Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

12/10/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Chillaxin
Hey guys I gear for dps and die to reflect and complain. I don't know mechanics and overshoot my survivability. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Diablo "Furioshobo" (Mystichobo#1700)
EHP Unbuffed: 508,496
world: 50K+ (barb: 50K+)
Americas: 50K+ (barb: 34826)

I have more survivability than you, and you're a barbarian who gets 3,000 bonus armor from strength.
AHAHHAHAHAHHA
Edit: You remind me of google.
Edited by Mystichobo#1700 on 12/10/2012 11:56 PM PST
AHAHHAHAHAHHA

Thanks, I love RPG's for the statistics part of it.

Another fun fact: I kill 74 elites per hour. Anyone telling me to "L2P" Needs to divide their elites killed by the amount of time they have played and start questioning themselves.
Why wanna remove /nerf reflect?

Just add a graphic indicator and make it dodge-able,problem solved. I hope they don't nerf anything beyond that.
Are you guys really THAT stupid? And i am talking about the people that are QQing about reflect damage in here...

You cry about how you got more EHP or enough EHP to face Reflect Damage but yet you don't even calculate.

You have twice my EHP? Oh how nice, but you have also twice or more than twice my damage without any proper life sustain.

See how stupid you are?

RD is not 100% fine i can agree to that but the only nerf that is really needed is the nerf on the minions. They return way to much damage because of their lack of armor.

See how stupid you are?

RD is not 100% fine i can agree to that but the only nerf that is really needed is the nerf on the minions. They return way to much damage because of their lack of armor.

Only part of nerf that I agree with.

@Chillaxin: there's more to the game than just killing elites. Ubers, quests, actually balancing your gear, hanging with friends. This isn't a job where you account for every minute.

Would love to do MP10 with you and see how long you live.
The only thing that irks me about reflect damage after pets which is being addressed is how it works with DOTs. If my DOT only triggers LOH/LS on the first attack, then I should only take reflect damage on the first attack. It seems silly that I have skills that can trigger Reflect again and again but don't get the same treatment in reverse for LOH, or LS.

With that said I'm fine either way. I've got my ways of dealing with it. If it changes and gets easier right on it's annoying at best not challenging. If it doesn't I'll keep on doing what I'm doing.
Playing all 5 classes, yes there is a problem with DH and WD/Wiz. All others classes have the possibility to play around without much trouble:

- barb: tons of possible LS, got 30% less damage as melee class
- monk: LS from both weap and 30% less damage as melee class
- wiz: CM/WW spec, you can basically stand in desec, arcane beam etc. you just cannot die. Others specs have problems to deal with RD.
- WD: even with good 4k+armor, 650+ AR (and 800+ phys res), and LS, i can kill myself in like 1 sec against some pack. Kinda ridiculous (I didn't try actually using the 2 reduc dmg passives, but that would be just ridiculous. I use one already).
- DH: spam smoke screen lol ? Its already bugged and monsters still run after me.

Players have to use some mandatory skills just to avoid this ridiculous affixes. Blizz should promote the diversity and not force players doing that.
This game is full of cheap, unforgivable mechanisms, which take out all the fun of this game.

Some interesting mechanisms in this game is the synergy between monsters. e.g. decrease player's armor, temporary buff from oculist. You blizz should further develop this aspect rather that being lazy designer.
12/11/2012 12:05 AMPosted by frisch
You have twice my EHP? Oh how nice, but you have also twice or more than twice my damage without any proper life sustain.

So let me understand this:

I have 700k EHP
I heal 5-7k life every hit. (10k more wouldn't make a difference)

Getting this far was already super expensive and has made me very tanky. It is not even close to enough to survive a couple seconds of accidentally hitting an elite group offscreen that I didn't even know was there

At high dps, The mitigation required beat reflects damage turns you into a god against everything else.
AHAHHAHAHAHHA

Thanks, I love RPG's for the statistics part of it.

Another fun fact: I kill 74 elites per hour. Anyone telling me to "L2P" Needs to divide their elites killed by the amount of time they have played and start questioning themselves.
Mhmm.
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.

I have yet to ever see any barb or monk complain about it, it's always been ranged.

As a Barb-main player, that sounds like a good idea to me.
Lol, people are complaining about LoH procs when barbarian's main spec's proc rate is 8%.

Watching monks complain when their LoH proc rate is 150% on an AOE skill..... That teliports your..... and gives you 1.5x aps.
Edited by TehCommunism#1537 on 12/11/2012 1:10 AM PST
Have you noticed or am I mistaken something. I've noticed something like this - whenever reflect affix is set first from the left on elites i die almost instantly in a blink of an eye when i start to spam bears against them. Whenever it's set as a 2nd,3rd or higher affix on elite i can manage to kill'em easily without taking minor damage. Is there a corelation between which in a row on elites reflect shows up? I'm asking just I'm courious have any one of you noticed same thing. If true is it a generall rule that placement of an affix in a row on elites counted from left have a impact on this affixe's power?.
Edited by Bart33k#2465 on 12/11/2012 1:30 AM PST
Hooray! Relfect needs a big nerf stick!
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

hellz yeah
One thing I have noticed is people take "statistics" out of hand from other sites and warp them to a disadvantage instead of changing tactics. Just because A class can't perform like B class there is a reason to complain.
oh my god... if you are dieing to reflect damage.... THEN YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A CHARACTER ON DIABLO 3... get good.... u kids cry so much this game is already easier than candyland.
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

Well all the QQers should b happy now...there removing the only challenge left in the game to make u happy...Now u can finally do 500k dps and consider 400k EHP to be "balanced" build

400k or 700k ehp should be sufficiant but what your not understanding is there is no set sufficiant amount of EHP...the higher your offence the higher your EHP should be

You cry because you have godly dps and 400 ehp is not keeping u alive...well If you have godly dps then you need to have godly EHP...If you have 400K dps then about 1.5M EHP would be balanced...You cant get 1.5M ehp? well then lower your dps alittle for defence until it is balanced...
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/11/2012 11:20 AM PST
90 Undead Hunter
Deadly, reflect runs through us every time aswell
You have 284k dps and 293 all resist?

/end thread
12/10/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
Please don't take offense to this CM, but why was this stuff not tested? Why has it taken this long after release for the devs to acknowledge problems or unbalances like this?

Which stuff specifically? The dynamics for RD really only changed with 1.0.5 (for the reasons I talked about in the post I linked + the reduction to defensive bonuses), and I believe the bug is pretty new as well.

Wasnt the reduction to defensive bonus a buff?

Or was it a nurf buff?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]