Diablo® III

Hex???

Hello WD forums! I am a noob WD, but its been so much fun running this class that Im p33 42hrs in my WD.

I got a question, why doesnt hex work on tremors? is it a bug? Are these monsters just too big to turn into chickens or pigs? it works on goglors which are also massive monsters, i just dont get why they dont work on tremors.
Reply Quote
It also doesn't work on trees, or mallet lords. The answer is because Blizzard was like, "hey, what do WDs really want to hex? Laugh."
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 12:40 AMPosted by SimplMasheen
It also doesn't work on trees, or mallet lords. The answer is because Blizzard was like, "hey, what do WDs really want to hex? Laugh."

yeah... the only reason i wanted to use hex was to save time on elites, i wanted to hex tremors, oh well...
Reply Quote
It helps against yellows, compensates for my poor single target. Sometimes on Kuhl.

I need to stand very close for my attack, so tremors ability to knock me around is annoying as all get out. When I see them in keeps, I just jaunt into them and start to detonate. Enough time to get them in MP8 before they can do one of their knock back attacks. Elite tremors, not fun. At least there's only that one elite tree.

Least favorite though is blazing guardians, at least you can hex those. And those charger beast things. Seen it hex in mid charge. Whew!
Edited by SimplMasheen#1766 on 12/9/2012 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hex is amazing for higher MP key farming runs. All of the keywardens can be hexed, which is great seeing as how two of them run and the other is just really annoying. It speeds up your key runs dramatically to be able to lock them down almost permanently.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Zoid
Hex is amazing for higher MP key farming runs. All of the keywardens can be hexed, which is great seeing as how two of them run and the other is just really annoying. It speeds up your key runs dramatically to be able to lock them down almost permanently.

This is only true if the warden is alone. Often if other monsters are nearby the little guy will just hex some other random monster lol.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 12:40 AMPosted by SimplMasheen

I read in a very old post dating to like May or something that the hex actually does increase the dmg against the unhexable monsters such as trees, but I don't know if this is true, or if this would also apply to bosses such as non-Kulle Ubers.

Has anyone recently tested this?
Reply Quote
I could be wrong... But when I was doing MP5 A4 Warden runs the other day... Jinx wasn't turning the Mallet Lord Elites into Chickens but I could have sworn I was doing a lot more damage to them... Maybe I was just critting more often then not... But I seemed to be able to kill them faster with Jinx then with Leeching Beasts.. Maybe we can get some proper testing done on this? I'll try again when I get off work since my boss is here and I can't play right now lol!! I also looked at a bunch of threads regarding this and it seems that a lot of "bigger" mobs can't get hexed.. I don't really care if they get hexed or not, I just want to do an extra 30% dps!
Reply Quote
I've read but haven't tested that Jinx will still apply a dmg debuff even if they're not polymorphed, like in the case of ubers. Not sure if that's actually true though.
Reply Quote
Here's a related thread. Again, I'm not sure if hex on immune monsters has been thoroughly tested... https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934194008
Reply Quote
I tested it yesterday, vs demonic tremor, doing very low damage with test gear.
Jinx didn't increase damage, if monster was not turned into pig.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]