Diablo® III

Just identified 2 stash tabs of legendaries

I have to agree with the OP. Even if the tone is maybe showing a lot of frustration, but I can understand it really.

I mean take a look on how many of the lvl63 legendaries and set items are inherently useless and you will understand eventually where the OP is coming from. Sure, the closer you get to the so called "end game" the harder it is to find something of value. But currently you dont have even the "chance" really.

Take someone as example who enjoys to play with twohand weapons (regardless which class).

What option is there? its an almost perfect skorn. Despite the high numbers of lvl63 legendary twohand weapons ONLY skorn is viable. Simply because the other weapons have almost no chance to be usefull.

The item system of D3 is flawed in its core.

And I am someone who likes D3. But I am not blind to the issues it (still) has.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Kyrone
Aaaand another illiterate troll. Did I ask for them to be common ANYWHERE in my post?

Lol im sure you can understand how I was confused. You say you want to be rewarded with rly good items every time you farm for a couple days. Maybe you are just too slow to understand the concept of variance when it comes to RNG, well clearly you dont understand it, my favorite line is when you take your 3 day farm and then try to make a timeline off of it on how long it would take you to get your next upgrade, that was cute. Its called variance scrubnub, you could go out farm for 5 minutes and find a billion gold item. So either you are just dumb or you rly needed to whine about a bad streak on the forums, either way you are terrible.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 04:14 AMPosted by bonerown
Aaaand another illiterate troll. Did I ask for them to be common ANYWHERE in my post?

Lol im sure you can understand how I was confused. You say you want to be rewarded with rly good items every time you farm for a couple days. Maybe you are just too slow to understand the concept of variance when it comes to RNG, well clearly you dont understand it, my favorite line is when you take your 3 day farm and then try to make a timeline off of it on how long it would take you to get your next upgrade, that was cute. Its called variance scrubnub, you could go out farm for 5 minutes and find a billion gold item. So either you are just dumb or you rly needed to whine about a bad streak on the forums, either way you are terrible.

Nah. Legs are rare enough as is. No need for the good ones to be less common than 1 in 75.
Reply Quote
OP you're at para 91 and you complain about legend? cmon my dude I'm sure you've notice it since para 20ish... no need to make a thread and qq.
Reply Quote
I think people are missing the point that even though legendaries are a lot more common now (I got 20 brimstones this week) the actual legendaries themselves are pretty terrible. There is pretty much no reason to not salvage certain ones since the stats it can roll are garbage.

I'm leveling a hardcore witch doctor, found 7 legendaries on the way to lvl 41, only one was kinda usable cause it had int/vit. Even the two spirit stones I found were rejected by the monk I was playing with. Does no one else miss d2 unique where you would find a certain item and immediately want to start x class because that one affix would be really fun to try out? Now its just o well it doesn't have 1k dps it's garbage
Reply Quote
Haven't found a legendary in nearly 2k elite kills already with 400 MF at MP2, so...let me just say I wish I had your luck of finding legendaries at all.

I have 1 brimstone in my stash...and thats because I bought it from the AH...have not seen a legendary forever...QQ more
Reply Quote
I agree with OP, that something needs to be done. Now even if you find a legendary that has a chance to be good, its most likely worth nothing because the market is soooo oversaturated. We saw this coming, still nothing has been put in place to prevent it and we are quickly running out of treasure to seek because even the tal rasha's helm I just found a double int/vit roll is damn near worthless.
Reply Quote
Gratz on the success story OP.

70 legends in 3 days is insanely good luck!

Given that literally 9/10 legendary items are terrible makes it surprisingly good luck that you'd only have to salvage half.

Setting some arbitrary price that none were worth 10 mil is absurd.
You made approx 35 mil in ONLY 3 days!
That's insanely good progress.

It's hilarious to see someone RANT about their way above average luck. Then again, I consider this a troll post, so kudos on getting 3 pages for your sarcasm.

Your complaint could be reworded as, "I hate that this game is supporting self-found play styles for people who enjoy loot hunting. I want money"
Edited by babinro#1836 on 12/9/2012 5:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
As long as we want legendaries/sets to gain primary dps stats or movement speed, nothing will change. Yes, the game is about killing as much enemies as possible as quick as possible, but should be many ways to get there.
Stone of Jordan is an example of properly designed legendary. Is is BiS? No, not really, you will lose paper dps when using it. Is it good? It's awesome! It's a legendary item that's not mandatory but still extremely valuable.

But Blizzard dropped the ball on other items:
Skorn - it's a DPS beast that renders every other 2H inferior
Witching Hour - purely DPS thing
Mempo w/crit - DPS, again
I can go on and on: Nat's 2-set, Echoing Fury, Lacunis ...

It seems they had nice ideas in some spots, but failed to execute:
Maximus - in the end you just give it to follower. It could be great, though.
Fire Walkers - again, I really wanted to do to demons what molten elites do to me, I expected I will want to center my play style around burning the ground, and what I got? Visual effect that ticks for 3-4k damage. Pathetic.
Hellfire Ring - outside of leveling up typically it's useless, but any of you who played the PTR know how sick the proc effect on this ring used to be :) Instead of being tuned down, it was nerfed into oblivion.

