Diablo® III

Just identified 2 stash tabs of legendaries

Warning: I will rage in this post. So if you're a blizzard fanboy just leave and farm a bit.

I collected over 70 legendaries over the last 3 days and decided to identify them all at once.

About 35 of them were INSTANTLY salvaged, f.e. "legendaries" like:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-burning-axe-of-sankis

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/wizardspike

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gladiator-gauntlets

Due to the most amateurish and horribly design an item-based game has ever seen, these and MANY other "legendaries" don't even have the chance to be good. It would not have mattered leaving this junk on the ground from the beginning.

The other half of them I considered to sell. I checked their prices on the AH and only 10 of them are worth selling over 500k, the rest also will be brimstoned.

None of them is worth more than 10M.

Estimating their worth all together I made about 35M at best out of 70+ legendaries.
For some this may seem much, but let me show you why this is a complete joke:

1) Upgrades are in the range of 200M+ per piece for me.

That means in order to upgrade one piece I would have to farm over 18 days.

2) I find about 2 legendaries per hour. Let's say the average worth of one legendary is 500k, thus I make 1M per hour. Currently 1M is sold for 35 cents as far as I know...yeah, totally worth playing the game then.
--> I could just work for McDonalds and make more progress in this game rather than through playing it. That is IF I were to use the garbage system of the RMAH, which I never will.

3) I'm not even mentioning all the rares I found over this time. None of them was worth anything. 3 days, not one good rare item dropped.

Good job Blizzard. At least like this your pockets get filled since good items are next to impossible to find and rich people simply use the easy way.

It is either this profit-orientated calculation or simply amateurish stupidity of designing a game, but in either case I can't understand why one would decide to implement an item-system like this.

Fix your damn game and re-work your item system. Make item-searching fun and REWARDING, go back to the roots your game should have. Your items are HORRIBLE at the moment, it shouldn't stay this way.
Edited by Kyrone#2959 on 12/9/2012 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
LOL@WWBARB MAD Bro?
I get 1-2 legendaries a week..STF U!
Reply Quote
35M from 70 legend and you are complaining? it is a 500k per legendary, I wish have the same luck.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 12:24 AMPosted by GoejoHusan
35M from 70 legend and you are complaining? it is a 500k per legendary, I wish have the same luck.

If I could get 70 legendaries in that time frame..I'd be ins some bizarre parallel world where Jay Wilson played a Witch Doctor.
Reply Quote
yea 35m from 70 legends is pretty good.
Reply Quote
Warning: I will rage in this post. So if you're a blizzard fanboy just leave and farm a bit.

I collected over 70 legendaries over the last 3 days and decided to identify them all at once.

About 35 of them were INSTANTLY salvaged, f.e. "legendaries" like:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-burning-axe-of-sankis

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/wizardspike

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gladiator-gauntlets

Due to the most amateurish and horribly design an item-based game has ever seen, these and MANY other "legendaries" don't even have the chance to be good. It would not have mattered leaving this junk on the ground from the beginning.

The other half of them I considered to sell. I checked their prices on the AH and only 10 of them are worth selling over 500k, the rest also will be brimstoned.

None of them is worth more than 10M.

Estimating their worth all together I made about 35M at best out of 70+ legendaries.
For some this may seem much, but let me show you why this is a complete joke:

1) Upgrades are in the range of 200M+ per piece for me.

That means in order to upgrade one piece I would have to farm over 18 days.

2) I find about 2 legendaries per hour. Let's say the average worth of one legendary is 500k, thus I make 1M per hour. Currently 1M is sold for 35 cents as far as I know...yeah, totally worth playing the game then.
--> I could just work for McDonalds and make more progress in this game rather than through playing it. That is IF I were to use the garbage system of the RMAH, which I never will.

3) I'm not even mentioning all the rares I found over this time. None of them was worth anything. 3 days, not one good rare item dropped.

Good job Blizzard. At least like this your pockets get filled since good items are next to impossible to find and rich people simply use the easy way.

It is either this profit-orientated calculation or simply amateurish stupidity of designing a game, but in either case I can't understand why one would decide to implement an item-system like this.

Fix your !@#$%^- game and re-work your item system. Make item-searching fun and REWARDING, go back to the roots your game should have.

