Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

Gloom > Reflect Damage
Not to sound all troll-like but I feel there is nothing wrong with reflect damage. I've never had an issue with any of my toons as long as I took the time to gear them properly. You don't have to buy overpriced legends to do this either. Most people want to focus on damage output first instead of survivability. Flip that around and problem solved. You might not be able to bring mobs down as fast (you will bring them down though) but you won't die all the time either. I deleted my 250K unbuffed glass cannon DH (lvl 50 paragon) and started from scratch on the build I use now. She's doing a lot less damage but she can take a lot of hits with no issues.

Before anyone says how stupid it was that I deleted a lvl 50P toon, I know. All I can say is that when I start something, I like to start from the very bottom and I knew that the new build would be getting all the DH playtime.
Wow so you pussies succeeded in getting the last challenging affix nerfed. Grats.
12/11/2012 11:46 AMPosted by AlCortez
I agree high dps players can't out "Life Steal" Reflect damage + monster's own damage, even sometimes with 6% life steal with some Rare elites, I just don't understand why some RD really hurts a lot but some does not? why? just wondering...

No he can...He just didn't "gloom" in time lol....FYI Life Steal works best when you have the higher dps. Otherwise, Life per Hit is you best bet.
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

The only real complaint I have regarding reflect mobs is the surprise-factor. Especially on my demon hunter there have been times where my long range attacks have killed me before I ever had a fair chance to notice that pack of reflect mobs over yonder. I'd like to see a warning/debuff icon similar to what's been implemented with desecration just to give us a heads up in the fray.

While it's true that one can usually tell indirectly that they are attacking a reflect mob when tons of small red numbers start to tick really rapidly above their toon's head, often there is so much going on visually and one is so occupied with reacting to the mess of enemies right in front of them that these ticks can easily become lost and go unnoticed until it is too late.

I assume the devs want players seeking out massive battles that verge on the border of overwhelming visual activity, and a clear reflect-mob warning of some sort would contribute to this while largely eliminating the rage-inducing oh-guess-what-you're-suddenly-dead occurrences.
Chill,

The only way i know of to deal with RD on the DH is the perma gloom build. Can be done with stacking disc with new nats and deadmans or with leg nats. Can also be done with a 60% CC and nightstalker. I use the last option and I have no other Leech on my toon RD is not an issue unless I am unable to attack aka waller etc.

As for the offscreen and not reading the affixis before attacking = death. Blizz needs to make RD much more visable and do something to keep us from killing ourselves with somthing we dont even know is there. If this mod is going to stay in the game, RD needs to be apparent and unable to kill from offscreen.

Lastly, for those recomending LOH to mitigate RD, the DH class has horrible proc rates for loh. Our aoe skills go as low as 17 loh per 100 points stacked. Very few DH use the mod becasue it's worthless for us.
12/11/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Vresiberba
...and just an fyi in all games you press buttons

Yeah, don't you know it all.

Can you stop trolling and add alittle more to your input...If your gonna reply with garbage at least make it somethin worth reading
It should be passed on to the devs that a portion of the community enjoys the fact that the affix can be challenging and hence makes us use new strategies to defeat those packs. I don't think RD should be reduced to a level where LS > RD for anyone's stats, since that would completely nullify the affix.

My other opinion is that Avenger should be buffed to increase strategy for taking on those packs- aka you don't want to take out two of a pack without severely injuring the last one, because it will be uber-enraged.
12/11/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Porksausage
Reflect mobs are part of high MP inferno. If one has a difficult time dealing with reflect mobs in high MP inferno, they are in fact by definition NOT "overgeared" for high MP inferno. A truly "overgeared" player would have no issues dealing with reflect mobs. What exactly is your definition of "overgeared"? I wonder...

You clearly don't understand the problem here. I'm 'overgeared' for the difficulty I'm playing too, because of one single reason; reflect damage. It's the only thing that can even remotely harm my hero, it's the only thing I ever die to, but I can't increase the difficulty because then the game becomes unplayable and I don't want to decrease it either because then the game becomes ridiculously easy.

I was levelling an alt Demon Hunter last week and when I reached Hell, Act II/lvl 60, I died to RD with gear I completely faceroll Inferno with. How anyone can possibly not agree that this is broken, is utterly mind boggling.
12/11/2012 11:49 AMPosted by badb0y
Wow so you pussies succeeded in getting the last challenging affix nerfed. Grats.

