Diablo® III

IK Bonus and Unforgiving, Answer please.

90 Human Warrior
Hello all. I'm on my way grinding to paragon 100 (51 currently) and have a question that I need answered =)

Default Barbarian Fury
- Degenerates 2 Fury Per 1 Second
- Fury gained by using abilities, attacks, into the fray, War cry

Unforgiving Bonus: "You no longer Degenerate Fury. Instead of Losing 2 Fury Per Second, you now GAIN 2 fury per second"

IK 5 Piece Bonus: "Increases Fury Generation by 2."

What does this mean ?

If Frenzy Generates 3 Fury on attack, Does IK bonus give me 5?
If War Cry Generates 20 Fury, does IK bonus now give me 22?
Does it effect Into the Fray (Crits now return 17 fury instead of 15?)

-----

OR does it STACK WITH UNFORGIVING?

Causing me to not lose fury, not gain 2 fury per second : But gain an amazing 4 Fury per Second?

Please. Someone clear this up. This is extremely important and very vague !
Edited by Nether#1853 on 12/9/2012 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
i would like to know too, thanks!
Reply Quote
I know it stacks with unforgiving, giving you 4 per sec. I just went in game and checked it out. As far as your other questions I dont know. I don't use war cry and I would never be able to tell if I'm getting 17fury over 15 fury from the crits :)

I would think that each attack (frenzy, bash, cleave) would all give you 2 more fury per attack w/the 5 piece set thought I have not tried to 100% clear that one up
Reply Quote
Ater you have gained fury you will not lose fury for a while - I believe the duration is 10 seconds. After that you will lose the fury as normal. If you have the full IK set then you will gain 2 fury until that duration is over. The IK set bonus will then offset the loss and you will net zero fury i.e. it will remain the same.
Edited by squilibob#6548 on 12/9/2012 9:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Its not fury from attacks its passive. When your out of combat barb gets -2 fury regen. When in combat you get +2 fury regen, so in combat you stay at 0. Now throw on unforgiving or ik5, same deal, you got a perm +2 fury regen so out of combat you stay at 0, while in combat you now get 2 fury per second. Now say you have ik5 and use unforgiving, outside combat you have gain 2 fury a sec and in combat you gain 4 fury a sec. Hope it helps tried to make it clear as possible!

Tldr; doesnt give fury per attack but a passive regeneration like arcane power from wiz.
Reply Quote
Its not fury from attacks its passive. When your out of combat barb gets -2 fury regen. When in combat you get +2 fury regen, so in combat you stay at 0. Now throw on unforgiving or ik5, same deal, you got a perm +2 fury regen so out of combat you stay at 0, while in combat you now get 2 fury per second. Now say you have ik5 and use unforgiving, outside combat you have gain 2 fury a sec and in combat you gain 4 fury a sec. Hope it helps tried to make it clear as possible!

Tldr; doesnt give fury per attack but a passive regeneration like arcane power from wiz.

are you saying that using unforgiving and having the 5 piece set doesn't give you 4 per second?
Reply Quote
Unforgiving + full IK
Have not gained fury recently = 2 fury per second
Have gained fury recently = 4 fury per second

That's 3 ways you've had it explained to you by two different forumites. I don't know how we can make it any clearer.
Reply Quote

are you saying that using unforgiving and having the 5 piece set doesn't give you 4 per second?

Not sure what he's saying, but it sure seemed to me that I get 4 fury a sec out of combat with the IK bonus+unforgiving.

Was playing around with the set a bit after getting a belt and helm drop last night. I bought some cheap (100k) gloves for the bonus and played around with it for afew runs. I'm now really considering saving up and transitioning to the set....the bonus is pretty sweet.

Speaking of, the helm is currently in my profile. Think I should hang onto it or save up for a better one?
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 03:41 PMPosted by LordZeus

outside combat you have gain 2 fury a sec and in combat you gain 4 fury a sec.

With just unforgiving you are always gaining 2 fury a sec no matter what and ik5 makes that 4 you can even throw in animosity and make it 5! And templar adds another 8% on top of that with that setup you can nearly perma sprint without any other sources of fury mp1 nonstop sprint forward evthing dies behind you :p
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 12/9/2012 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Full ik + Unforgiven means you gain Fury passively. YOU DON"T LOOSE FURY.. YOU GAIN FURY JUST STANDING THERE.

