Diablo® III

11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

so many NOOBS dont know how to deal with challenges in the game so they come to the forums to cry. Reflect dmg does about 5% to you. If you have lifesteal, reflect damage doesn't even phase you. Getting a 2.5% life steal weap will reduce reflect damage's effect on you by HALF. l2p
12/11/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Oh I understand the "problem" perfectly.

Obviously not. I don't know if it has dawned upon you yet, but there's a blue post in this very thread saying that 1) reflect damage is currently NOT doing what Blizzard intended and 2) reflect damage is bugged and does TOO MUCH damage.

Oh i see that you now choose to defer to the blues who have finally caved under the weight of so much whining and lash out at those of us who actually enjoy challenges as you are now armed with their consolations. That's pretty rodent-like brah. Oh and you know, it'd also be nice if you'd endorse a thought or opinion of your own from time to time.
Oh I understand the "problem" perfectly.

Obviously not. I don't know if it has dawned upon you yet, but there's a blue post in this very thread saying that 1) reflect damage is currently NOT doing what Blizzard intended and 2) reflect damage is bugged and does TOO MUCH damage.

Dont know if its dawned on you yet that blizzard is simply catering to you whiners.It isnt doing what blizz intended...Blizz intends for every noob to faceroll through the game or they will be here whining about it

And isnt it odd that its always the same players starting these threads...how many threads have you started on this OP?I know Ive seen multiple of them...

WHat did you think the blue was gonna come here and argue with you? Of course not its useless...the other 99% of the player base have already told you how to overcome but its a lost cause...So what would be the point of the blue arguing...It would be like arguing with hamster
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/11/2012 12:54 PM PST
12/11/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Dekar
so many NOOBS dont know how to deal with challenges in the game so they come to the forums to cry. Reflect dmg does about 5% to you. If you have lifesteal, reflect damage doesn't even phase you. Getting a 2.5% life steal weap will reduce reflect damage's effect on you by HALF. l2p

This^^
It tones down the severity of it. But then again I have a friend that uses Spike Trap w/ Echoing Blast rune and he gets 1 or 2 shot when the mob having RD takes a pause on it.
To me, Reflect Damage isn't a problem. It's the #$YU^&($&$%^#$&#%^&! Arcane Lazers!!

Tone down the Lazer damage. It's rediculous no matter what your Armor and Resistance. Anyone who has had a Lazer under their feet when they were jailed or frozen or trapped in a wall (due to the "blue" elites having the most odd placement of walls) or all combined into 1, will tell you that it is the 1 thing sure to equal your instant demise. I have nightmares about those freakin' lazers.
12/11/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Porksausage
Oh and you know, it'd also be nice if you'd endorse a thought or opinion of your own from time to time.

How about this for a thought; when you find a weapon that does more damage, it's supposed to be an upgrade. Easy enough?
12/11/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Stealthe
Dont know if its dawned on you yet that blizzard is simply catering to you whiners.It isnt doing what blizz intended...Blizz intends for every noob to faceroll through the game or they will be here whining about it

Yeah, right, that's why they introduced MP, I suppose, and unless you faceroll MP10 there's nothing a correction of one single but broken affix is going to affect you.
Oh and you know, it'd also be nice if you'd endorse a thought or opinion of your own from time to time.

How about this for a thought; when you find a weapon that does more damage, it's supposed to be an upgrade. Easy enough?

If he weapon has more dps but less or no life steal than it isnt an upgrade its a downgrade...I know this is hard for you to comprehend but theres more to items than just dps

And they introduced mp lvls so that noob glass canons can stay where its easy and they can faceroll in mp0 while the advanced players who know how to gear can move up
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/11/2012 1:07 PM PST

That's a bunch of BS...

I recently upped my DPS by a lot for me and before I never had problem with RD while doing MP8 keys/uber run (my old DPS was 115K)...now that I'm hitting close to 200K I end up in a world of hurt against RD...that's with the 5.0 LS from my skorn or 2.7LS from my off hand (when I weapon switch to DW)...in fact I'm being forced into a high LoH ring/ammy combo just against RD packs on MP8+...

How is this not a broken mechanic in the game is beyond me...having to carry 3 extra pieces of gear in my inventory just b/c I chose to up my DPS...

That's a bunch of BS...

I recently upped my DPS by a lot for me and before I never had problem with RD while doing MP8 keys/uber run (my old DPS was 115K)...now that I'm hitting close to 200K I end up in a world of hurt against RD...that's with the 5.0 LS from my skorn or 2.7LS from my off hand (when I weapon switch to DW)...in fact I'm being forced into a high LoH ring/ammy combo just against RD packs on MP8+...

How is this not a broken mechanic in the game is beyond me...having to carry 3 extra pieces of gear in my inventory just b/c I chose to up my DPS...