If working at mcdonalds is your first resort I think you have bigger problems.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 12:28 AMPosted by haushinka
yea 35m from 70 legends is pretty good.
Quite sad, isn't it?
Reply Quote
jesus christ at your current gear,

just plvl to 100 already, there's nothing left for you to look forward to

what mp did you grind btw?
Edited by Hak#1935 on 12/9/2012 12:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
What a crybaby, I would be happy to make 35m off a bunch of legendaries.
At some point you've reached the end of your gear.
Reply Quote

I caught this too, lol! xD
Edited by Montus#1499 on 12/9/2012 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
wow all the good stuff ive seen so far are from players (strangers) ive met on chat and surprisingly helped me by giving/loaning me items. I wish i can find my 1st legendary soon
Reply Quote
Good grief, how is it possible to farm that many legendaries in 2 days? Are you on a catheter slamming monster energy drinks playing non-stop? That, or botting.
Reply Quote
So your point is..you want good drops, so you can upgrade your gear...and be basically done in a matter of days? You do realize you spent 60 bux on this GAME right. play it...enjoy it. DO NOT RUSH TO THE FINISH LINE...or else when you get there i can guarantee you will say.."Now what?" look at my profile..(first, i stripped my barb and i spent 1.5 mil on the gear he has...i KNOW i will find upgrades at some point) I am still learning, finding good stuff and bad stuff, playing the market, finding deals, posting deals. Why rush to finish a game? that would be a massive waste of money.
Reply Quote
Yeah. Rushing to the 'end of the gear grind' is kind of redundant in this solo single player game. It's a Dungeon CRAWL. Why run?
Reply Quote
ppl need to realize that the iteminzation in d3 is plain bad

At least someone with brains.

Take a look at all legendary items in D3. As I said, the majority of them CAN'T be good, since their stats are bad by default.

And to the guys thinking 35M is much: It isn't.
Also, I said "at best", probably will be less in this messed up economy.

Good grief, how is it possible to farm that many legendaries in 2 days? Are you on a catheter slamming monster energy drinks playing non-stop? That, or botting.

No bot will ever be able to compete with a whirlwind barb on steroids controlled by a player with too much coffee.

12/09/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Marysvillain

LOL :D

Was just to state a point here man, I'm pretty happy with my job and would never work for McDonalds^^
Edited by Kyrone#2959 on 12/9/2012 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly even though Torchlight 2 was really cartoonish I kind of preferred it to this. I found upgrades constantly. It was really cool finding all the little easter eggs in game and secret passages and solving little puzzles to get to hidden chests etc lol. I just hate how runic is so pro-modding with their games. Makes me not even want to play public games, and having played with friends before its much more fun with a group.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Kyrone
ppl need to realize that the iteminzation in d3 is plain bad

At least someone with brains.

Take a look at all legendary items in D3. As I said, the majority of them CAN'T be good, since their stats are bad by default.

And to the guys thinking 35M is much: It isn't.
Also, I said "at best", probably will be less in this messed up economy.

No bot will ever be able to compete with a whirlwind barb on steroids controlled by a player with too much coffee.

12/09/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Marysvillain

LOL :D

Was just to state a point here man, I'm pretty happy with my job and would never work for McDonalds^^

Lol I thought you were going to say something like you were still in high school lol. I would've hated to have to tell you mcdonalds only accepts applications from college graduates these days. rofl. no but really, from what I've heard, their standards are a little too high for flipping burgers.
Reply Quote
LOL@WWBARB MAD Bro?
I get 1-2 legendaries a week..STF U!

About 10 legendaries came from my WD that I made within a few hours...L2P bro ;)

12/09/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Marysvillain
Lol I thought you were going to say something like you were still in high school lol. I would've hated to have to tell you mcdonalds only accepts applications from college graduates these days. rofl. no but really, from what I've heard, their standards are a little too high for flipping burgers.

:D

No clue how that is in the US, here in Europe everyone can work there...literally.

12/09/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Marysvillain
Honestly even though Torchlight 2 was really cartoonish I kind of preferred it to this. I found upgrades constantly. It was really cool finding all the little easter eggs in game and secret passages and solving little puzzles to get to hidden chests etc lol. I just hate how runic is so pro-modding with their games. Makes me not even want to play public games, and having played with friends before its much more fun with a group.

Yeah, I gotta give it a try now. Have the game since release but never took the time to check it out. Also, Path of Exile will be pretty damn insane, too...

But that's not my point.

I don't want to play other games...I wanted to play D3 for a long time, as many of us do or did. The problem is simply that the game is in no way rewarding for players who play legitimately. RMAH users will always be better than legit players, even playing the AH for profit can't compete with a credit card.

Better items would, though, since you really should be able to find good items by simply playing the game.
Edited by Kyrone#2959 on 12/9/2012 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]