QFT. I don't even notice plagued anymore and even mortar and desecrator only need to be dodged if they're stacked by multiple enemies.

reflect damage. It's the only thing that can even remotely harm my hero, it's the only thing I ever die to, but I can't increase the difficulty because then the game becomes unplayable and I don't want to decrease it either because then the game becomes ridiculously easy.

I was levelling an alt Demon Hunter last week and when I reached Hell, Act II/lvl 60, I died to RD with gear I completely faceroll Inferno with. How anyone can possibly not agree that this is broken, is utterly mind boggling.

So the solution needs to be to bring the rest of Inferno UP to that level. People have whined the difficulty down so far that the only thing remotely threatening is YOUR OWN DAMAGE. How ridiculous is that?
Edited by Zoid#1297 on 12/11/2012 12:02 PM PST
12/11/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Stealthe

Yeah, don't you know it all.

Can you stop trolling and add alittle more to your input...If your gonna reply with garbage at least make it somethin worth reading

Practise what you preach, brother. Take a look at what i quoted and think for a minute, it will become clear to you why I wrote what I did.
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.
I have yet to ever see any barb or monk complain about it, it's always been ranged.

the reason most melee toons dont complain is we have much higher loh or life steal + defense attributes that the effects of reflect arent as bad that of a ranged toon. Not that it only affects you
What's reflect damage? Balance your build and you won't have an issue with it. Out of my 5 LvL 60 chars only one is having to contend with RD, my one week old WD and that's because I need to fine tune him still.

Another thing OP may want to consider.....Bliz reads these posts and if a vocal minority harps about RD they may nerf it........This will get the ire of a silent majority who have invested time (hopefully not real $$) and experience in gearing their characters to defend against RD and other nasty affixes.

Personally I was happy to discover that enrage timers do still exist (at least for the Vengeful Eye Ubers)
12/11/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Reflect mobs are part of high MP inferno. If one has a difficult time dealing with reflect mobs in high MP inferno, they are in fact by definition NOT "overgeared" for high MP inferno. A truly "overgeared" player would have no issues dealing with reflect mobs. What exactly is your definition of "overgeared"? I wonder...

You clearly don't understand the problem here. I'm 'overgeared' for the difficulty I'm playing too, because of one single reason; reflect damage. It's the only thing that can even remotely harm my hero, it's the only thing I ever die to, but I can't increase the difficulty because then the game becomes unplayable and I don't want to decrease it either because then the game becomes ridiculously easy.

Then you sir don't understand rpg's; if your going to deal out 100 - 200k damage like me then you better not "let it rain" for 700% wep damage and you better use shadow power, perfectionalist and my hungry arrow to easily, easily take down rd minions. The 30% damage reduction is just crucial for inferno runs. If you are dying to rd minions good luck with the chaos runs. There not even hard.
They should make RD ignore defense. Straight up each time you hit a RD mob you deal 10% of the damage done to you unmitagatable. We want challenge right?
12/11/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Zoid

QFT. I don't even notice plagued anymore and even mortar and desecrator only need to be dodged if they're stacked by multiple enemies.

reflect damage. It's the only thing that can even remotely harm my hero, it's the only thing I ever die to, but I can't increase the difficulty because then the game becomes unplayable and I don't want to decrease it either because then the game becomes ridiculously easy.

So the solution needs to be to bring the rest of Inferno UP to that level. People have whined the difficulty down so far that the only thing remotely threatening is YOUR OWN DAMAGE. How ridiculous is that?

That is what MP is for.

Oh I understand the "problem" perfectly. You don't want to have to deal with something that works against your DPS, because you want to purely DPS your way through the game with very little worry about anything else. However, that pesky reflect affix keeps you from being able to address any and all situations with a one dimensional setup. Well, guess what? Your character has NOT arrived at that point yet where you can claim to be overgeared because there are still packs of mobs that own your butt. So stop trying to lobby your way into god status. Stop claiming to be overgeared when things are still killing you. Change your gear appropriately, adjust, and stop trying to complain your way to the removal all remaining barriers and challenges dude.
Edited by Porksausage#1160 on 12/11/2012 12:15 PM PST
Umm, I have yet to die to any reflect damage mobs.

Nothing a little running away can't handle. :)
Then you sir don't understand rpg's...

The irony of that statement is [insert mighty superlative here].
12/11/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Porksausage
Oh I understand the "problem" perfectly.

Obviously not. I don't know if it has dawned upon you yet, but there's a blue post in this very thread saying that 1) reflect damage is currently NOT doing what Blizzard intended and 2) reflect damage is bugged and does TOO MUCH damage.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]