When you doubled your dps did you double your defense? I guess not and you likely gave up defence to get that DPS...now your unbalanced...thus reflect is workin as intended
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/11/2012 1:12 PM PST
So, now that I got my EHP up, you're going to nerf RD? Ugh, Guess I can give myself an extra 50k dps and enjoy the nerf.

5%!? Hah, you know when I one-shot myself doing 150k damage, I would only need 7.5k life to survive before mitigation and I could swear I have five times that.
12/11/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Stealthe
If he weapon has more dps but less or no life steal than it isnt an upgrade its a downgrade...

So I'm told.
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.
I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

one thing id like to point out is 85% of the monsters/mobs spawned have this RD affixed to them. Putting this on a lesser accouring scale would help alot especially in hardcore mode. I've lost a lot of heros and many friends have lost due to this . i watched a stream of a mage in d3 dieing at least 25-30 times in 3-4 hours to RD . putting a cap on reflect damage would help alot. ive suggested making a cap and then becoming immune to said Rd for x amount of time. even diminishing returns for rd would help in higher mp.
Also, a small change in the way monsters put out offensive things would help alot. I had 1 gold champ put out 5 arcane beams all at 1 time . limiting the amount or not allowing another to be cast till that one spell has ran its timer would help as well.
Posted by Stealthe
...advanced players who know how to gear can move up

I'm going to type something I have never, ever typed in my whole life and yes, I'm going to dedicate it to you;

LOL
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 12/11/2012 1:18 PM PST
If your oneshotting yourself thats different...life steal wont help you because reflect processes first...Which I will agree that should be fixed...

And oddly I dont even see anything in your profile other than a lvl 0 monk...so are you just trollin?

And as far as dedicating this If you dedicated armor and res all to your char that you claim exists but nobody can see you wouldnt be on here QQing...

You see the day the first forum opened the first troll was born...they have fought a fierce battle...Im sure you make your ancestors proud...but as a troll you are treated with no respectand no pitty...You have no DH that can be viewed and your here complaining and when people try to help you you get offended...Instead of trolling this thread why not take advise and spend your time gearing properly or even just go away?
Edited by Stealthe#1993 on 12/11/2012 1:29 PM PST
12/11/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Stealthe

That's a bunch of BS...

When you doubled your dps did you double your defense? I guess not and you likely gave up defence to get that DPS...now your unbalanced...thus reflect is workin as intended

No I'm not unbalanced, my armor/AR and VIT stayed the same as before...I run the same LS only thing I didn't do is replace my 600LoH I previously had as part of my regular set up. So I run the same defensive set up as before with upped DPS and pay the price...working as intended huh...meant to keep people with lower DPS I guess?

I am not a noob and can deal with challenges in this game. Like yourself I am also a barbarian. Unlike yourself I have much higher DPS (not being snide or insulting). Higher DPS makes all the world of difference with RD. I can tell you emphatically that above 200k DPS if mobs are reflecting and I activate WoTB and lay into them with HotA, I can very often get one shot. No amount of Lifesteal is saving me from that.

I don't have a problem with the affix. However, I think there needs to be some very clear visual indicator that lets me know when they are reflecting so I can scale back DPS, run for the hills, anything other than start spamming massive damage.
Edited by Northern#1939 on 12/11/2012 1:25 PM PST
12/11/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Stealthe
And oddly I dont even see anything in your profile other than a lvl 0 monk...so are you just trollin?

Aren't you an advanced player?
OP has 60k hp/4k armor... he's hardly a glass cannon. I like how people are calling him a glass cannon even though their own EHP is probably around the same!

I think 1 is good. Dexterity being worthless against RD alone makes it a crap mitigation stat vs str and int.

3 is good too. Life leech is only found on weapons and that is highly restrictive. Allow it to be on rings and gloves... like D2!

I also like 10.

And that's all we really need, or just any of the ones I picked.

Personally I think we could do without RD, and before anyone gets on my case...
EHP Unbuffed: 1,043,003
world: 8900(monk: 2354)
Americas: 3421 (monk: 604)

I used to have more, but you know, who the hell wants to kill with 35k dps? Clearly I didn't balance my character when I doubled my dps while dropping some EHP, and thus I should be a terrible person that deserves to be punished with RD! So if I want 150k dps, I'll need 2 mil EHP excluding OWE? lol.

And the funny thing is the advice is always drop resists/health for more dps. Hmmph.
Edited by ArchonWing#1480 on 12/11/2012 1:39 PM PST

No I'm not unbalanced, my armor/AR and VIT stayed the same as before...I run the same LS only thing I didn't do is replace my 600LoH I previously had as part of my regular set up. So I run the same defensive set up as before with upped DPS and pay the price...working as intended huh...meant to keep people with lower DPS I guess?

You said it yourself...You doubled your dps but didnt touch your defense...So now your build is off balance and that is what reflect is showing you
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]