There are more legendaries with "cool" procs but as long as these procs are utterly useless people will continue to hunt for "dps stats" because right now that's the right thing to do.
Reply Quote
View profile
OP I have to say your luck is better than mine lol.
Reply Quote
Yes you bought all your gear off the RMAH and now there is nothing else to do.

Well spent?

Oh, and loot stinks in this game. Not exactly breaking news.
Edited by GreenTuque#1434 on 12/9/2012 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
hahaha you should play hardcore.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Kyrone
maybe you can teach me how to play

i can teach a lot of things to you kid.
you are really new to ARPG i can tell..my 3k elites kills has nothing to do whit my game play...sorry I do work irl
I don't spend all my day playing games, and I don't try to became rich selling virtual Items like you do, you clearly miss understand the mechanics of the game.

^_^
Reply Quote
35m is a lot. I can turn that into hundreds of millions.
One of the greatest days i have had in this game so far is when i found out i could break down items without identifying them first, lol >.<
you can do that?!?! WOW you just blew my mind right now lol! the new things you learn everyday, i'll tell you what!
Btw: I love how you put use to the IK set bonus on a DH, truly cunning and nice to see! ^_^
I agree, that's some pretty crafty stuff right there
Stone of Jordan is an example of properly designed legendary. Is is BiS? No, not really, you will lose paper dps when using it.
It's BiS for certain builds. The better your gear gets, the better the SOJ gets, and there's not very many items in the game that can do that.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/9/2012 6:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
You average 23.3 legendaries per day for 3 days, and yet you can't do anything but complain and rage.

You'll get no sympathy from me.

Let me take a guess, you're from the "entitlement" generation?

Thought so.

And no, not a Blizzard fanboy - just a 65-year old who likes a multitude of games.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
So....you expect to find upgrades every two days?

...and that they will be so awesome that you for some divine special reason are the only one to find it so it is worth billions? (items worth more if less people find them)

Reply Quote
+1

items are terrible.

economy is terrible.
Reply Quote
I have to agree with the OP. Even if the tone is maybe showing a lot of frustration, but I can understand it really.

I mean take a look on how many of the lvl63 legendaries and set items are inherently useless and you will understand eventually where the OP is coming from. Sure, the closer you get to the so called "end game" the harder it is to find something of value. But currently you dont have even the "chance" really.

Take someone as example who enjoys to play with twohand weapons (regardless which class).

What option is there? its an almost perfect skorn. Despite the high numbers of lvl63 legendary twohand weapons ONLY skorn is viable. Simply because the other weapons have almost no chance to be usefull.

The item system of D3 is flawed in its core.

And I am someone who likes D3. But I am not blind to the issues it (still) has.

Thanks and very well spoken. I like D3, too. Obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have been playing still.
However, looking at diabloprogress and seeing what the RMAH can do for credit card users makes me sick. If gaming continues to go in that direction it will lose what it was and what it is meant to be.

D3 could be the best item hunting game there is, if they just came back to their minds and their roots.

12/09/2012 04:14 AMPosted by bonerown

Nowhere in my post did I say that I want "rly good items ever time you farm"...
Anyways, looking at your profile made me smile...being called a "scrubnub" by a guy like you...cute :)

You average 23.3 legendaries per day for 3 days, and yet you can't do anything but complain and rage.

You'll get no sympathy from me.

Let me take a guess, you're from the "entitlement" generation?

Thought so.

And no, not a Blizzard fanboy - just a 65-year old who likes a multitude of games.

Good luck.

You'll get none from me either for that stupid post. Even if I average 50 legendaries, or 1000 legendaries per day, what good is it when they are useless? Do you not understand that legendary items are:

- far too common
- flawed in their core since most of them are useless

Thought so.

So....you expect to find upgrades every two days?

...and that they will be so awesome that you for some divine special reason are the only one to find it so it is worth billions? (items worth more if less people find them)

I did not say that in one word, did I? Jesus I'm wondering if these people are able to read or not.

I want to find cool, fun and amazing items, since this is an item-based game. Do I want that every day? Of course not.
But when I play, when I decide to spent time in D3 I could spent on other things, I want to get the feeling that it is spent usefully.
Also, I want that feeling of "Let's do one more run, the next great item is right around the corner."

You do not get this in D3 once you take a look at how the item system works.

12/09/2012 07:17 AMPosted by CylentPsycho
I feel your pain man, I've had a streak of Ivory towers and wizzy hats. WWBARB yeah I'm !@#$in mad bro, give me some real **** to sell.

Haha yeah. I haven't found an ivory tower for a long time now, get about time to be trolled by them again. However, 4 ivory towers and about 6 from these lvl 58 wizard hats...
Now tell me again that the item system is fine lol.
Edited by Kyrone#2959 on 12/9/2012 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]