Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

Once your dps is high enough, reflects damage cannot be outgeared.

Anyone saying reflects damage is fine is just trying to make you mad.

No one believes reflects damage is balanced with the rest of the game.

Totally untrue...clearly wasn't gear issue here with the OP. He knows he can gloom and take them out with no problem. He was complaining about blindly shooting at Dmg Ref(edit) mobs offscreen and killing himself before he can gloom. It's a matter of game mechanic and play style. Every WH knows gloom > Dmg Ref(edit). OP try again and stop QQing.

And as far as 30% passive reduced dmg that Barbs and Monks get, I am pretty sure they will give it up for a spammable version of gloom =)
Edited by ec2012#1638 on 12/11/2012 11:31 AM PST
12/11/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Stealthe
You cry because you have godly dps and 400 ehp is not keeping u alive...well If you have godly dps then you need to have godly EHP...If you have 400K dps then about 1.5M EHP would be balanced...You cant get 1.5M ehp? well then lower your dps alittle for defence until it is balanced...

If you're telling me the only way to play with 400k dps is that you have to have 1.5million EHP as a requirement then I must welcome you to action RPGs. You must be new here. Welcome to a world where we enjoy getting as much defense to survive the content then using the rest of the stats to blow stuff up. Its absolutely fun. I'm glad reflects damage is going to be fixed :)
So, you kill 74 elites per hour and complain about RD? How can you even consider complaining?
LTP.

Carry an extra weapon specifically for reflect.

That has just got to be one of the most stupidest suggestion I've ever came across here. You're saying that you should switch to a worse weapon, a feature that Blizzard doesn't even support, in order to survive one single affix, yet the mechanic is NOT broken?!
12/11/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Neekola88
So, you kill 74 elites per hour and complain about RD? How can you even consider complaining?

I don't know, because reflect damage is not only broken, but also stupid?
You cry because you have godly dps and 400 ehp is not keeping u alive...well If you have godly dps then you need to have godly EHP...If you have 400K dps then about 1.5M EHP would be balanced...You cant get 1.5M ehp? well then lower your dps alittle for defence until it is balanced...

If you're telling me the only way to play with 400k dps is that you have to have 1.5million EHP as a requirement then I must welcome you to action RPGs. You must be new here. Welcome to a world where we enjoy getting as much defense to survive the content then using the rest of the stats to blow stuff up. Its absolutely fun. I'm glad reflects damage is going to be fixed :)

Welcome to the world of gaming...In case this is your first game ever played I will let you in on a secret. Games are supposed to have these things called "challenges"...these"challenges" are there to stop noobs from facerolling the game...I guess we know where you fit into the equation.Why cant we go back to days of games like ninja gaiden were qqers just quit and the true gamers were all that could beat it instead of crying "nurf"

Dont let my post stop you though...Im sure you will be replying with the same nonsence you have been posting the whole time...go play solitaire even though you will likely claim they need to nurf it as well to accomodate your lack of "skill"
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/11/2012 11:38 AM PST
YEAAHHH ! Scrubs win again! This game will just get easier and easier....
12/11/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Stealthe
Welcome to the world of gaming...In case this is your first game ever played I will let you know games are supposed to have these things called "challenges"...these"challenges" are there to stop noobs from facerolling the game...I gues we know where you fit into the equation

I find it amusing that, not only does people pick a hack&slash game when they want to play something challenging, they also think that it is.

Pressing '1' to pop Gloom is not a challenge.
Let me get this straight OP. You play a DH and complain about reflect? You're joking right? On top of all the gear options at your disposal there are so many skills that lessen the effect of RD at your disposal. I mean good God, there's Shadow Power for a start that you can rune for 25% Life Leech. Oh and check this out, there's this skill called preparation that restores your discipline with a chance to not trigger the CD. You might wanna check that !@#$ out! There's also other life leech skills when coupled with the right gear makes RD a laughable monster buff. Any DH worth a damn uses Shadow Power before even engaging a pack of blues or a yellow until you know it's safe. Life on hit, Life regen, Life leech %, Life after kill, - Damage from elites... Come on dude, the list goes on and on. Oh and leave the melee folks alone, they got it toughest. You see zillions of DH players like you and I running about and very few melees for a reason. It is a hard class to play so give them a break, yeah?

In closing, it is next to impossible for a skilled player to die with a properly geared DH.
This game is getting easier every patch... Its a shame.
Yeh it is stupid, remove it, make it weaker, Diablo himself is stupid too, why wouldn't blizz make him weaker? Of course you should get one shotted if you are not paying attention i am quite sure that every single player can deal with RD, use less damage on that particular pack and fly through the rest.... Why does everything need to be "adjusted" so that you can piss all over the game and afterwards still stay that game is too easy, even though it was we, the players who complained the most and asked for those very nerfs.
12/11/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Vresiberba
Welcome to the world of gaming...In case this is your first game ever played I will let you know games are supposed to have these things called "challenges"...these"challenges" are there to stop noobs from facerolling the game...I gues we know where you fit into the equation

I find it amusing that, not only does people pick a hack&slash game when they want to play something challenging, they also think that it is.

Pressing '1' to pop Gloom is not a challenge.

The hack/slash part is not a challenge but apparently balancing a build is...and just an fyi in all games you press buttons
ranged classes tend to not know how to gear around it unlike the melee counter parts :)
Demon Hunters!

Toggle on perfectionalist take shadow power with 35% dr and more life on hit and have some of the other multiple ways to get life regen or life on hit or %life per damage. I promise you that if you don't spam an entire mob rd will not kill you. I only attack when shadow power is active and I heal myself on the mobs everytime and yes I'm doing over 100k dps even 200k the odd time.
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

Can you guys please not nerf RD? I really don't want to easy mode the game on the hardest difficulty...
I agree high dps players can't out "Life Steal" Reflect damage + monster's own damage, even sometimes with 6% life steal with some Rare elites, I just don't understand why some RD really hurts a lot but some does not? why? just wondering...
Can we just rename reflect damage to.. I suck at this game?
12/11/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Stealthe
...and just an fyi in all games you press buttons

Yeah, don't you know it all.
@OP, how can you, in the same breath, claim that one is both "overgeared" for high MP inferno and unable to deal with reflect mobs? Reflect mobs are a part of the game; they add difficulty; they are something one must deal with. Complaining about them does not change the fact that your build is not powerful and balanced enough to handle them.

Reflect mobs are part of high MP inferno. If one has a difficult time dealing with reflect mobs in high MP inferno, they are in fact by definition NOT "overgeared" for high MP inferno. A truly "overgeared" player would have no issues dealing with reflect mobs. What exactly is your definition of "overgeared"? I wonder...

What it seems you are REALLY lobbying for is a nerf to reflect mobs that WILL in fact make DPS-heavy players who are undergeared for high MP inferno--because they've built one-dimensional toons--suddenly and easily overgeared in an environment where all they'd need to really focus on would be pure damage dealing.
12/11/2012 11:45 AMPosted by magiofchaos
ranged classes tend to not know how to gear around it unlike the melee counter parts :)

What's that, school classes or...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]