Diablo® III

Blizzard almost got me

12/07/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Narull
To much out there to play, even worse now that the WiiU is out(and ZombiU turned out awesome) not enough time in the day for all the games I want to play!

man I have to get ZombiU. I was watching the youtube videos and it looks really good. I ended up getting mario, scribblenauts and darksiders as my first titles. why did I listen to the gamespot review?
Reply Quote
I don't get it.

On topic: I'm about the same way as the OP. Too much time spent and not progressing anymore. I don't want to sit on the AH and flip nor do I want to bot, so D3 is on the back burner until they make some changes to the item system that makes it a lot more rewarding to those who play the game and progression viable.
Edited by Vaeflare on 12/7/2012 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do CM's get free subscription to wow? o.O
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 06:03 PMPosted by CentaurusXVI
Heh Blizzard enough with the fighting of the old and new Diablo. keep coming up with new ideas and implement it. you guys have set it in motion already so make the most of it. some ideas are good some are not just keeping coming out with eventually it will be the way the path your team choose. As David B said in his interview if he was in charge he would have done thing differently but he is not. Jay Wilson and his team is in charge so make the most and best of of it. Stop wallowing in what has happen and as Jay acknowledge with David B. make it as best as you can for your players give them as much as you can to keep them going. Since it is a online only game it is your company responsibility to give us those game playabilty. If you choose to make it a offline capacity than your company would not be in so much pressure to give them in to demand from the public gamer's. It is a onling game online so come up with new style, new idea to get us going up till a x amount of years.

D3 is online only primarily for anti-piracy/hacking and patch management. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything more than what they give you just because they chose to administer the game in this fashion.

The old guard is not in charge anymore and their track record is pretty bleak as it is so either get on board with the new crew or go elsewhere.
Reply Quote
okay to address anyone who says the game isn't fun for casual players. I consider myself a casual player, I play completely randomly from frequency to length of time. but usually no more then a few times a week. I run 10 characters and while it occasionally is a drag (there's always something we don't like about a game). I have fun, even when I don't think I will, like leveling 8 characters up to lvl 27 one at a time to empty my inventory. lol it's still full.
Reply Quote
I don't get it.

On topic: I'm about the same way as the OP. Too much time spent and not progressing anymore. I don't want to sit on the AH and flip nor do I want to bot, so D3 is on the back burner until they make some changes to the item system that makes it a lot more rewarding to those who play the game and progression viable.
the easiest way I've found to make money is to just salvage most items if I don't plan on using them again, or set the by out price at 2k for low value items. (obviously higher for higher value items). Then sell the subtle essence for the outrageous price it's available for and take away the 140000 gold.
Reply Quote
I think the most poignant non-offensive point I would put forward is that in the podcast of long-time Diablo fans, the idea that having few options of play styles in this game is what makes it fall flat on its face. It is a nice game, but without essentials like PvP, the game is just an item grind. While it may be nice for fans of other blizzard titles to have this as the standby hack-slash-dungeon-grind when they need a break, some of us are actual fans of the series, and want it to be our main play, not just a standby.

Right now this game is a stand-by hack and slash at best, and among titles aesthetically and systemically like it (Skyrim, Torchlight, just to name a couple that are way better), it doesn't compete.

Thats not even taking into consideration other genres beyond hack/slash/grinds. Any fps is way more engaging/thrilling.

I love Diablo, and some of the changes were great moving forward. But the game doesn't feel complete, and it doesn't hold my interest. I feel like no one looked at Diablo 2 critically and said "How can we unify the experience between people who play for the story, and who play for the end game grind, and people who pvp".

Difficulties were a horrible idea for one thing; no one in D2 wanted to play the story more than once to reach end game content -- everyone just shoots past it with various forms of rushes
So why keep multi-difficulty content structure?

No one wanted to level characters either, anyone with half a brain knows that botting saves hours of work
So why keep a player based leveling structure?

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Attention to minor details ended up overall, great.

The big picture is what was ignored.
Edited by Cathexis#1816 on 12/8/2012 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Cathexis
No one wanted to level characters

lolwut?
Reply Quote
66 Gnome Rogue
I love WoW.
Reply Quote
Wow MOP sucks, especially the pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
My thoughts are, my annual sub ends on December 11th and that is the day I am canceling. PvP in WoW, ever since the MoP pre-patch, is so bad that I liken it to chess on Gerital instead of what it use to be, which was chess on steroids. This started out with my druid being unkillable and ends with Blizzard's attitude that they don't care about PvP until you hit 90, where btw all the bots hang out and where they select what BG you will play, which doesn't work for me because I only like WSG.

