Diablo® III

What CM skill at 2.74 slow time or teleport

Just a quick skill question. My Wizard is at 2.71 aps, 2.74 with enchantress. What should I replace slow time - stretch time with for when I run with enchantress or if I get it to 2.74 unbuffed. Seems that most people don't use time warp but the 20% dps could be useful.

What is the main reason people use teleport instead? Mobility for positioning? If you use safe passage do you recast every 4 seconds to keep up the damage reduction?
Reply Quote
Teleport to escape from frozen bomb mine fields and positioning, safe passage is also immensely useful vs RD elites.
Reply Quote
I say grab up 2.73+ unbuffed. Then i'd drop that enchantress for scoundrel.

I use wornhole for faster travelling. Teleport takes up an attack turn, so it's not REALLY a useful utility to be using every 4 seconds. WW more. Tele is nice for mobility also. Being walled in is scarrrry!

I run time warp in some group games or ubers for fun-zees. Nice to hit the next breakpoint every once and awhile.
Reply Quote
Time warp for ubers/group play is best.

Teleport for solo can't be substituted out 99% of the time IMO.

Hell even for uber/group play teleport can't be subbed out most of the time haha.
Reply Quote
View profile
Worm hole is huge active mitigation, offensive positioning, and travel. I played with all those bubble runes and meteors but when it's time to get busy wormhole all the way.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 10:51 AMPosted by CaptGimp
I run time warp in some group games or ubers for fun-zees. Nice to hit the next breakpoint every once and awhile.
This is kinda confusing. With a 1.65 Chant's breakpoints are ~15% ASI apart, so one Stretch Time bubble won't cover the gap. And time warp doesn't affect ASI at all.

For the OP's question, I dropped bubble as soon as I could. Tele's nice on it's own right, but the bubble can be downright counterproductive. I think we can all agree it's really fun to watch a barb hepped up on hubris spin through half a stack of flies before unceremoniously dying, but electrified, flies, slower arcane sentries, etc. are easier to tank if they're taken as-is instead of mucked up by a bubble.
Reply Quote
Haha it is great though to watch said Barb freak out because he just died ww'ing through 6 flies. Thanks everyone, I think I will shoot for that extra 1-2% ias I need to get to 2.73 and not have to worry about it any more.
Reply Quote
time warp is a huge party buff, teleport is not. bonus attack speed to all allies in the bubble is awesome. we literally kill things 10% faster.
Reply Quote
So, yeah, if you're going with a whole party of scrubs who can't handle themselves and need a booster seat for the Adult's table then you might have to use a bubble. Good point Scottw!

However, for endgame characters it can be reasonably assumed that people will have some ASI from gear. Given that, it's easy to see that the 10% isn't multiplied into your effective DPS, it's a buff to a part of the equation that will undoubtedly have something there already. E.g. I have 68% ASI. One bubble puts me at 78%. So the effect on my DPS, and hence killing speed, isn't the full 10%. It's the percent difference between 168% and 178%, ~5.6%.

This is gradeschool math.
Reply Quote
my bubble gets me to the next tornado breakpoint, and is basically a turbo mode for my throwbarb and DH party mates, not to mention it makes snaring a goblin that much easier. oh and it slows the enemies down, so they dont even hit you as often.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Scottw
my bubble gets me to the next tornado breakpoint, and is basically a turbo mode for my throwbarb and DH party mates, not to mention it makes snaring a goblin that much easier. oh and it slows the enemies down, so they dont even hit you as often.
You're using a 1.62 wand with 1.57 ASI, putting you at 2.5434 to start and 2.7054 with one bubble. With a 1.65 wand you'd be over ANOTHER breakpoint at 2.74. Maddening to see someone so close to being geared well. You've also got 0 ASI on your rings and amulet combined, stacking it on odd legendaries elsewhere. I'm saying that you could be 2 breakpoints ahead without a bubble if you were geared differently. It would definitely change your perspective.

Quick aside, everyone knows that bubbles stack, right? Had some great fun with 4 CM wizards with 2 ASI, 2 Time Warp on MP10 when none of us were quite geared for it.
Reply Quote
I use a bubble for mp10 ubers. It puts me over the 3.001 break point. I don't really want the setup I need for permanent 3.0. Bubble is great if you use it in the right time and place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]