Diablo® III

MP Lvl's and Straffe Build..........

1.) Do you para lvl the same on MP1 as you would on MP10? (probably a dumb question)

2.) In my Straffe build, what is the best way for me to keep up my hatred? I find myself ALL the time running out of Hatred and me having to run around waiting for it to replenish. I know I could buy Crit Staffe % on my Chest piece, and hatred regen but is there anything else? What other gear has Hatred regen?

3.) Is this build only good for farming low MP levels? I tried this on an UBERS run MP7 LOL. Lets just say a terrible idea. I ran out of Hatred quicker than you can say "Hatred"

Thanks for the tips! Cheers!
Reply Quote
It doesn't look like you have enough crit chance on your gear for strafe. You need 45+ total to keep strafe up using nightstalker for discipline for preparation + punishment. You should also have at least 8.x hatred regen. This is easy with a DML and bat companion. The most key thing when starting a strafe build is to keep your APS as low as possible. strive for about keep it close to 1.4 when you start. I would also recommend using the Rocket Storm rune for strafe because it will generate 6 projectiles that can crit instead of the typical 4. Additionally you will need at least 12% MS, 24% is preferred because strafe has a MS reduction on it, but this allows you to keep up with mobs and keep criting to regen discipline from nightstalker.

Primary attacks like bola + volatile explosives can be useful for quickly regenerating discipline and hatred when you are low. I would recommend getting some nat boots right now, that will give you MS and 7% more crit chance, and you should see a huge improvement with strafe.
Reply Quote
Thanks! Awesome info!

Anyone on the 1st question please?

and whats APS? "keep your APS as low as possible"
Reply Quote
attacks per second. keep it low so you dont burn your hatred so quickly
Reply Quote
best and most efficient way to para level is on mp0-2 keep it low so you can kill faster.
Reply Quote
APS is Attacks Per Second. try keeping items that give "Increased Attack Speed by X%" to a minimum until you break 50% crit chance and really get into the flow of how to use strafe well. Even if they give you a lot more sheet dps, it is more important to up your crit chance to maintain strafe via discipline regen than it is to deal huge numbers.

I run with 53.5% crit chance and 1.59APS now. I also have 24% MS, and have been using strafe for a long time. With strafe there is a limit to how high you want your APS to be before getting more crit chance. At the moment I would like another 3-4% crit chance on my build to feel comfortable to keep strafe up 100% of the time while in combat based on my current attack speed.
Reply Quote
Yep, jog is correct... most of the time we go XP run (best in MP1) together with other DH using strafe build (which is Rocket Barrage build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#dVSahX!feZ!cYYcZc) like myself. As for higher MP, i used also strafe together with Chain of Torment on MP9 (build u can see in my profile).

cheers!!
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 10:39 AMPosted by DirkGently
It doesn't look like you have enough crit chance on your gear for strafe. You need 45+ total to keep strafe up using nightstalker for discipline for preparation + punishment. You should also have at least 8.x hatred regen. This is easy with a DML and bat companion. The most key thing when starting a strafe build is to keep your APS as low as possible. strive for about keep it close to 1.4 when you start. I would also recommend using the Rocket Storm rune for strafe because it will generate 6 projectiles that can crit instead of the typical 4. Additionally you will need at least 12% MS, 24% is preferred because strafe has a MS reduction on it, but this allows you to keep up with mobs and keep criting to regen discipline from nightstalker.

Having more discipline is useful but getting a +10disc from a Stone of Jordan is sufficient to use activate Punishment when Hatred runs low. Many Strafe users use Vengeance. Getting gear with pickup radius is more useful as Vengeance triggers more often to gain Hatred and Disc.

I run with APS from 1.66 to 1.85 with different rings when Strafing and Hatred management is a non-issue. While higher APS does drain Hatred faster, you also kill mobs faster (with higher DPS). It's all down to Hatred management and how fast you kill before running out of Hatred. Having low APS as a pre-requisite to start Strafe is pretty much unfounded. That said, it's another story altogether for bow/1h bow users.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 05:58 PMPosted by cazwu

Having more discipline is useful but getting a +10disc from a Stone of Jordan is sufficient to use activate Punishment when Hatred runs low. Many Strafe users use Vengeance. Getting gear with pickup radius is more useful as Vengeance triggers more often to gain Hatred and Disc.

I run with APS from 1.66 to 1.85 with different rings when Strafing and Hatred management is a non-issue. While higher APS does drain Hatred faster, you also kill mobs faster (with higher DPS). It's all down to Hatred management and how fast you kill before running out of Hatred. Having low APS as a pre-requisite to start Strafe is pretty much unfounded. That said, it's another story altogether for bow/1h bow users.

