Diablo® III

Greyed out PLAY button

anyone have this problem as of right now?
Reply Quote
yes I do too.. seems like it did some update then just sat there so I closed out then re-opened. Now the play button is grey and it's just sitting there saying initializing
Reply Quote
I have windows 8.. so here's what I did and it worked... when you are on home screen move mouse to the right to bring up menu window.. select D3 and it should work but give it just a second
Reply Quote
I have that issue and after about 2 min of waiting it comes up with a crash report. after i close the crash report the play button is lit up like normal. do i need to reload the game or is there an easy fix for this? It has been doing this since 2 updates ago.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
The Play button staying grayed out is often due to internet security programs like an anti virus app. You might try temporarily disabling any that you use to see if they're interfering.

We've also added a new repair tool in the game 's launcher you can use to check for any file corruption. It's located under the Help tab in the launcher.

@CODERED2379 - is there a code that was generated with your crash report?
Reply Quote
I am having this problem now also.

I have disabled all my control programs to see if any are causing the problem and nothing works.

I did recently change ISP providers so i am guessing that is the problem ?

And the help button only shows a listing of "Technical support", i see nothing about checking for file corruption.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]