Diablo® III

Just identified 2 stash tabs of legendaries

3) I'm not even mentioning all the rares I found over this time. None of them was worth anything. 3 days, not one good rare item dropped.

[/i]

Why would you expect any different? People wanted them to buff legendarys, and all it did was reduce the item hunt to just a few handfuls of certain legendarys at that. And so since the item hunt is only about certain legendarys it really really reduces your chances at upgrades.

Looking at your gear are examples of what I'm talking about.

Witching Hour has AS and CD. What rare can compete with that? none
If you had IK Belt, it'd have LS which no rare can compete with.
Blackthornes has L% and LoH. What rare can compete with that? none
Lacuni's has AS and MS. What rare can compete with that? none
Ice Climbers has L% and OS. What rare can compete? none

Vile Ward is an example of a good legendary. It doesn't have exclusive stats that instantly invalidate rare shoulders such as yours. The life/sec and +armor are kinda nice to have bonuses but you wouldn't get those at the expense of other stats on a well rolled rare, and so rare shoulders are worth ID'ing. Same amulet, rings, glove and 1h'rs.

A few other legendarys are good design because they are more niche. I like Hellfire ring cause its really good for a non min/max dps stat (exp), and has a cool visual proc. Unity and SoJ's are nice because they are good against elites, but in general may not be best min/max ring compared to a really good rare and so you have to make a choice.

In general I think dps min/max stats exclusive to certain legendarys is detrimental to the item hunt and leads people to be frustrated when wanting to upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah.

Over 700 hours played and the most I've sold an item for was 15m; 3 for over 10, and the rest for less than 2.

I should have found at least one godly item by now, but then again, this should have been a good game upon release instead of whenever the expansion is.

There is literally no reason for any legendary to be automatically bad.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Swampdonkeys
There is literally no reason for any legendary to be automatically bad.

Thank you sir, you give me hope that not all players here willingly accept how bad the item system of D3 actually is.
Reply Quote
itemization problem

there's some stats are just too good.
on weapon for an example.
without crit/socket and DPS, no matter what stats or unique proc it have, it'll be worthless.

example of unique legendary but no chance of being "good"
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/wizardspike
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/empyrean-messenger
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/azurewrath
Reply Quote
@SIONG:

In my stash were 2 wizardspikes and one azurewrath ;)
As well as 2 burning axes of sanxis and...ah, it hurts to remember it even. Shouldn't even have picked them up...

The point is as you said: Some legendaries don't even have a chance to be good.

Stupid design is stupid.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:41 AMPosted by Garthandal
This sounds like "Blizzard! I want to be paid for playing your game!"

Are you illiterate or just plain stupid?

I wish the RMAH wasn't even in this game, I don't care about money at all. Hell since I play on the US servers from Europe I can't even use the RMAH, which I couldn't care less about though.

I just want to play a game and progress in it, as it is supposed to be. All this profit-orientated philosophy of "Duh, we make good items insanely rare and hard to get so players get frustrated and just buy them for tons of money to fill our pockets"
makes me sad and angry together.
Reply Quote
It's a bad system. Needs to be reworked for sure.

Unless a player is into not playing D3 and prefers playing AH3. The game's system is pretty sweet for those people :P
Edited by Otis#1467 on 12/9/2012 1:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Between me and the misses we are close to 450 brimstones and neither of us have bought one yet. One of the greatest days i have had in this game so far is when i found out i could break down items without identifying them first, lol >.<

Problem is though, at least between D2 and 3's drop rates are that diablo 2's ladder system reset so every 6-12 months no one had anything, thus farming served a purpose.

This game however, with RMAH that really isn't possible without people literally losing thousands of dollars, and blizz receiving major flak. With that in mind, the simplest way to keep people playing would be to make the itemization so miserable that people have to keep plugging away at it to get anywhere.

Where this game currently at is the result of that decision.
Reply Quote
Between me and the misses we are close to 450 brimstones and neither of us have bought one yet. One of the greatest days i have had in this game so far is when i found out i could break down items without identifying them first, lol >.<

Problem is though, at least between D2 and 3's drop rates are that diablo 2's ladder system reset so every 6-12 months no one had anything, thus farming served a purpose.

This game however, with RMAH that really isn't possible without people literally losing thousands of dollars, and blizz receiving major flak. With that in mind, the simplest way to keep people playing would be to make the itemization so miserable that people have to keep plugging away at it to get anywhere.

Where this game currently at is the result of that decision.

Well said.

Btw: I love how you put use to the IK set bonus on a DH, truly cunning and nice to see! ^_^
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 02:16 AMPosted by Nurgle
With that in mind, the simplest way to keep people playing would be to make the itemization so miserable that people have to keep plugging away at it to get anywhere.

actually what blizz doing right now to keep people playing is
by releasing "better" gear on each patch, to ensure trading is always active.
also when the game getting easier (because the better gear), they release MP.

i'm sure they'll keep doing this until MP10 eyerollable,
and when that happen, brace yourself for MP11-20.
rinse and repeat ..............
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 02:24 AMPosted by Ziggro
lol dude, u think u gona make a billion every 3 days now? just play the game, and enjoy the progress.

THERE IS NO PROCESS without finding good items, got it now?
Reply Quote
Just stop calling them legendaries. They are essentially rares. So call them rares and call the current rares magic or junk or whatever. Then you can accept that this game doesn't really have unique/legendary items in it.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Kyrone
decided to identify them all at once.

thats your problem and most people make that mistake...you should identify the very moment it drops or when you go back to town to repair.

learn to play
Reply Quote
Im not sure how you can honestly ask for really good items to be common? And you think thats going to help you profit more gold on your finds? It will only bring down the value of everything. Im also not sure why you think every legend that drops should be possibly good, thats not how it worked in d2, so im not sure where the "items dropped that arent worth looting" complaint comes from. They buffed the legends then doubled the drop rate which in turn gave us yellows turning into nearly worthless and even a large % of 63 legends being worthless. unless rolled really well. I think what im trying to say is for the most part an items value is based on a couple factors, but a huge one is rarity, so unless its hard to find its not going to be worth a lot.
Reply Quote
Just stop calling them legendaries. They are essentially rares. So call them rares and call the current rares magic or junk or whatever. Then you can accept that this game doesn't really have unique/legendary items in it.

Sure. And apples are burgers from now on.

thats your problem and most people make that mistake...you should identify the very moment it drops or when you go back to town to repair.

learn to play

Lol. Not sure what you're even trying to say but I hope you do not think that this would have made the items any better.
But thanks for the advice with your 3k elite kills, maybe you can teach me how to play...

12/09/2012 03:23 AMPosted by bonerown
Im not sure how you can honestly ask for really good items to be common? And you think thats going to help you profit more gold on your finds? It will only bring down the value of everything. Im also not sure why you think every legend that drops should be possibly good, thats not how it worked in d2, so im not sure where the "items dropped that arent worth looting" complaint comes from. They buffed the legends then doubled the drop rate which in turn gave us yellows turning into nearly worthless and even a large % of 63 legends being worthless. unless rolled really well. I think what im trying to say is for the most part an items value is based on a couple factors, but a huge one is rarity, so unless its hard to find its not going to be worth a lot.

Aaaand another illiterate troll. Did I ask for them to be common ANYWHERE in my post?
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 03:23 AMPosted by bonerown
Please! No more truth! It can't be handled!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]