Diablo® III

D3 Community Dying Fast?

View profile
So I haven't been playing much at all lately, but I still watch the forums and post pretty regularly because I'm anxiously awaiting release of next patch (hoping for a new game).

I've noticed threads moving extremely slowly anymore.

Just wondering what some of the other telltale signs of a dying community are out there, considering there is no well designed interface where we can actually get an idea of how many people are on the servers at any given time.
Edited by aceD#1243 on 12/9/2012 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 06:25 PMPosted by aceD
(hoping for a new game)

;)
Reply Quote
I think when you see the most vocal people gone, or very little troll threads, you know the community is on it's way out.

Not many people post threads anymore asking questions, comparing strategies etc... It's all troll, complaint, and suggestion threads.
Reply Quote
This game is destined for death. Why? Because when one person rules with an iron fist and doesn't listen to the player base they get frustrated and quit. Mr. Wilson thinks he knows everything and no one else is right.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I think when you see the most vocal people gone, or very little troll threads, you know the community is on it's way out.

Not many people post threads anymore asking questions, comparing strategies etc... It's all troll, complaint, and suggestion threads.

The strategy and question threads have moved to the class forums.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 06:28 PMPosted by painboots
This game is destined for death. Why? Because when one person rules with an iron fist and doesn't listen to the player base they get frustrated and quit. Mr. Wilson thinks he knows everything and no one else is right.

I agree completely.
Reply Quote
It'll pick up when Pvp is finally released (if its ever going to be released before the world ends or the Chicago Cubs win the world series).
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Ender
Of course the game is "dying." Everything dies at some point, even you.

I refuse to believe I'll die. By the time I'm 80 there better be stem cell replacements for every organ AND the ability to persist your mind in a computer chip. COME ON TECHNOLOGY!
Reply Quote
Between the time weeks leading into release and right now, the difference is day and night.
Reply Quote
If quality of trolls 'playing the forums' is any indication, the game is on its deathbed. Once all that is left is obvious shillery and 'compare your epeen toon pixels to my epeen toon pixels' threads, it will have crossed the threshold.

Just for giggles, I browsed some threads 4000-5000 topics deep in the forum from May-July. The comments (regardless of whether they were constructive/critical/$5 shills/trolls) were infinitely more entertaining and informative than the pale remnant of stuff being posted now.

Personally, I thought 1.05 might start to turn it around, but it got old just like previous patches. C'est la vie...
Edited by tommyw85321#1161 on 12/8/2012 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well you are both right and wrong.

Barb community is rising fast.

Non-barb community is the one dying fast lol
Reply Quote
Eh, it will pick up again after the next patch...
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 08:10 PMPosted by DeadRu
Ya I remember the D2 is dying days, they lasted for many years.

Out of curiosity, have you ever made a single post that isn't attempting to raise up D3 at the expense of D2? It's actually pretty amusing
Reply Quote
DeadRu might just be the last D3 fanboy. I wonder how it feels to love a game thats so universally despised and infested by people only after money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]