Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we're looking to address in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

Thank God. Those demonic tremor does heavy damage EVEN if they use defensive stance. Maybe that needs to be looked at.
Personally, my only thought to fix RD would be to make it so it can be toggled on or off. That way, those that wish to play the game without it can, and those that think it's not an issue can still have it.
12/10/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Dirk286
Personally, my only thought to fix RD would be to make it so it can be toggled on or off. That way, those that wish to play the game without it can, and those that think it's not an issue can still have it.

what? lol. How about we stop breaking the game and leave it be the way it is.
why are people complaining about reflect damage all of a sudden? ~__~
run out of things to complain about
Suddenly RD is deemed to deal too much damage? Wow.

How about molten? When will you guys suddenly decide it deals a frack load of over the top damage?
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

Wow I thought I was I was wearing a tinfoil hat when the math to me seemed a bit off and the RD would spike up for some reason.
Edited by ImSpartacus#1205 on 12/10/2012 9:14 PM PST
Community Manager
12/10/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Naz
Please don't take offense to this CM, but why was this stuff not tested? Why has it taken this long after release for the devs to acknowledge problems or unbalances like this?

Which stuff specifically? The dynamics for RD really only changed with 1.0.5 (for the reasons I talked about in the post I linked + the reduction to defensive bonuses), and I believe the bug is pretty new as well.
12/10/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Lylirra
1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player.

Lylirra, when you said "pets", does this include the Demon Hunter's Sentries and Wizard's Hydra?

Thanks.
Community Manager
12/10/2012 09:15 PMPosted by DomonKassui
Lylirra, when you said "pets", does this include the Demon Hunter's Sentries and Wizard's Hydra?

It does. :)

(You should totally read the post I liked and my follow ups in the thread! Just click the little "BLIZZ" icon and it'll take you through each of my replies.)
400k EHP isn't glass cannon, If I spent billions of gold to double my EHP It still wouldn't be enough to last more than a second against a misfire against a reflects damage group offscreen.

Reflects damage can do millions of EHP in damage every second. No one can tank millions of EHP every second.

400K EHP isnt glass cannon in mp0-1 you are right.
Nothing wrong with reflect, dont give in to qq Blizz.
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.

I have yet to ever see any barb or monk complain about it, it's always been ranged.

How often do you see ranged with the amount of defenses, loh, lifesteal, etc. that barbs and monks have? The ones that do, aren't the ones complaining.
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.

I have yet to ever see any barb or monk complain about it, it's always been ranged.

^
Having run with barb, dh, and wiz I've only had issues on dh. While the others still hurt I think the issue with dh is that their main stat does absolutely nothing vs RD. barb str gives armor to mitigate, wiz int gives AR o mitigate but dex does fckall. Monks don't have the same issue bc they get 30% reduction as melee. Being able to dodge would be the correct solution without overdoing it across the board.
rd is fine i never have a problem with it.

^

This wouldn't be a horrible idea. This wouldn't make them tanky and it would still allow them to stay alive without requiring LS on their weapon.
When I first read the title I thought this was a great post, but then I almost choked on OP's suggestions and so called 11 options.

Reflect Damage is a wonderful affix and does not need fix. This is pretty much the interesting challenge.

What I like as an improvement, is some kind of alert when the pack contains the Reflect Damage affix. I often run into one without knowing and die within seconds. If I know they are of RD type, perhaps through big red circles around them, I know how to deal with them. Just like OP said, he can drop his DPS by 400 hence he should have time to swap out to a lower DPS weapon when he is alerted (if this is his only way of dealing with reflect damage which he could think of).
Edited by Douvinsky#1811 on 12/10/2012 9:46 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]