Yes, it is possible with a 1-hander or fast bow. You are pretty much required to use archery and a 1-hander to get that additional 10% crit chance, plus as much crit chance as possible from gear. Faster your attack speed gets the most difficult it becomes to manage.

Once you understand how to manage it, higher attack speeds (such as the ones we run at) are possible, just not advisable to a beginner.
Reply Quote
You can take a look at my build and I never run out of hatred especially In High mp levels I tried mp6 with some friends and are pretty easy honestly and I'm strafing on top of poison molten etc and on top of the elite and spamming shadow glide and sometime I'm not even spamming shadow power because of the my life regen and steal plus my knockback.

It works in high MP cuz of marked for death mortal enemy which gives +3 hatred when you hit the target(I think I'm at 9 hatred/sec not including mortal enemy) and added with night stalker both my pools never gets low. The way to use mortal enemy in low mp is to cast it on mobs that have the higher health or elites if hey come In and start strafing, you will see a huge difference or just hit them with a couple arrow/or bolas and your hatred will replenish so fast.

But I usually just use the build to farm and xp on mp1 and 2. I use perfectionist for high mp then tactical adv. for low mp. And gloom and shadow glide I use interchangeably depending how I feel that day but I feel gloom is only needed in high mp if you don't have the resist or hp.

If your cc is low the. I'd suggest an soj and nat embrace with strafe cc on it.

Of anyone ever decided to go high mp with build you need 400-450 resist and 40k hp. Luckily last night I found in a pants with 76 AR!! Huge difference

One thing is that I don't know how thing will work if you don't have 65 discipline as I do or a legacy nat.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 12/9/2012 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
when i play my strafe build i'd usually go with +14 pickup radius for the insane hatred regeneration ofvengeance. im running 1.83 aps and 10 hatred/sec havent run out of hatred ONCE so much that i actually take backup plan rather then punishment. ill also run 50 discipline since my build consists mostly of SP with the MS rune and vault.
i'd be running at over 100% move speed the entire run without running out of hatred or discipline spamming vault as much as possible.

even tho this build gives me good results i find the BL build much more efficient(netting me 72m/hr) with alot faster runs. strafe is more of an EZ mode to me. hope this helped =].
Reply Quote
WOW no idea how u get 72mil exp an hr with BL build itried both and even if i dont pick up yellows or search whole map i dont get anywhere near that amount.

With strafe build i feel that i go so much faster, BL build maybe at a high MP lvl but with my current gear i wouldnt go pass MP2 for para lvling.
Reply Quote
@saitoh, i play mp0 . the trick is to have high disc+CC+pickup radius for vengeance and to
never stutter, just Vault+BL. i rarely run out of disc so i manage to keep 84% move speed the ENTIRE run wioutth strafe lowering it. also 1hko all whites and 4~5 second elite kills help.

edit: just timed 6:30 alk run. starting exp 31,140,952- end exp 40,994,840: total exp gained ~~9,840,00 roughly= 90m exp an hour. ofcourse you need to take off of it quite a bit time because of restart game and fixing gear and whatnot. still nets me INSANE amounts of exp tho.
Edited by Nyg8#2763 on 12/10/2012 1:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
i've been using strafe for long time, in order to unlimited strafe

1) use punishment
2) vengance with high pickup radius, i'm 47 pickup radius, almost din see any gold / health globe on floor
3) get cloak with hatred regen.
4) use passive, night stalker, vengance and tactical advantage to move fast
Reply Quote
@nyg8 do you mind making a clip on 1 run just so i can see how it works Oo i have !@#$ter gear yet it still takes me well over 15 mins per alk run ... if i compare gear it shouldnt take me longer then 10mins thou ..
Reply Quote
@saitoh you can add me in game and ill gladly show you. sadly, im using a crappy laptop and am contantly at 400 ms atleast so making a clip would be impossible.

also, your gear is far worse then mine, if youll look you can see im using a SoJ ring which adds 27% elite dmg and since white mobs get 1hko anyway i have about 1.4x your dps. and a 12% ele arrow dmg DML which adds alot to my eDPS aswell.
Edited by Nyg8#2763 on 12/10/2012 3:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm a big fan if the strafe build, and I think mp 0-1 is the way to go. Also, I've gotten the most up time with prep backup plan and SP night bane, along with vault tumble. The more you get the hang of the build the more you want to ramp up speed with vaults and this should keep you moving.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]