Diablo® III

Pro barbs HELP!!! Im so lost

I have no clue what to do with my gearing from here. I have posted a few help threads and got no response or response from people that do NOT know what they are talking about because they recommend things that actually DECREASE my stats.

I have come to the conclusion that breaking my 5 piece IK set is what I need to do, but which pieces should I replace? And what should I look for in the replacement pieces? Everything seems to be so expensive at this point. Is there any hope for my barb besides selling all my gear and starting fresh?

I have 70m to spend help me please!
Reply Quote
I would suggest grabbing rare or blackthornes chest+pants, look for 300+ total stats before counting sockets. Probably 30-50m for both pieces together.

Also missing socket/crit damage on mainhand and crit chance on rings. You should pump some attack speed into your jewlery (I would recommend getting 1.82+ mainhand aps, the next breakpoint after that if you choose to get an EF).
Reply Quote
You don't need to bust the 5 piece, check my gear out, I have 5 piece, plus SoJ and decent damage.

I do enough DPS in this game to sink elites on MP10 in an average of 30 seconds and I can solo MP10 Ubers. You can keep your 5 piece set and still do the content in this game if you really want to.
Reply Quote
Sometimes dropping paper dps can lead to boosting in-game dps since double tornado damage isnt really reflected in your paper dps.

I assume you want to run DT, but your runes are all wonky. BR:ITF, sprint:RLTW, WOTB:TOC.

you are 4 ias away from the 2.23 aps breakpoint. I believe the build works much better by getting to the 2.5aps bp which you can do easier by getting a dagger.

That being said, dont waste 70mil on sidegrades. Farm whatever you are farming now and save up for big upgrades 1 slot at a time. You are going to waste money if you replace a bunch of slots now. And it will be just as effective as your current set. I believe to farm anything more than mp3 efficiently, you need around 120k dps with just passives.

If I were to spend any gold on your set, it would be a 10m mace. 1.1k dps, socket, 150ish str. Use bloodthirst passive if you have to. I would also get one more slot of IAS or get a dagger with str/crit/socket.

you have ar on 2 dps slots, gloves and ammy. these 2 slots can roll 3dps mods. how many can pants roll? 1. This is why i dislike innas if you cant afford to go trifecta on gloves and jewelry. You give up big str/vit/ar on pants just for 1 dps mod. Id much rather have rare pants with big stats/AR and get drop ar from glove to add ias
Reply Quote
You don't need to bust the 5 piece, check my gear out, I have 5 piece, plus SoJ and decent damage.

I do enough DPS in this game to sink elites on MP10 in an average of 30 seconds and I can solo MP10 Ubers. You can keep your 5 piece set and still do the content in this game if you really want to.

Please stop comparing your huge vit ik chest to his 40 vit ik chest.
Reply Quote
First off get rid of the Ls on your Mh and get Str,Cd, open socket mace or axe. Add crit chance to rings. Replace innas pants with some with more Ehp, untill you can afford 300/400stat ice climbers you should use boot/lacunis for 24%Ms. And last but not least get rid of the Ik chest for one with more Vit, chest/pants can roll 300 vit each and you have roughly 40 vit between the both of them. Thats a huge blow to your Ehp if your having survivability problems in higher Mps this is why.
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/10/2012 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://theasiangamer.com/d3-damage-calculator/ is your friend. i learned alot just by plugging in numbers of gear i was interested in buying....i now have a better idea of the game in general by just playing around with that site ^ ^
Reply Quote
I have no clue what to do with my gearing from here. I have posted a few help threads and got no response or response from people that do NOT know what they are talking about because they recommend things that actually DECREASE my stats.

I have come to the conclusion that breaking my 5 piece IK set is what I need to do, but which pieces should I replace? And what should I look for in the replacement pieces? Everything seems to be so expensive at this point. Is there any hope for my barb besides selling all my gear and starting fresh?

I have 70m to spend help me please!

NO don't break the IK set at ALLLL. Sometimes things will lokk like a decrease overall but there not . It's called balance not just raw paper DPS... What you need to do is slowly up grade your IK set to better ones....The current ones are not that great....
Go one peace at a time and for god sake don't break that set I did and cried...P.S. your main hand weapon needs a socket start there (Plus 100 Crit) Then braces get that CHC up to at least 34%
Reply Quote
Paper dps means F%]# ALL for a Ww build. The main thing is hitting breakpoints while maintaining some kind of balanced build. To give an example I have a set that gives me 180kmunbuffed dps, yet i kill slower than my setup now.

Even though I lost 25k paper dps I dish out more dps
Reply Quote
Your gearing journey starts here: d3up.com
Reply Quote

Please stop comparing your huge vit ik chest to his 40 vit ik chest.

Vit doesn't make you do damage.
Reply Quote
D3UP.com OMG why did i not know about this. Thank you so much!!

All you guys thanks I will try and make some changes, im just so indecisive when i shop for gear....

Keep comments\advice\info coming if you have something to say\sell ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]