Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

You really are an idiot for taking a screenshot of your profile

Why?

The last 56 if your forum posts have been only in threads I have been in (an even greater amount than Sweko's).

Using your logic, I would be using your account to argue with myself.

*face-palm*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbdUJAwyIQ

Nope, because the real ZRaiyne has a youtube channel that is publicly viewed and ZRaiyne can prove himself in a real recorded test on his claims without running away. :)

Chillaxin aka Sweko cannot prove anything, rants on the forums with his baseless claims, and cowers from ZRaiyne ;)

Again, ZRaiyne is waiting for you Chillaxin, the challenge still stands. For anyone who wants to watch message me in game or post here. ;) bb for now.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 12/19/2012 6:13 AM PST
Nope, because the real ZRaiyne has a youtube channel that is publicly viewed and ZRaiyne can prove himself in a real recorded test on his claims without running away. :)

Chillaxin aka Sweko cannot prove anything, rants on the forums with his baseless claims, and cowers from ZRaiyne ;)

Again, ZRaiyne is waiting for you Chillaxin, the challenge still stands. For anyone who wants to watch message me in game or post here. ;) bb for now.

lmao, this post makes you sound like an evil villian that only talks in 3rd person.
Nope, because the real Hulk Hogan has a youtube channel that is publicly viewed and Hulk Hogan can prove himself in a real recorded test on his claims without running away. :)

Chillaxin aka The Undertaker cannot prove anything, rants on the forums with his baseless claims, and cowers from Hulk Hogan ;)

Again, Hulk Hogan is waiting for you Undertaker, the challenge still stands. For anyone who wants to watch message me in game or post here. ;) Snap into a Slim Jim!

Much better version.
Edited by Sweko#1266 on 12/19/2012 8:43 AM PST
12/19/2012 05:56 AMPosted by ZRaiyne
You really are an idiot for taking a screenshot of your profile trying to prove you aren't Sweko.

Oh, I misunderstood this the first time I read it.

You think I posted that screenshot to show my account name... You misunderstood my reasoning behind the screenshot.

I posted the screenshot to show you my elites killed and time played so you can do the math yourself. No hot-streak of yours could possibly keep up with that kind of average.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot276_zps99d3379f.jpg
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

Thank you for noticing the bug regarding white minion RD damage that doesn't scale proportionally to MP. Also, the changes on how to mitigate RD are very much welcomed especially from the WD's perspective and turret-summoner type DH's.

However, please do not have Chillaxin's rant as your sole basis on how reflect damage is. If you notice, this players credibility is already down the drain. RD is the best thing that has happened to this game so far.

All in all, all the other affixes don't matter much anymore especially in the later game. In pure honesty, it's already become a snoozefest without encountering those aggressive RD packs from time to time. :(

Cheers and good luck! Thank you for the constant updates. :) Hoping for more challenging affixes in the future.

Agreed.
Should look into buffing the other affixes so that the game is more challenging.

12/19/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Chillaxin
The results of my load-out is efficient kills and loot per time spent which can all be reviewed by anyone as hard evidence. No video necessary.

Except for RD mobs... right?

Chillaxin,
I'd say, if a challenge is given, man up to it.
Don't go around saying, "No video necessary."
Face the challenges and prove your point to the rest of us who has to listen to your ranting.
At this point, I'm sorry to put it like this, what you say is nothing but rant.

It's simple.
If you can't survive RD then there's something wrong with your character and need to fix it.
Don't try to make changes that will bring boredom to the game that's already been nerfed.
Do you recall before inferno was nerfed and how everyone was excited even to get to inferno?
Now, finishing inferno is just a walk in the park.

Like I've said before, your character is focused on DPS and speed.
Consider other stats and make your character work.
Chillaxin,

I'm not going to create a "how to video" to help out ZRaiyne's efficiency which he desperately wants.

Your argument is a Catch22:

Option 1.) Undergeared noob complaining: L2P, "You're undergeared so you have no right to complain."

Option 2.) Overgeared veteran complaining: L2P, "You're already successful, so you have no right to complain."

You guys keep shouting "L2P" like a broken record so I posted my stats which proves my abilities with undeniable proof. Even with the injustice of being randomly insta-gimped every-so-often from reflects damage I've recovered efficiency. I'm looking forward to my efficiency after patch, after the bugs are fixed ;)
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/19/2012 7:18 PM PST
Chillaxin,

I'm not going to create a "how to video" to help out ZRaiyne's efficiency which he desperately wants.

Your argument is a Catch22:

Option 1.) Undergeared noob complaining: L2P, "You're undergeared so you have no right to complain."