That's the best i can do. lol
Edited by Poobah#1136 on 12/9/2012 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Unforgiving + full IK
Have not gained fury recently = 2 fury per second
Have gained fury recently = 4 fury per second

That's 3 ways you've had it explained to you by two different forumites. I don't know how we can make it any clearer.

I asked cause if you are saying you dont gain 4 fury once you enter the game w/the 5 piece set and unforgiving you are wrong. The person I quoted made it sound like you only gain 2 fury w/those 2 active.
Reply Quote

Not sure what he's saying, but it sure seemed to me that I get 4 fury a sec out of combat with the IK bonus+unforgiving.

Was playing around with the set a bit after getting a belt and helm drop last night. I bought some cheap (100k) gloves for the bonus and played around with it for afew runs. I'm now really considering saving up and transitioning to the set....the bonus is pretty sweet.

Speaking of, the helm is currently in my profile. Think I should hang onto it or save up for a better one?

I'd keep the helm, ones with resist all on em are more expensive (at least they used to be pre patch, IDK now) But in order to get the best total damage out of barbs we can't use all 5 pieces. Mempo with crit and Ice climbers give more dps than the IK helm and boots
Reply Quote
Why wasnt Blizzard more clear on the set bonus honestly.....how are people suppose to get what it really means when they word it wrongly?
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 04:57 PMPosted by MASKOAA
Why wasnt Blizzard more clear on the set bonus honestly.....how are people suppose to get what it really means when they word it wrongly?

Also if it is "increased by 2" it could also be mistakenly taken as fury generation is doubled.
Reply Quote

I'd keep the helm, ones with resist all on em are more expensive (at least they used to be pre patch, IDK now) But in order to get the best total damage out of barbs we can't use all 5 pieces. Mempo with crit and Ice climbers give more dps than the IK helm and boots

It really is a shame we still can't dye Leg items. Ice Climbers are sooooo damn ugly. Cute little neon blue sandal boot things....really blizz?
Reply Quote
If Frenzy Generates 3 Fury on attack, Does IK bonus give me 5?
If War Cry Generates 20 Fury, does IK bonus now give me 22?
Does it effect Into the Fray (Crits now return 17 fury instead of 15?)

1.) Yes
2.) No
3.) Yes

The IK bonus gives +2 fury on fury generator attacks such as Frenzy, bash, cleave, and crits from into the fray. Afaik war cry it does not.

Unforgiving + IK gives you 4 rage per second.

This is probably the best and efficient combo you can do if you farm at MP 1 for highest XP and loot. Just because at certain DPS breakpoints you literally can almost 1 shot everything. So you just run around sprinting with fury constantly generating.
Reply Quote
Yea i was makin a bit over 80 mill an hour doin mp1 with ik5 animosity and unforgiving skipping all but legs. Did a run for an hour made a bit over 80 mill and got 7 or 8 crap legs just sprint and dont stop evthing dies behind you and rend with 17 yard aoe rune big groups and elite packs

Edit doing normal alk runs plus skycrown took me 8 to 11 mins each couldnt sustain wrath for crap though switched it out for opks

Also tryin to figure out if animositys 20% fury gen would make a wep throw no escape crit go from 29 fury to 34-35... And regular into the fray procs and say bash etc
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 12/9/2012 6:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yea i was makin a bit over 80 mill an hour doin mp1 with ik5 animosity and unforgiving skipping all but legs. Did a run for an hour made a bit over 80 mill and got 7 or 8 crap legs just sprint and dont stop evthing dies behind you and rend with 17 yard aoe rune big groups and elite packs

Edit doing normal alk runs plus skycrown took me 8 to 11 mins each couldnt sustain wrath for crap though switched it out for opks

Also tryin to figure out if animositys 20% fury gen would make a wep throw no escape crit go from 29 fury to 34-35... And regular into the fray procs and say bash etc

since you cant sustain wotb why not use hota slam? that is what I do for mp1 and 1 hammer strike with the nados pretty much wipes out each elite. With your damage im sure you would just have to look at the elites and they would die
Reply Quote
Yeah hota does make quick work of them if its a melee mob but a kiter pack they spread out and it becomes a chase game ww kills the whole pack near instantly

Edit nvm messed with hota a bit more 1 to 3 shots elites on mp1 deff beats rend for a slot hehe good call Z
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 12/9/2012 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
IK 5 pc. isn't worth it anyways
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]