Diablo® III

Sith Lord

90 Human Warlock
Hello All, I've not been a wizard long but noticed that there are some very sith-like abilities that remind me a lot of the Star Wars lore. I am a rather big Star Wars fan, more so of the lore than most other lore out there. Anyway, I made this build while leveling as a joke for my buddy and just for fun but noticed as I obtained better gear, got better runes and made a few tweaks... well, it's rather viable and rather fun!

I've done the CM spam all of your buttons until your hands fall off build, rather effective but boring. I've done the Archon melt everything until your buffs wear off then rebuff, re-archon blah blah boring. By far this is my favorite and most challenging build and instead of focusing on mashing all of your buttons or right clicking everything to death then perhaps you'd like to give this build a whirl for fun ;-)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WYXSTj!gYb!Ycacba

Feel free to mix and match the runes, perhaps a different ability, the core of this build is spectral blades & storm armor for your offense which makes it the "Sith Lord" feel. Use your blades on most enemies that are easily slain, diamond skin on CD pretty much to stay out of danger of dying while kiting more dangers mobs and letting your storm armor zap them to death like the evil emperor! This isn't a faceroll build that you should jump in the middle of every fight and go balls to the wall unless you're in really good gear.

The play style of this build is just like that of a sith or jedi, very powerful but fighting very smart, use your diamond skin & frost nova to keep enemies at bay, kite them with storm armor while being healed from your blades & dmg done to them, life on hit & life steal are not required for this build but some of either or both is recommended.

Stats I'd recommend:

600+ AR unbuffed and without glass cannon reducing them(it will take them down to low-mid 500s)
30-40% crit chance
2.1+ Attacks/sec
200%+ crit dmg(not required to be high but the more the better!)
2% LS or 500 LoH(no required but helps)
3.5k+ Armor(glass cannon will lower it considerably and you don't want to be 1 shot)
30k+ life
90k+ buffed DPS(you can get away with lower but I'd not advise it)

Also, do note that with better gear several things can easily change!

More damage but less resists means you don't need(or want) glass cannon and you should use something else!

If you have 6% LS or 1500+ LoH you do not need healing runes and should use higher damage ones!

If your prefer teleport to frost nova then I'd advise changing cold blooded to either blur or unstable anomaly for added defense.

If you would like to use this build but do not have the required stats feel free to post your stats and I will try to help make it more viable for you or advise a way to bring your stats up easily and cheaply.

Thanks for reading, hope you have as much fun as I do with the build, remember it's all about enjoying your character and playing SMART so if you die to something don't get discouraged, think about a better way to approach the fight, a better way to position yourself, the mobs or perhaps kiting with storm armor while dodging attacks is the best way to go, enjoy!
Edited by Ahlen#1213 on 12/7/2012 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Uhhh....Chain lightning?
Reply Quote
Forked lightning!
Reply Quote
if ur gonna do a star wars centered build dont u have to use wave of force?
Reply Quote
Uh... where's Forked Lightning, Wave of Force, and Slow Time?

Your current build is essentially the same as my build except with Frost Nova instead of Archon.

(Why is Frost Nova there for a "Star Wars" build?)

I DON'T SEE STAR WARS. I WAS PROMISED STAR WARS.
Reply Quote
This would be closer to a "star wars" build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UdOSjk!ZfX!cbcZaa

I didn't use forked lighting because I always took the "force lighting" as a cone more than a direct hit that can jump to others. If you look at the different game it actually hits multiple people but as a cone in front of the caster.

Also mirror image for the "illusion and mind control" of the jedi. but you could use slow time if you wanted.
Reply Quote
I DON'T SEE STAR WARS. I WAS PROMISED STAR WARS.

LOL!

And where is Teleport Calamity in that build?
Reply Quote
More like Jaja Binks build.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 11:25 AMPosted by SteelPhantom
if ur gonna do a star wars centered build dont u have to use wave of force?

^
Reply Quote
This would be closer to a "star wars" build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UdOSjk!ZfX!cbcZaa

I didn't use forked lighting because I always took the "force lighting" as a cone more than a direct hit that can jump to others. If you look at the different game it actually hits multiple people but as a cone in front of the caster.

Also mirror image for the "illusion and mind control" of the jedi. but you could use slow time if you wanted.

Why didn't you chose FORCE Armor?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The point of this build is to have a somewhat "Sith Lord" feel which is based around the ancient Sith, not necessarily the newer stuff on film. They used rather different techniques and nova is in there for efficiency. Wave of force imo is a bad ability for the sake of the build working well.

I also wrote this when I was rather tired(right before bed) and I realized today that you could sub out the blades with some lightning or even the cone version of disintegrate for a cone damage ability that looks/feels more Sith like.

To those that have similar builds, cool, perhaps we can try stuff from each other's, I'm not on these forums all that often so I'm not sure all else that's out there but with the few abilities we have and all of the people that play there are only so many options.

If you like the idea of the build then feel free to try it, if not it's cool. Either way the goal here is to have an effective build that has a Sith feel to the offensive abilities, I can farm MP5 with this, don't have the gear to try anything higher but the way it scales I'm sure it could go up to MP10, doesn't matter how cool or "authentic" a build is if it's not effective.

BTW, a little side note for Star Wars fans that aren't geeks or haven't delved too deeply into the realm of it, Sith are notorious for controlling the elements of fire, wind, water, ice, earth, electricity, life, death and so on, the different color sabers actually represent differing elements and there are hundreds of force abilities controlling various elements including ice, so, frost nova is not completely off the wall here, just not as popular as our silver screen electric based Siths ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Also, those that have posted "more Star Wars like" builds are posting Jedi themed builds, I do not like the Jedi much or the light side abilities which the builds you guys made represent, my build represents the powers of the Sith and upon playing it the build has a very similar feel to my dark jedi master from SWG or my sith lord from the KOTOR set and even reminds me of some of the old sith stories.

It works for me, is fun, figured I'd share in the event someone else would enjoy it, if you don't it's cool, nobody is making you use it! :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]