Option 2.) Overgeared veteran complaining: L2P, "You're already successful, so you have no right to complain."

You guys keep shouting "L2P" like a broken record so I posted my stats which proves my abilities with undeniable proof. Even with the injustice of being randomly insta-gimped every-so-often from reflects damage I've recovered efficiency. I'm looking forward to my efficiency after patch, after the bugs are fixed ;)

In my opinion, no one has the right to decide who can or can't complain.
You, most likely, have looked at my profile and thought that my toons are undergeared. Right??
And this is why you're thinking that you know what you're doing...
I know your stats and I understand your abilities.
What I'm wondering is are you even considering other people's opinion?
Are you that narrow minded to a point where you think you and only you are correct?
I looked at your DH and commented that your DPS is too high.
Are you willing to accept the fact that your character is OP'd??
Also, your character is OP'd to a point where you are killing yourself??
You'd probably accept one but not the other.

The simple fact is, RD is not OP'd.
It is good as it is.
You who one or two shot yourself to death are the one's are at fault.
Was I one of them??? Yes, I was.
I freak'n HATED RD mobs.
Have I resolved my issue on RD mobs?
Not quite yet but getting there...
Don't pretend that you know everything about this game.
You only have 1 character that is level 60.
You have no understanding of how other classes work.
THEREFORE, you have no right to complain or have the right to say other people have no right to complain.
L2P??? I don't even know what that is or care about it.
All I see is a person who thinks he knows the game the best and tries to change other people's opinion.

You keep on saying "undeniable proof" like a broken record. (HA!)
Well, here is your proof.
YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH REFLECT DAMAGE!
Where's the efficiency you're talking about when you are the one killing yourself?
When you're killing any other mobs, you are efficient but when it comes to RD mob, you become as useless as a dead cell phone.
The simple fact is, RD is not OP'd.
It is good as it is.
You who one or two shot yourself to death are the one's are at fault.
Was I one of them??? Yes, I was.
I freak'n HATED RD mobs.
Have I resolved my issue on RD mobs?
Not quite yet but getting there...
Don't pretend that you know everything about this game.
You only have 1 character that is level 60.
You have no understanding of how other classes work.
THEREFORE, you have no right to complain or have the right to say other people have no right to complain.
L2P??? I don't even know what that is or care about it.
All I see is a person who thinks he knows the game the best and tries to change other people's opinion.

You keep on saying "undeniable proof" like a broken record. (HA!)
Well, here is your proof.
YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH REFLECT DAMAGE!
Where's the efficiency you're talking about when you are the one killing yourself?
When you're killing any other mobs, you are efficient but when it comes to RD mob, you become as useless as a dead cell phone.

I based on my decisions on what I could observe and what were constant variables.

1.) Oh, wow, I was having a smooth run on monster power 1 at full health for 15 minutes straight, then 2 seconds later dead.

Wow. That felt pretty random. I didn't realize I was doing anything wrong. What happened?

2.) I go back to where I died, and about 90-120% of a screen away from my corpse is a reflect damage group slightly damaged. It is safe to say that the reflects damage group is a constant.

This happens more and more times, and it got frustrating.

100% of the time this happened was because of reflects damage.

But what I didn't understand:

Reflects damage didn't kill me 100% of the time.

It wasn't until further research that there was another constant variable:

3.) Everytime this happened was against a rare group.

I didn't observe that before; This was new information. The blue groups with reflects damage grant a LOT more time to pop gloom. It was the combination of reflects damage + rare group.

So I didn't have the full story when I started complaining. If it means anything, I'll humbly apologize for not having 100% of the facts. I originally didn't realize it was rare groups every time it happened. That doesn't mean reflects damage is fine. It just means that reflects damage is sometimes fine and sometimes has bugged "omg wtf was that damage". It has been recognized, it will be fixed, and fun will be restored. This thread wasn't created to brag about anything. I don't see any point in arguing and flaming further.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/19/2012 10:34 PM PST
12/19/2012 10:33 PMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
Still beating the dead horse ? lol @ glass canon scrubs :(

glass cannon?... *sigh*...
I found this:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/big-changes-coming-to-reflects-damage

I have to agree with the person who wrote this 100% I guess he is better with words than I am.

"I am 100% in agreement that it needs an obvious visual as a tip off, but I hope they don’t nerf RD entirely. If it’s just another boss modifier that’s irrelevant to anyone with decent life steal, then what’s the point?

