Diablo® III

D3 Community Dying Fast?

Fanboys: We are majority ( they said )
Well you are majority now, people are leaving the building.
Reply Quote
It's been dying for some time. Lot's of MVP's have left the game months ago and Blizzard hasn't really supported the idea of a "community" in game. Forums are probably more enjoyable then the game it's based on.
Reply Quote
What's more of a concern is that those interested in serious debate and suggestions for the game are all but gone. There have been many great threads that not only precisely identify the game's core problems but also suggest great improvements to the game. I suppose Blizzard never listened to those threads anyway but not there is nothing left of intelligent debate to guide the game. It will be entirely in the hands of the devs and we know where that left us on release day.
Reply Quote
Giving constructive criticism doesnt even feel worth it on 2 levels
1. People attack any good idea (like removing repair items)
2. Developers havent listened
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Ender
What's more of a concern is that those interested in serious debate and suggestions for the game are all but gone. There have been many great threads that not only precisely identify the game's core problems but also suggest great improvements to the game. I suppose Blizzard never listened to those threads anyway but not there is nothing left of intelligent debate to guide the game. It will be entirely in the hands of the devs and we know where that left us on release day.

They still exist, except general discussion has been overwhelmed with trolls.
The more specific forums are constructive.

Ironic - can't remember the last time you made a constructive post.

In regards to the topic at hand - there was never really a community to begin with. No chat lobby in-game to idle in, find like-minded players in, find interesting games to join etc. There's just the forums, which seem to exist solely for forum PvP to carry us over 'til in-game PvP is released sometime in 2025.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Ender

They still exist, except general discussion has been overwhelmed with trolls.
The more specific forums are constructive.

Hardly. The items forum has nothing relevant about the disastrous state of itemization. In the days leading up to and shortly following release this was a major topic and as the single largest issue with the game right now its absence of discussion indicates a major loss of interest in fixing the problems.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 03:53 AMPosted by CrniVuk
This means you are left with playing the game as only option. But the randomness on some of the items is so high, that its not a motivational experience. Even if you get some echoing fury, mempo, skorn, lacunis, vile etc. the chance for those items to be really good is extremly small. And they are supposed to push you in to the "end game", which is now the high MP levels. You can play literaly for months and more and not find anything usefull, despite the fact that you found a lot of lvl63 legendaries and set items. The sheer number of useless high lvl legendaries is unbelievable, maximus, grandfather, flying dragon, vigilance, The Grand Vizier, Fury of the Vanished Peak and many more. All useless two hand weapons. Except for Skorn. But even a Skorn is only usefull with the CORRECT rolls.

This is where I disagree with you, MP is not something that you have to use. No one is forcing you to clear inferno on MP10. You can clear it without MP at all if that is your goal. You can even have goals, like testing other builds, other gear setups. Try you luck by getting a good crafting roll. Get all of the achievements, do everything hardcore. There are so many things that you can do without using MP settings and still have a blast.
Reply Quote
IDK it's not looking good at this point. I started playing with real life friends and former guildmates from WoW. Every single one of them has already quit, but I rebuilt my friends list from players I grouped with while leveling in public games and by friending anyone decent I played with or that they invited to our private games. My friend list was full of some very good players once again, but now most of them have stopped logging on.

Once upon a time it was hard to keep a thread on page one of the general forum, now you can bump it once every 30-45 minutes and it stays on the front page. That is a bad sign.
Reply Quote
If there are 10 people playing D3. Then the community isnt dead.
This isnt WoW.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Giggler
Once upon a time it was hard to keep a thread on page one of the general forum, now you can bump it once every 30-45 minutes and it stays on the front page. That is a bad sign.

Did you get those numbers frm your forum activity counter? Does it calculate the weather temperature too?

~Tinfoil Hat~
Reply Quote

Ironic - can't remember the last time you made a constructive post.

In regards to the topic at hand - there was never really a community to begin with. No chat lobby in-game to idle in, find like-minded players in, find interesting games to join etc. There's just the forums, which seem to exist solely for forum PvP to carry us over 'til in-game PvP is released sometime in 2025.

Still fishing for responses? In regards to your irrelevant statements.

I enjoy discussion - I'm simply used to conducting it with people with intellect, i.e not you. Hush.
Reply Quote
lol, people still play this game?
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 09:23 PMPosted by zucchini

Did you get those numbers frm your forum activity counter? Does it calculate the weather temperature too?

~Tinfoil Hat~

Come on man. Tinfoil hat? Just click on the last thread on the front page of general. The last response was 50 minutes ago. It's still only 10:15 PM PST on a weekend. A couple months ago it would have been on page 3-4 by now without a bump after 50 minutes.

I like this game, but friends lists and forum activity are a good indicator of activity.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]