Diablo® III

Just identified 2 stash tabs of legendaries

You average 23.3 legendaries per day for 3 days, and yet you can't do anything but complain and rage.

You'll get no sympathy from me.

Let me take a guess, you're from the "entitlement" generation?

Thought so.

And no, not a Blizzard fanboy - just a 65-year old who likes a multitude of games.

Good luck.

What an obnoxious twit you are.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

2) I find about 2 legendaries per hour. Let's say the average worth of one legendary is 500k, thus I make 1M per hour. Currently 1M is sold for 35 cents as far as I know...yeah, totally worth playing the game then.
--> I could just work for McDonalds and make more progress in this game rather than through playing it. That is IF I were to use the garbage system of the RMAH, which I never will.

Good job Blizzard. At least like this your pockets get filled since good items are next to impossible to find and rich people simply use the easy way.

It is either this profit-orientated calculation or simply amateurish stupidity of designing a game, but in either case I can't understand why one would decide to implement an item-system like this.

So, what you're saying is, you don't use the RMAH at all, but then break down your 'earnings' via how much you would get if you were to use it. Then call it not worth it, in that a job would be a better option.

I must've missed the part where they advertised that this game could replace a job. Or the part where it's impossible to have a job, and play in your free time, for means other than to simply convert everything into cash.

Sounds to me like you're playing for all the wrong reasons. I dunno about you, but I've got 5 characters that are fairly decently geared and almost purely from drops, sitting on plenty of gold that I spend bits and pieces of to buy cheapish upgrades that I feel I need. I've made my $60 back and then some. Job + extra pocket cash from video game = win.

Also, Itemization. If every legendary was really that great, we'd get the no economy, nothing's worth jack, yadda, yadda. You've got your Vile Ward's, Witching Hours, etc. BiS Legendaries, minus maybe weapons, rings, amulets and gloves, almost everything else BiS is legendary. Go look on the AH for an upgrade your character might need, can prolly get a solid one pretty cheap. With the great ones being more expensive. That's how it should be.

Then there are the useless ones, there have to be useless ones. They could certainly be better, make the procs do more, a little more entertaining to use at the very least. Have some fun and screw around with a character with a bunch of proc legends. Eventually your gear is gonna get to the point where finding an upgrade isn't likely. At that point, move to the next character. If your whole account is super badass and to the point where your bored, perhaps it's time to find a new game.

The game and it's items aren't perfect, but it's not terrible, either.
Edited by Khaos#1152 on 12/9/2012 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just hate the numbers:

Currently

The Burning Axe of Sanki

Legendary Axe

566.9–972.9
Damage Per Second

(287-477)–(585-1020) Damage
1.30 Attacks per Second

+(112-296)–(261-687) Fire Damage
Adds 5-6% to Fire Damage
Fire skills deal 15-25% more damage.
+36-40% Damage
+46-50 Fire Resistance
Each Hit Adds +449-657 Life
Chance to fight through the pain when enemies hit you.

What it should of been:

The Burning Axe of Sanki

Legendary Axe

772.9–972.9
Damage Per Second

(385-477)–(770-1020) Damage
1.30 Attacks per Second

+(200-300)–(500-700) Fire Damage
Adds 6-8% to Fire Damage
Fire skills deal 15-25% more damage.
+40-50% Damage
+60-80 Fire Resistance
Each Hit Adds +657-900 Life
+Random main stat
Chance to fight through the pain when enemies hit you.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 12/9/2012 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
You average 23.3 legendaries per day for 3 days, and yet you can't do anything but complain and rage.

You'll get no sympathy from me.

Let me take a guess, you're from the "entitlement" generation?

Thought so.

And no, not a Blizzard fanboy - just a 65-year old who likes a multitude of games.

Good luck.

and your part of the "mediocrity", don't fix what is broken generation.
Reply Quote
OP:

1. This is a game. You are supposed to enjoy playing it. Farming is "playing" the game. If you find farming to be so bad that it's like working at McDonalds, then perhaps you should stop playing the game as it is clearly not something you enjoy doing (unless you like working at McDonald's?). Seriously, if playing the game is so torturous, the you should probably stop doing it.

2. Perhaps you don't understand how economies work. You measure how good your drops are by what you can sell them for on the AH. That's a perfectly legitimate way to determine how good those drops are; however, if you were finding a 200m legendary every 2 or 3 days, believe me, in 2 or 3 days, that 200m legendary would no longer be worth 200m and you'd be right back here complaining that your drops are not worth anything. Take a look at the Zuni Marrow I sold just before Blizz made drop rates skyrocket with 1.05 to appease complainers (such as yourself). It had 160 something int and 190 something vit. At the time, I sold it for 90m (which was the low end of what it was worth). What would it be worth now? Well, I just bought an extremely similar one for my WD a few days ago for 10m. You really can't have it both ways. You can't constantly find something worth 200m and keep its value at 200m. It's a simple matter of SUPPLY and demand.

