No need for tears. :)
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)
whats the next step to make the game easier?
12/19/2012 03:20 AMPosted by ZRaiyne
So we're clear, i'm not fighting the changes. I am fighting you, Chillaxin, because you are a glass cannon that needs to learn how to play. :)

My single goal for this thread was to promote change.

Success.

Your goals are questionable. You seem to have a strong desire to make me play your way. I will never play your inefficient playstyle in diablo 3. I don't enjoy killing that slow. I don't need to "learn to play" because stats and numbers do not lie.

I will play a play-style what is fun for myself and what grants the most kills per hour. I also want you to play what you feel is the most fun for you. The reflects damage bug was taking away some of the fun in my play-style.

I've achieved my goal for the thread. I still don't quite understand your goal since most players seem to feel the changes are good things. It looks like I even have your support for the changes, thank you.
12/19/2012 03:44 AMPosted by Chillaxin

never play your inefficient playstyle in diablo 3.

So racking up that death timer is what you call efficient? You make me giggle.
I don't need to "learn to play" because stats and numbers do not lie.

Then let's test out this, "stat" of yours. The fact that you die in a second is in itself the biggest lie in which you shower yourself in. :) My goal is to shred this lie of yours by "real world" testing that will be verified, uploaded, and applauded (if you deserve it) by all that will be watching. :)

Remember, it's 1.4 Billion you vs 50 million me. So, I expect a lot from you and your clear times.

I will even record it personally and upload it on youtube, like all of my other videos. I'm sure that i'm not as "inefficient" as you think.

What's your record Chillaxin, 72 elite kills per hour am i correct? i will be counting on what you said in our little contest. I will even do the math if what you claim is indeed true.

Let's see this claim of yours that you "are very" efficient, much more than the lot of us anyway that you personally claim to have no contest with your "uber" character. ;)

Let's see it then. Of course, you will run from this again. I'm used to it now. No worries. Cower. :)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 4:05 AM PST
I don't create threads to brag but since your'e attacking me for no reason, here goes:

What's your record Chillaxin, 72 elite kills per hour am i correct? i will be counting on what you said in our little contest. I will even do the math if what you claim is indeed true.

My record? Nah, I don't know what my record is of killing the most elites in 1 hour. But anyone can figure out my average. When it comes to efficiency, averages matter more than hotstreaks.

I don't need to "learn to play" because stats and numbers do not lie.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot276_zps99d3379f.jpg

You do the math.

I'm not even one of those famous streamers who puts my gear to shame and create threads and videos to brag. You have bigger fish to fry, ZRyaiyne. I'm sure they will love the publicity of your off-the-wall challenge on one of their live streams.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/19/2012 4:22 AM PST
12/19/2012 04:15 AMPosted by DeadRu
Been said many times learn to play.

Oh wait bots can't play. I feel this is the core of the problem. The bots can't handle RD.

Then it comes down to efficiency. Since when has efficiency been a part of playing games. It is just the greedy people looking to make profit that are unwilling to deal with RD mobs. They are upset because they can't faceroll a form of mob. I say bring back the indestructible mobs. If your playing and you are willing to make the effort you can kill RD mobs.

True, RD is the perfect counter for bots and such illegal programs. It makes the game cleaner in a small way. :)

Unfortunately, Chillaxin's bot program can't handle RD and gets disconnected upon hitting an RD pack, so here he is again complaining about it.

I wonder why he didn't get banned during the mass bot ban wave... :D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]