Diablo® III

Blizzard almost got me

100 Human Rogue
I was hard core WoW, but with the release of MoP I've lost interest. Just thinking about grinding out hundreds of dailies on one toon makes me dread logging in let alone doing it on 8 other toons, so i started playing playing D3 (which i got with my annual WoW pas) and now after getting my second 60 I'm just burnt out on the same content over and over and over and over and over again for another 100 levels, sure monster power helped a bit but its still the same 1 or 2 acts of D3 done until your eyes bleed or your head explodes.

Its like blizz read my mind and said whats the one thing this guys hates? dailies? (yes i hated them even before MoP) and made a whole expansion where thats ALL you do.

D3 needed more content 6 or 8 acts not just 4 where people end up only farming 1 (act 3)

I have a feeling that if blizz puts out an expansion for D3 the only people left to play it will be the bots and gold spammers (not that i think there will ever be an expansion)

Did you play the original pre-expansion Diablo 2? Act 4 Runs were literally the entire end game.

D3 is taking the same route as D2..

Its WoW carebears like you who constantly 'want want and want' Quit crying and stop playing, ya laugh

I'm a wow carebear cuz I "want"ed Diablo 3 to have had more acts on release??

Your statements just prove my point, rather than making D3 different its just a clone of D2 (farm 1 act for years)
Reply Quote
If you don't like d3 then don't play it. no one is forcing you to play this game.
Reply Quote
I have another suggestion for a future patch: occasional cameos of Greed, like the Treasure Goblins that supposedly serve him. Maybe he can be an ultra-rare monster (appearing less often than treasure goblins) with a low drop rate, but when items do drop from him, the quality will be better than with other monsters.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Vaeflare
One thing I’ve learned over the years is that everyone games differently. Some folks prefer to indulge in just one game at a time, some rotate between a few choice favorites over time, and some juggle multiple games within the same day. For me, it just depends what mood I’m in at any given time, and while I’m passionate about Diablo III, I also still actively play WoW and quite a number of other games ranging across different genres and formats. There’s certainly a lot out there to play, but for me at least, it’s great having a few staples that keep me coming back for more. :)

This is a nicer way of saying what I was thinking. There are tons of posts about how game A is better than game B, but worse than game C. Who told the people constantly ripping on D3 (a game which you have paid for in full with no sub) they couldn't play other games as well.

I have played many of the games this one is compared to, and they aren't perfect by any means. I have found the thing that makes me want to play D3 more than anything is not playing it for a while (day/week/month).
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is a great game. It is not perfect but I have plenty of hope for it. I just wish they would have added achievements with the MP levels and Paragon lvl system. It would be cool to have a Diablo kill achievement for say MP5 and MP10. Maybe achievements for doing Ubers. I do not understand why they didn't add something like that when it came out. WoW has some pretty wild achievements that no "casual" player would ever attempt. The Paragon lvls were great. I still want to play until I hit 100. Throw in a few more achievements that progress with it and I would be thrilled to play even more. People like to feel better than others. I want to have something that no one else has or something that sets me apart from normal players. I don't want to be like everyone else. If it was me I would call in a physiologist and ask him how could I take advantage of human nature to make a game better lol.
Reply Quote
I miss when WoW and D3 were actually challenging.

When Heroics and Inferno really were for the elite few. Now everything is nerfed into the ground, and guess what, we still see the same amount of QQ on Bliz's forums. Only difference is instead of crying about not being able to survive a hit from a phasebeast, or about repair costs, people are crying about drop rates and barbs being OP.
Edited by SPLERDU#3201 on 12/10/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 04:56 PMPosted by HandsomeNerd
I wish WoW wasn't such a time commitment. I miss that game =/

Time commitment? That's hilarious. Kid, you don't know what "time commitment" is until you've played EQ1. WoW is hardly a time commitment anymore. You don't need any flagging or keys to raid.

12/10/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Skittles
barbs being OP.

Best point ever. When a couple months ago they were considered the WORST class in the game. Funny how things work, huh? I 'absolutely' loooooove the human race and how their minds work.

Not.
Edited by Devious#1610 on 12/10/2012 3:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
I miss when WoW and D3 were actually challenging.

When Heroics and Inferno really were for the elite few. Now everything is nerfed into the ground, and guess what, we still see the same amount of QQ on Bliz's forums. Only difference is instead of crying about not being able to survive a hit from a phasebeast, or about repair costs, people are crying about drop rates and barbs being OP.

Unless you're doing full clears on MP10, then you can get all the challenge you want from DIII, just dial up the difficulty. If that's not hard enough for you, throw your best gear in your stash, and run it in second-rate clothes. In progression games, difficulty has more to do with the amount of time you're sinking into the activity than the native challenge of those activities. The only hard part about WoW raiding was getting the requisite number of people in your guild who were willing to get geared and show up on time. Compared to that, learning the square-dance fights was child's play.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I love blizzard fan's.

"THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE"

while posting on the forums.

I don't understand you.
Reply Quote
I love blizzard fan's.

"THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE"

while posting on the forums.

I don't understand you.

They cant express their feelings so they just /mash head into keyboard
http://i.imgur.com/d0oc9.jpg
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Vaeflare
One thing I’ve learned over the years is that everyone games differently. Some folks prefer to indulge in just one game at a time, some rotate between a few choice favorites over time, and some juggle multiple games within the same day. For me, it just depends what mood I’m in at any given time, and while I’m passionate about Diablo III, I also still actively play WoW and quite a number of other games ranging across different genres and formats. There’s certainly a lot out there to play, but for me at least, it’s great having a few staples that keep me coming back for more. :)

What you say is true, there are many games out there, but the quality of most is not up to my personal preference. There are few game gems out there, that's the ones that has long term play potential. D3 has this potential, not realised yet :(
Reply Quote
"D3 has so many unaddressed performance issues for people with all ranges of PC hardware, ridiculous loot issues for anyone who can't treat the game like a job, and no feeling of progression at all for a semi-casual player.

So unless D3 takes a radical shift in direction I'm done with Blizzard games and won't recommend them to anyone unless Titan somehow blows me out of the water.

With the decisions they've made in the last few years though I don't see that happening."

All these are letting me play less and less. It's kinda like an one-armed bandit isn't it? Lets roll it and see how good it can be...
Reply Quote
Well like they always say...They make hardcore games for everyone. No one game will make everyone happy. If you want games that are tailored toward a certain type of play then start following some of the indie developers. I think everyone should check out Starbound and especially Star Citizen. Once you take out the middle man anything is possible.
Reply Quote
the coments are so true...having to log in and play on line is at best an irritation because you can't play on the go somewhere that you can't hook in. at least on d2 it was possiable to goof off on your own. I am so sick of software that thinks they can bleed a little more out of a COUSTERMER... keep it up and the golden goose is going to die!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]