Look at it this way. You have gear good enough that you *should* be able to handle mp10 fairly easily. You're already towards the top of the game and there simply isn't too much that's better than what you have and what there is is not an actual necessity; what there is is SUPPOSED to be uber pricey.
Reply Quote
Whaaaaaa i bought 70 lottery tickets and only won 3 dollars! Screw this state I'm moving. Grow up.
Reply Quote
trash everywhere my friend, don't rage. i got at least 10 leg/set per 4 hours to play but it's all sucks,
i remember when i id 6 echoing fury once time. all of them have 800-900 dps non socket,
Reply Quote
trash everywhere my friend, don't rage. i got at least 10 leg/set per 4 hours to play but it's all sucks,
i remember when i id 6 echoing fury once time. all of them have 800-900 dps non socket,

Oh man...I can nearly feel the pain myself. :(
Reply Quote
LOL like everyone else said, you have 10x better luck than the average player. I do agree that certain legs need to be (re)buffed. Oh and you need to get an IK glove and belt so you get 60 ar and lifesteal. Also swap out your IK chest armor for Blackthorne's chest armor so you get your extra 100 vit.
Reply Quote
70... damn thats a lot of dark mages shade, frostburne gauntlets and sledge of athskeleng...which is all im getting these days.

Also 18 days farm for an upgrade at your equip level is not bad. Most people take months with the current gear trends.

I agree with trash legendaries not worth iding... All they are good for is trolling in pub games. It was fun dropping all those unid frostburn gauntlets.
Edited by chancesz#6867 on 12/9/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Congratulations, you have finally woken up from the nightmare of a commodity game called Diablo 3 and seen the light.

Now if everyone else would do the same and stop the insane use of the auction houses then ActiBlizzard would have to fix D3 as their revenue stream would dry up.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Ace
LOL like everyone else said, you have 10x better luck than the average player. I do agree that certain legs need to be (re)buffed. Oh and you need to get an IK glove and belt so you get 60 ar and lifesteal. Also swap out your IK chest armor for Blackthorne's chest armor so you get your extra 100 vit.

I'm just shaking my head in disbelief over this post.

1) It is not luck but efficiency. Every player with high farming speed averages about 2 legendaries per hour.

2) Please don't try giving me advice on my char when yours is clearly crappy at best.
IK chest owns blackthornes chest all day. The 60 bonus all res are worth it if I get IK gloves similar to mine with all resist, otherwise I don't gain any benefit from that.

And IK belts will never compete with a witching hour dps wise.

Pretty sure I know how to play, but thanks for the pseudo-advice.
Reply Quote
Hey bud if you want people to agree and support your cause (which I do btw itemization is terrible atm) try being a little less of an !@#$%^-. Don' take the troll bait that's being offered in every second post and stick to your main point.
Reply Quote
<= fanboy

12/09/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Yxalitis
STF U!
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Kyrone

I'm just shaking my head in disbelief over this post.

1) It is not luck but efficiency. Every player with high farming speed averages about 2 legendaries per hour.

2) Please don't try giving me advice on my char when yours is clearly crappy at best.
IK chest owns blackthornes chest all day. The 60 bonus all res are worth it if I get IK gloves similar to mine with all resist, otherwise I don't gain any benefit from that.

And IK belts will never compete with a witching hour dps wise.

Pretty sure I know how to play, but thanks for the pseudo-advice.

Then your efficiency is in the top 1% because no one else in this thread finds even a tenth of the legs you do. One guy didn't find a single leg in a month! As for IK chest, it's good but very expensive. I am not going to pay 50m just to trade away 100 vit for 100 str. Also I need the pickup radius on at least 1 item so I traded away 50 str for 7 yards pickup. Yes, you should get IK gloves and if not, get the IK belt. You will lose a little damage but you gain lifesteal(unique to barbs) and a bonus, such as more frenzy damage as well as +max fury. Oh and you also gain 60 resist anyway. So you trade a little damage and gain alot of other stats! I have told my friend not to bother with witching hour, his lifesteal belt is what keeps him alive. I actually once found a dex+fire res witching and sold it for 60m gold, no use for it as that belt is terrible for ehp and sustainability, not worth the small dps increase when you lose alot of time kiting and dying.
Reply Quote

I did not say that in one word, did I? Jesus I'm wondering if these people are able to read or not.

I want to find cool, fun and amazing items, since this is an item-based game. Do I want that every day? Of course not.
But when I play, when I decide to spent time in D3 I could spent on other things, I want to get the feeling that it is spent usefully.
Also, I want that feeling of "Let's do one more run, the next great item is right around the corner."

You do not get this in D3 once you take a look at how the item system works.

Ok, I guess I was abit too sarcastic there. Apologies. But what I meant to point out was that, what seems like trash now really was awesome some patches back! Its just that now that so much more loot has flooded the AH, that they look like trash! I sold a Dead Mans for 350mils before 1.05. Now that same dead mans is worth wad...5mils?

Even things like frostburns...brims now for sure...but right when they first appeared, you could sell them for mils! See what I mean?
Edited by Yokies#6303 on 12/9/2012 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nice botting dude! 70 legends in 3 days of botting. Not bad.
Edited by Duathor#1878 on 12/9/2012 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Your not the only person who experiances 99% of their legendary and sets drops to be worthless or ending up to be brimstones...

For me nohing has changed in drops from 1.04 to 1.05 but it only has gotten worst because the ah has been flooded with alot of none good items or semi good items which caused the prices to drop and its still hard to find the elite items as it was in 1.04

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.
Original Post for Leveling your Paragon Levels Fast!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179478144?page=5

KrazyBosnians!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM1JBAsjedc

Keep on Gaming Diablo 3!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]