I do agree that it’s too much damage now and too sudden; I don’t mind having to alter my play a bit to deal with the mod — that’s the whole point in having boss mods — but the lack of warning and the way it counts up from the boss and minions all at once is too punishing. I’d suggest just capping at 2 or 3 the total number of targets procing their RD at once, so that big AoE attacks aren’t instantly fatal to the attacker. My Demon Hunter can go from 100% healthy to 100% dead in just two Multishot blasts if I get the boss and several minions with the attack, and that’s pretty harsh without any visual warning other than what you might see while trying to scan the boss properties tooltip mid-battle. "
Chillaxin is a trolling crybaby. He thinks that shooting blindly is the way the game should be played. If he was a policeman he would be the one shooting into a crowd of women and children because a criminal might be present.
12/20/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Slay
Chillaxin is a trolling crybaby. He thinks that shooting blindly is the way the game should be played. If he was a policeman he would be the one shooting into a crowd of women and children because a criminal might be present.

Who would play an action RPG if you required the same hesitation of a police officer? Your analogy is hilariously god-aweful!

I play a ranged character in an action RPG. It is fun to vault around with high movement speed and fire shots everywhere!! It feels like my fireball sorceress from diablo2. So much fun!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it is "the way the game should be played" as you said in your post. I think everyone should be able to use their own favorite action RPG play-styles. The more diverse the options the better! I'm sorry that your style of slower play doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure it has its merits but I certainly wouldn't like being forced to play your way. You don't have to play my way either. Deal?

At least I've been civil, even when facing your unproductive embarrassingly rage-filled insults.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/20/2012 5:47 AM PST
look these people are not going to understand such a simple concept no matter how many times you explain it to them. hopefully blizzard will realize RD is nothing but a cage that completely kills off their goal of build diversity. I don't play my wizard anymore because trying to use storm armor against RD is pointless and not fun, so I play my DH with his one button wonder that lets me completely ignore RD. so much challenge.

(actually I'm playing Ys, a game with real difficulty)
Edited by Jars#1772 on 12/21/2012 8:00 PM PST
12/21/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Jars
(actually I'm playing Ys, a game with real difficulty)

Y's 7 is REALLY REALLY REALLY good. The music and combat is simply STUNNING!
You really are an idiot for taking a screenshot of your profile trying to prove you aren't Sweko.

I posted the screenshot to show you my elites killed and time played so you can do the math yourself. No hot-streak of yours could possibly keep up with that kind of average.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot276_zps99d3379f.jpg

All this ss proves is that you didn't waste much time screwing around farming things like machines or doing ubers. Simply running Alkaizer all day yields roughly 180-200 elites an hour depending on your pace since that count doesn't go by entire pack kills but instead counts each individual elite mob.

lf you really went balls deep and just farmed day in and day out, an average of 72 is nowhere near efficient.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/26/2012 8:33 AM PST
Now I know I dont spend a lot of time playing any longer (maybe 1-2 hours a weeks) but I dont seem to have issues with RD. Many of you will probably say my Barb sucks ... which is probably true, but hes balanced to be able to tank along on MP2. Play is slow but thats my choice. I dont have a lot of gold (~3M) and buy things on the cheap when I can find them in the AH. Yet I can still handle RD.

I focused on resists and LOH and can seem to handle RD without issue.

PS: Dont laugh at my shield or other items on my barb. =)
Surely some of you may have different experiences than my monk with the RD mechanic but personally I have no issues. Sometimes with certain combos the fights are tough...but I'd rather have a few fun battles (like say tight spots with a half dozen arcane turrets, desecrator and jailer) than no challenges whatsoever.

Noting I've only been playing since 1.0.3 yet I feel the game is plenty easy already. When I finished the game under 1.0.4 on inferno I had to respect a few times on certain boss fights. I had to change my strategies, I had to go research things on the forums a few times. I actually think being forced to change it up once in a while is good for the game.

Just my humble opinion.
Surely some of you may have different experiences than my monk with the RD mechanic but personally I have no issues. Sometimes with certain combos the fights are tough...but I'd rather have a few fun battles (like say tight spots with a half dozen arcane turrets, desecrator and jailer) than no challenges whatsoever.

Noting I've only been playing since 1.0.3 yet I feel the game is plenty easy already. When I finished the game under 1.0.4 on inferno I had to respect a few times on certain boss fights. I had to change my strategies, I had to go research things on the forums a few times. I actually think being forced to change it up once in a while is good for the game.

Just my humble opinion.

Your opinion is flawed because it doesn't support play styles that have no sustain and based on that, we must remove any variables that require sustainability. Who cares if removing said variables also removes the need for the higher EHP setups, right?

#Chillaxinlogic
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]