Also, I believe very strongly that Blizzard knows who plays WoW and will flag your Diablo 3 account accordingly for bad drops if you stop logging into WoW. This is a means to try and force you back into that game, where they can collect their ridiculous $15.00 charge, which btw is a lot more than they will make from you if you just play Diablo 3 like a normal person and not use the RMAH.

So I'm prepared to give up both games. WoW is a no brainer because I just hate it now. I gave PvP one last shot a week ago and nothing had changed since the MoP pre-patch and I'm certain nothing will. Moreover, in the current state of WoW, and could even handle the 7 minute wait que timer or the 2 minute wait timer once you get in but before the game starts. The whole experience is spent waiting for timers and then when you do play, it's just a mess and a joke of bad programming and poor pacing. So yes, if you're like 90 years old, you might find WoW PvP fits your speed. I personally liked the days when you would get kills in 5-10 seconds instead of 45 seconds to a minute and a half the way things are now. The brilliant minds left Blizzard a long time ago, at patch 3.2 just after WoTLK launch. So, sorry to disagree with the OP but he sounds more like a marketing Blizzard Employee to me than anything else.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I was hard core WoW, but with the release of MoP I've lost interest. Just thinking about grinding out hundreds of dailies on one toon makes me dread logging in let alone doing it on 8 other toons, so i started playing playing D3 (which i got with my annual WoW pas) and now after getting my second 60 I'm just burnt out on the same content over and over and over and over and over again for another 100 levels, sure monster power helped a bit but its still the same 1 or 2 acts of D3 done until your eyes bleed or your head explodes.

Its like blizz read my mind and said whats the one thing this guys hates? dailies? (yes i hated them even before MoP) and made a whole expansion where thats ALL you do.

D3 needed more content 6 or 8 acts not just 4 where people end up only farming 1 (act 3)

I have a feeling that if blizz puts out an expansion for D3 the only people left to play it will be the bots and gold spammers (not that i think there will ever be an expansion)
Reply Quote
I had the annual pass which in retrospect was probably a mistake. I had high hopes for MoP but it turned out to be more of the same, just wrapped in a different skin. They filled the game with mini-games, hoping to get more mileage out of content.

D3 has so many unaddressed performance issues for people with all ranges of PC hardware, ridiculous loot issues for anyone who can't treat the game like a job, and no feeling of progression at all for a semi-casual player.

So unless D3 takes a radical shift in direction I'm done with Blizzard games and won't recommend them to anyone unless Titan somehow blows me out of the water.

With the decisions they've made in the last few years though I don't see that happening.

Diablo 3 isn't WoW....and D3 has 'some' kind of progression.

1. Upgrading Gear
2. Paragon

You sound like a little carebear who didn't get what he wants. what a laugh
Reply Quote
I was hard core WoW, but with the release of MoP I've lost interest. Just thinking about grinding out hundreds of dailies on one toon makes me dread logging in let alone doing it on 8 other toons, so i started playing playing D3 (which i got with my annual WoW pas) and now after getting my second 60 I'm just burnt out on the same content over and over and over and over and over again for another 100 levels, sure monster power helped a bit but its still the same 1 or 2 acts of D3 done until your eyes bleed or your head explodes.

Its like blizz read my mind and said whats the one thing this guys hates? dailies? (yes i hated them even before MoP) and made a whole expansion where thats ALL you do.

D3 needed more content 6 or 8 acts not just 4 where people end up only farming 1 (act 3)

I have a feeling that if blizz puts out an expansion for D3 the only people left to play it will be the bots and gold spammers (not that i think there will ever be an expansion)

Did you play the original pre-expansion Diablo 2? Act 4 Runs were literally the entire end game.

D3 is taking the same route as D2..

Its WoW carebears like you who constantly 'want want and want' Quit crying and stop playing, ya laugh
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 06:57 PMPosted by HamburgerBun
The old guard is not in charge anymore and their track record is pretty bleak as it is so either get on board with the new crew or go elsewhere.

Evidence for the bleak track record? Or shut up?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]