Diablo® III

Blizzard almost got me

I've reached the point where I don't want to play diablo 3 at all, but with some of the patches, Blizzard has left me hopeful for the future of diablo 3.

Since I can't stand to play D3 right now, I decided to do some WOW pvp. I did not buy MOP and havn't played WOW in 6 months and I thought I was done with WOW. However, I got D3 with an annual pass, so I can play WOW for the rest of December. So I got on WOW and did some PVP and had great fun. I love AV.

So what has Blizzard accomplished... getting me to play WOW again, making me at least think about MOP, making my open to buying a D3 expansion.

I thought I was done with Blizzard after the Starcraft 2 games, but they made me think about their other games. I'd say that's a success on Blizzard's part.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
One thing I’ve learned over the years is that everyone games differently. Some folks prefer to indulge in just one game at a time, some rotate between a few choice favorites over time, and some juggle multiple games within the same day. For me, it just depends what mood I’m in at any given time, and while I’m passionate about Diablo III, I also still actively play WoW and quite a number of other games ranging across different genres and formats. There’s certainly a lot out there to play, but for me at least, it’s great having a few staples that keep me coming back for more. :)
Edited by Vaeflare on 12/7/2012 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wish WoW wasn't such a time commitment. I miss that game =/
Reply Quote
I recently quit MoP due to my own stupidity. I lost tons of gold at the BMAH by placing my bid on the wrong item (Hot Item Box). So I am playing other games for now. Not sure if I will go back to wow though, probably next expac.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
One thing I’ve learned over the years is that everyone games differently. Some folks prefer to indulge in just one game at a time, some rotate between a few choice favorites over time, and some juggle multiple games within the same day. For me, it just depends what mood I’m in at any given time, and while I’m passionate about Diablo III, I also still actively play WoW and quite a number of other games ranging across different genres and formats. There’s certainly a lot out there to play, but for me at least, it’s great having a few staples that keep me coming back for more. :)

To much out there to play, even worse now that the WiiU is out(and ZombiU turned out awesome) not enough time in the day for all the games I want to play!

People need to understand that you are not locked to one game or one system/genre, I feel people are missing out if they lock themselves to only one good game at a time, but I guess it's each to there own.
Edited by Vaeflare on 12/7/2012 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm with the OP almost.. I'm not going to pay for MOP.. but I had my free months with WoW cause of the annual pass and I got a month left. I might give D3 a break and pvp some with WoW.. maybe finish off my thunder fury on my mage. but I found myself playing alot of GTA 4.
Reply Quote
It’s great you’re enjoying yourself!

One thing I’ve learned over the years is that everyone games differently. Some folks prefer to indulge in just one game at a time, some rotate between a few choice favorites over time, and some juggle multiple games within the same day.

I fall under the category of playing one game at a time. I've been playing D3 since launch and I will be doing so until the servers close or else I grow to hate it.
Reply Quote
I'm waiting for HOTS to come out. :-)
Reply Quote
Totally understandable that you have OD'd on D3. The game really only rewards enormous amounts of time spent on it, and the severely repetitive content can only lead to burnout if you don't balance it out by playing something else. Me, I just finished LA Noire and am a few hours into Batman: Arkham City.

Having said that, I'd love a survival arena with wave after wave of monsters. I'm tired of hitting Escape, Space and OK to skip cutscenes that lost my interest hundreds of hours ago, I just want a conga-line of baddies to kill.
Reply Quote
Heh Blizzard enough with the fighting of the old and new Diablo. keep coming up with new ideas and implement it. you guys have set it in motion already so make the most of it. some ideas are good some are not just keeping coming out with eventually it will be the way the path your team choose. As David B said in his interview if he was in charge he would have done thing differently but he is not. Jay Wilson and his team is in charge so make the most and best of of it. Stop wallowing in what has happen and as Jay acknowledge with David B. make it as best as you can for your players give them as much as you can to keep them going. Since it is a online only game it is your company responsibility to give us those game playabilty. If you choose to make it a offline capacity than your company would not be in so much pressure to give them in to demand from the public gamer's. It is a onling game online so come up with new style, new idea to get us going up till a x amount of years.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]