Diablo® III

This wait for PvP is getting silly. Really.

Diablo 3 has been out almost SEVEN MONTHS. It was upsetting to most that PvP wasn't there to begin with, but over half a year with this game and still no PvP has been nearly damning in my opinion.

I play Diablo 3 because I like the game, I think it's a polished system and I love the physics/combat. I am going to get 100 Paragon.

But I've already lost respect for Blizzard at this point. It's bittersweet to care about a successful company, because if you stop caring, they don't have to respond in any way.

Regardless, as a player, I am very disappointed now. I'd be upset, but it's taken me beyond that to the point where I'm just losing interest in the whole thing, and it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth when I think about Blizzard as a company anymore.

So I hope they get this message and take it to heart. I'm sure they're trying hard to get us a great experience, but a delay of this magnitude is almost inexcusable, and it's befuddling when they are so quiet about why it's taking so long. I don't want to see this game crash and burn before it reaches its potential, but the grind isn't going to work much longer for most people. It's just not, and you'll end up with too little, too late for a game that could have been great. There's a point where people will move onto the next game. And I expect it won't be another Blizzard game(at least it won't be for me, anyways).
Reply Quote
I play Diablo 3 because I like the game, I think it's a polished system and I love the physics/combat. I am going to get 100 Paragon.

But I've already lost respect for Blizzard at this point.

Haha...this quote perfectly represents Blizzard fans. You like the game, you are going to play the heck out of it, all the way to Paragon 100...yet you hate creators of this game...

Don't any of you think that maybe...just maybe...that with the MASSIVE negative response to the game that they kinda want to make sure PvP is pretty good. They probably had a plan to get PvP out in less than 3 months, but with all this negative feedback, they probably wanted to take it back into development to make it even better to make people happy.

or...

PvP is horribly unbalanced and they are having issues trying to find a way to balance it without breaking their own rule of "PvP not ruining the PvE game."
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Connatic
Haha...this quote perfectly represents Blizzard fans.

Some of you guys reach so much with garbage like this.

"Represents Blizzard fans?"

Well I am a huge Blizzard fan, and this does not represent me OK.
Reply Quote

But I've already lost respect for Blizzard at this point.

Haha...this quote perfectly represents Blizzard fans. You like the game, you are going to play the heck out of it, all the way to Paragon 100...yet you hate creators of this game...

Don't any of you think that maybe...just maybe...that with the MASSIVE negative response to the game that they kinda want to make sure PvP is pretty good. They probably had a plan to get PvP out in less than 3 months, but with all this negative feedback, they probably wanted to take it back into development to make it even better to make people happy.

or...

PvP is horribly unbalanced and they are having issues trying to find a way to balance it without breaking their own rule of "PvP not ruining the PvE game."

I don't think you understand that things can be relative.

Diablo 3 IMO is a good game. But we can still lose respect for the creators for not being the game we thought it would be. Sure it's not "garbage" but will we fans buy a Blizzard game just because it's made by Blizzard anymore? Probably not. Those days are over now.

I've lost respect for the creators because of various reasons that don't matter whether the game is "good" or not.

Also, losing respect doesn't mean I have ZERO respect for them. It just means I have less than before D3 came out.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 11:48 PMPosted by senorhosh
but will we fans buy a Blizzard game just because it's made by Blizzard anymore? Probably not. Those days are over now.

I dont think that I ever did this, and I have played their games going back to the orig Warcraft.
Reply Quote
Its false advertising if you ask me, PVP was half the reason this game most of use bought this game, its even on the box that came with the game. 7 months is way to long a wait.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Freakshow
Its false advertising if you ask me, PVP was half the reason this game most of use bought this game, its even on the box that came with the game. 7 months is way to long a wait.

I just hope you realize that this affects every single player equally.

Believe me I want PVP as much as the next guy, or even probably far more in most cases.

But in the end all we can do is wait, and complaining about it likely won't do much.

Don't you think by now that they know how much some of us want PVP?
Reply Quote

I've lost respect for the creators because of various reasons that don't matter whether the game is "good" or not.

Also, losing respect doesn't mean I have ZERO respect for them. It just means I have less than before D3 came out.
Reply Quote
So then PvP should've been their top priority. Where they would bust their butts to get it out in patch 1.0.1. Then everything else would've revolved around PvP. All other patches would be purely PvP, huh.

How dare Blizz change their priorities and fix major issues that the players were having with this game. Before releasing PvP. Heck I guess they could've even decided to wait to handle server stability bug issues and get all people working on it round the clock, huh.

I say it was a good idea for them to change their priorities and handle the issues that they did handle. Adding in the needed content to this game. Because believe it or not. PvP would not have saved this game if that was the first thing that they were working on after release.

I have no doubt that at first Blizz had intended to release PvP way before the year's end. But the glaring flaws came up, flaws that for some reason they did not see. Probably due to the fact that they are too close to their game. They needed fresh unbiased minds to help them get this game to where it is today. In fact that is the way Blizz North did it as well. Blizz North was not the sole factor in making D2 a great success. It was a team effort between the devs and the players.

They knew that they had to put PvP on the back burner until they solved those issues. That is a wise move IMO.
Reply Quote
To be fair, most of the kids that got the game and hated everything about it at launch are now off playing their new polished turd...

black ops 2!
Edited by Beed#1450 on 12/9/2012 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
JAY WILSON, YOU FREAKING LIAR SAID PVP WILL BE RELEASED WITHIN THIS YEAR, YOU LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]