Diablo® III

Updating Blizzard Launcher all the time

Recently, when I start the game from the launcher, I always get the "Updating Blizzard Launcher" message and the launcher seems to update. I wait for it to finish, then I start the game normally and play. No errors whatsoever.

However, I seem to always need to update every time I launch the game. This started last patch day. Anyone else experiencing/experienced this? I tried searching for a solution here, one mentioning to delete the MPQ files on the 'Updates' folder, but it didn't work. :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Inggo,

Try deleting the Diablo III\Diablo III.mfil file, then running the game again. If it continues to update and actually seems to be doing an update, not just bringing up the Checking Updates screen, run the game as an administrator. To do that, right click the desktop icon for the game and select that option from the drop down choices.
Reply Quote
Tried both. Neither worked.
Reply Quote
i also has this same problem. cant seem to work too.
Reply Quote
any other solutions, waiting 20 minutes everytime to start the game is getting annoying.
Reply Quote
I have been having this same issue since I rebuilt my computer. Reinstalled D3 & its still happening. Trying the suggestions here brought no change. The copy on the girlfriends computer works fine. Maybe 1.0.7 will fix it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]